Share you darkest ending.

+
Share you darkest ending.

In mine,
Ciri goes into the portal as she remembers me taking Emhyr's gold and bunch of other rude stuff. She never came back. In the epilogue, I have to kill level 2 hunters then go at the crones' sanctuary to brutally kill the last one, take back Ciri's wolf pendent.

During the ending, I'm told that Radovid has defeated the Nilfgaardians and invaded Novigrad to put all non humans, herborists and mage-like people at the stake. The only good thing happens in Skellige, where Cerys rules and has decided to stop her people from raiding the other coast.

Sorry if some of the description seems vague, I'm not really good at English. Anyways, What was the darkest ending you got?

In mine,
Ciri goes into the portal as she remembers me taking Emhyr's gold and bunch of other rude stuff. She never came back. In the epilogue, I have to kill level 2 hunters then go at the crones' sanctuary to brutally kill the last one, take back Ciri's wolf pendent.

During the ending, I'm told that Radovid has defeated the Nilfgaardians and invaded Novigrad to put all non humans, herborists and mage-like people at the stake. The only good thing happens in Skellige, where Cerys rules and has decided to stop her people from raiding the other coast.

Sorry if some of the description seems vague, I'm not really good at English. Anyways, What was the darkest ending you got?

Based on what I have read, there are three major variations in terms of how the game can end. Yours is probably the bleakest. You failed to mention that, after killing the last crone, it is heavily intimated in your ending that
Geralt commits suicide/dies.

I've only beaten the game once, but I was pretty pleased with how things ended up:
Nilfgaard in power, Radovid dead, Temeria a vassal state of Nilfgaard, Geralt and Triss living in their Kovirian love shack, Ciri a witcher, Cerys ruling Skellige in peace and prosperity.

Based on what I have read, there are three major variations in terms of how the game can end. Yours is probably the bleakest. You failed to mention that, after killing the last crone, it is heavily intimated in your ending that
Geralt commits suicide/dies.

Omg the thought of that horrifies me D: I'll be sure to make things better next time..

I got everything bad except for Skellige on my 1st playthrough:

- Ciri died
- Geralt died
- Radovid won the war and continued his killing spree of nonhumans and mages
- Skellige is ruled by Cerys (the only good thing)

the first time i completed the game, i had the worst possible ending :(

ciri dies defeating the white frost, geralt goes to the swamp to kill the last crone, and retrieve vesemir's medallion, a huge horde of monsters sorround him as he sits sad and a black storm is coming, really sad and noone romanced, that's lonely
nilfgaard wins and kills non humans, herborists, alchemists, etc,
cerys is queen,

Last edited:
I got everything bad except for Skellige on my 1st playthrough:

- Ciri died
- Geralt died
- Radovid won the war and continued his killing spree of nonhumans and mages
- Skellige is ruled by Cerys (the only good thing)

the first time i completed the game, i had the worst possible ending

ciri dies defeating the white frost, geralt goes to the swamp to kill the last crone, and retrieve vesemir's medallion, a huge horde of monsters sorround him as he sits sad and a black storm is coming,
nilfgaard wins and kill non humans, herborists, alchemists, etc,
cerys is queen,
Same for me, first playthrough. My15 year old soul will be broken forever :(

Did ANYONE put Hjalmar on the throne? Feel like CDPR didn't really do enough to make him a feasible choice. Hell it seems like not participating in that questline at all is better than helping Hjalmar.

I´d certainly rather investigate what has happened before jumping to conclusion as would most people I guess.

I did not know that this sole decision would ultimately decide the outcome of who rules Skellige so I was like, I´m gonna investigate what happened first and THEN I´ll go and see what I can do with Hjalmar.

but well, too late : )

Did ANYONE put Hjalmar on the throne? Feel like CDPR didn't really do enough to make him a feasible choice. Hell it seems like not participating in that questline at all is better than helping Hjalmar.

There is not ONE "feasible" or "meaningful" choice in the last third of the game. It's everything just a puzzle with clear right or wrong consequences. I never felt any agency or any real "challenge" in any choice situation in the final act of the game...

When you fail the puzzle you get the bad ending. Superb RPG.

There is not ONE "feasible" or "meaningful" choice in the last third of the game. It's everything just a puzzle with clear right or wrong consequences. I never felt any agency or any real "challenge" in any choice situation in the final act of the game...

When you fail the puzzle you get the bad ending. Superb RPG.
Agreed.

Even better, put Hjalmar on the throne means you will loosing chance to get [Place of Power] that build inside the castle secret door.

I was write my own opinion of the best - the worst - and the better ending on my old thread.
[h=2][Coffee Break]
The Realistic, The Best and The Ugliest Ending.
[/h]

Top Bottom