Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share my support for Yennefer in this topic. The way CD Project Red made her as close as the character in the books is fantastic. Last Wish quest is in my opinion one of the best highlights of Wild Hunt. I agree that there is little interaction between Yen and other characters (Triss and Ciri are the big ones), specialy with Triss Merigold. When i played first time i was prepared for a scene where both ladies are arguing, or even close to fighting each other, but nothing close to that ever happend. I really liked the dialogue bettween Ciri and Yenna before opening the doors to Avalach laboratory

Overall i really enjoyed Yennefer content in the game, but i feel CDPR could made so much more.

Last edited:
When Yennefer acts nervous people mark her evilvilerude beatch
When Triss acts nervous people mark her nice and caring cause she just "scare"

Some people not people. I for one like like Yennefer but only as Geralt's friend (the same as many Yen fan want Triss as Geralt's friend :p)

Some of my POV about Yen in first playthrough
-I don't understand why she decide to use the Mask of urhobo and try to bring down the apocalypse to Ard Skellige, while Geralt can calmy ask Ermion about Wild Hunt movement in Hindarsfjall, so for me it just ... evil

-But in the garden, i know the need to use necromancy here, even the result is destroy Freya's garden otherwise Geralt and Yen don't have anything to go on. Beside, it will recover right ? But Ciri's life will not

-Geralt and Yen together have many sarcastic moment together, and i really like it. Remember the time Yen teleport Geralt to the lake, when i come back
Yen: then next time i will tele you above 20 feet that will result your death (sarcastic tone)
Geralt *poker face* >:D

-And final Yen soft side when finally see Ciri, she drop all her tension and hug Ciri, really nice scene

-I dislike when someone call Geralt are henpecked by Yen because i didn't see any of it in my game. Also thanks to @Kallelinski to make a post to clear this problem :like:

Her face is flawless :heart:

Just wanted to share my support for Yennefer in this topic. The way CD Project Red made her as close as the character in the books is fantastic. Last Wish quest is in my opinion one of the best highlights of Wild Hunt. I agree that there is little interaction between Yen and other characters (Triss and Ciri are the big ones), specialy with Triss Merigold. When i played first time i was prepared for a scene where both ladies are arguing, or even close to fighting each other, but nothing close to that ever happend. I really liked the dialogue bettween Ciri and Yenna before opening the doors to Avalach laboratory

Overall i really enjoyed Yennefer content in the game, but i feel CDPR could made so much more.

Yeah i thought she was very much spot on. Agree though that the absence of any scene involving the two women confronting each other was a disappointment.

Yeah...Geralt could never be Yen's "dear friend" ​lmao

Which sucks for those of us who care, like, and enjoy Yennefer but think Geralt and she don't work as a couple.

At least in the game.

---------- Updated at 11:43 AM ----------

Yeah i thought she was very much spot on. Agree though that the absence of any scene involving the two women confronting each other was a disappointment.

On my end, i hate the whole, "Cattiness" angle which gets played up in so many games and it's eye-rolling. If I had to have a Triss and Yennefer confrontation, I'd really prefer they handle it maturely.

Besides, I'm not sure how such a confrontation would go.

"You went after my man!"

"You threw him away!"

"I mean before that! When he was amnesiac!"

One thing which is complicating the issue is both Triss and Yennefer are BOTH broken up with Geralt at the start of the game which quite a few fans on both sides of the fence seem to have trouble grasping with.

yeah, the "friendship" like Triss gave to Yennefer :dry:
I don't know why when thinking of these two first thing which comes up in my mind is chapter 9 of Tower of the Swallow.

Not going into further details, but we know what happened, and we know that Yen's old grudge against Triss (going to bed with Geralt) suddenly reappears because Triss' behaviour disappointed her. Just to remind that Yen is angry at Triss not for her flirt with Geralt (we can see it's an old story in Time of Contempt) but for that thing in chapter 9.

Then Rivia events happened.

For me if CDPR really wanted to make "djinnspellmagiccrap" as a reason of "fake" feelings there had to be a possibilty for Yennefer to say: "I'm freeeeeeee yaaaay gooobai Geralt!"

We have only "nothing's changed".

One thing which is complicating the issue is both Triss and Yennefer are BOTH broken up with Geralt at the start of the game which quite a few fans on both sides of the fence seem to have trouble grasping with.
Why? I mean, let's not forget the Shani incident. Being broken up with both at the beginning of W3 is not even comparable to that incident. Meh.

I don't know why when thinking of these two first thing which comes up in my mind is chapter 9 of Tower of the Swallow.

Not going into further details, but we know what happened, and we know that Yen's old grudge against Triss (going to bed with Geralt) suddenly reappears because Triss' behaviour disappointed her. Just to remind that Yen is angry at Triss not for her flirt with Geralt (we can see it's an old story in Time of Contempt) but for that thing in chapter 9.

Then Rivia events happened.

Yeah,it's funny Triss and Yen are supposed to be friends,but they don't have a single nice conversation in the books ;D

For me if CDPR really wanted to make "djinnspellmagiccrap" as a reason of "fake" feelings there had to be a possibilty for Yennefer to say: "I'm freeeeeeee yaaaay gooobai Geralt!"

We have only "nothing's changed".
Yeah.

---------- Updated at 01:53 PM ----------

Yeah,it's funny Triss and Yen are supposed to be friends,but they don't have a single nice conversation in the books
They have it, in Time of Contempt, then shit hit the fan, sadly.

:sad:

Triss died for me as a nice character after that scene at "Skellige" where Yennefer asked her for help.
Her next tryouts for rehabilitation were very pathetic and only cause of conscience

I thought that CDPR could restore her in my eyes but nope. Again the same. Nothing about Geralt's past, the use of him and again the work for the lodge.
I have not found Triss "angel" in TWIII too. Just a person with no alternative. Die or fight.

So Sapkowski killed her for me.
And CDPR buried.

On my end, i hate the whole, "Cattiness" angle which gets played up in so many games and it's eye-rolling. If I had to have a Triss and Yennefer confrontation, I'd really prefer they handle it maturely.

Besides, I'm not sure how such a confrontation would go.

"You went after my man!"

"You threw him away!"

"I mean before that! When he was amnesiac!"

I sort of feel you have to go through the cattiness to get to the mature resolution. Something echoing their exchange towards the ends of the books where they have a fiery exchange of words would have worked for me or even just someone referencing that there had been a fiery exchange whilst Geralt was at the isle of mists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom