timer on crossing mist 2nd time in Chapter 2???

+

Jhampa

Forum regular
timer on crossing mist 2nd time in Chapter 2???

I have Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings Delux from Steam.
It works well but in Chapter 2 I have crossed the mist, killed the mage and got out of the camp. I am in Iorveth's path. On the return there is a timer that goes so fast it is impossible to cross under the umbrella of Phillipa. I have tried 20 times. I have removed all my mods, revalidated the game files with Steam and still die within minutes. I have tried running ahead but die then too.
Suggestions? Is there a way to just type on a command to complete that section like in Skyrim "setstage xxx"
I am doing this as prep for Witcher 3.
thanks if anyone replies
JS

There's no timer. You just need to stay close to Philippa, she'll kill anything that comes near you. When it goes "blue" for a wraith/draugir attack, just kill the wraiths.

Jhampa

Forum regular
Well maybe there is not exactly a timer but my health drops second by second. I take all the potions for health and protection, use Quen and kill the wraiths but by the time I have done the wraiths in I die for health reasons, even if no one has hit me! With some mods installed the health reduction was very fast. Without them it is slightly slower. I meditate prior to entering to have a full health bar. after 20 tries it is getting frustrating.
Just to spell out what I have done:
Had Steam check my files
removed all mods completely
taken potions
used quen
tired to run ahead of Phillipe as fast as I could
??
The program runs fine, no crashes.

your health drops only if you are outside Philippa's protective area , from your description it's like her aura has no effect , it sounds like a bug more likely, a weird one, try to find a mod or something that gives you total immunity to all effects , a God mode , at least until you cross the mist .
Or, give me the save, i'm curious to try it .

Last edited:

Jhampa

Forum regular
Yes, the aura she radiates has no benefit. Health drops fast. I tried a god mode mod and it dropped even faster! I just went back to the first save where I cross the mist and I was completely protected on that crossing. Interesting. So I will play the scenes till I meet up with Phillipa again for the return crossing and then report back if the bug is fixed. I am thinking one of the mods might have been the problem. I heard some mods do not work with the steam version of the game. Anyway, give me a while and I will report back if the bug is fixed or not on this run through of Chapter 2. thanks for responding! :halt:

---------- Updated at 10:57 PM ----------

Ok, I walked across the Mist to the camp, no problem at all, perfect health. Did the quests there, lived and had good health. Then returned to Phillipa and entered the mist again. Immediately started to loose health and died just after the first set of wraiths. Loosing health constantly, even when not hit. I cannot attach a file here, it says 'not valid file' meaning the .sav file.

Mods should work the same way on Steam version as non-Steam, but yes, it could be a mod.
- Which ones are you currently using?
- Are there any others that you used earlier in this playthrough, but aren't using now?

The only thing in the vanilla game that should make your health drop for no reason is if you're playing in Dark Mode, and are using the DM swords but not the full DM set.

If you want to pass us a file, upload it to a hosting service such as Dropbox, Mega, or the equivalent, and post the link. Someone here can check it out. If we have the same problem, someone here may be able to work out why. If not, then someone here can get you safely back to Vergen and pass the savegame back to you.

Strange problem though, I don't think I've seen it before.

Last edited:

Jhampa

Forum regular
Hi, well frustration won and I deleted all my game, reloaded the game from Steam, no mods at all loaded in. Same problem. Ok, so your comment here works perfectly. I had two DM swords, "Mourner" and 'Weeper" and so when I changed them to 'Gwyhyr" and "Harpy" there was no timer on the mist. What I would be very interested in is anyone who got through the mist with the DM swords and made it! The progress with Phillipa is too slow for the DM and so one would have to run. If you wish to comment on that I would be interested.
Main point, problem solved!!! :victory:

Hi, well frustration won and I deleted all my game, reloaded the game from Steam, no mods at all loaded in. Same problem. Ok, so your comment here works perfectly. I had two DM swords, "Mourner" and 'Weeper" and so when I changed them to 'Gwyhyr" and "Harpy" there was no timer on the mist. What I would be very interested in is anyone who got through the mist with the DM swords and made it! The progress with Phillipa is too slow for the DM and so one would have to run. If you wish to comment on that I would be interested.
Main point, problem solved!!! :victory:

Oh, good, glad it worked.

The issue with the swords is "by design", in that if you have the swords but not the full armour set, it will reduce your health all of the time that they're unsheathed. I suspect that you were just more aware of it during this scene, as you probably crossed the mist with your sword drawn. If it had happened at other times, you would probably have been in mid-combat and just didn't notice.

Unless you use a mod that removes the special curse/bonus on the swords, or get the full armour set, you will still have this happen as you move forward. Try it just by standing somewhere and drawing your swords to see what happens.

If you're not going for the full DM set, I'd recommend sticking with Gwyhyr and Harpy.

Top Bottom