Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean like they did in TW2 with Shani's romance? ;)
I'm not sure if this is how they work, so I don't know, but I'd guess that since then they've gotten quite a fan base, and they aim to annoy us as little as possible.

TW3, as I understand it, brought in many new players *ahem* and probably expanded their fanbase even more.

GG, now I can see only "Gendalf" instead of "Geralt" omg

hehe and attacks sauron with his silversword :D

Btw, found this ^^

They already did it multiple times. As Konrad said, story > everything else, including C&C. Stuff happens outside of that player's reach.

There is reason why they tied Triss up in a court life (something Geralt hates probably more than anything) and about 5 different occupations in Kovir, place where nothing happens (so TW4 probably won't happen there), while Yen is free to do whatever they need her to do:rly?:

Obviously, I am speaking from a position of someone who is fairly convinced TW4 will happen with Ciri as a protag.

This would be an incredibly bad decision and I don't believe that it's true. After all, Triss is very much THEIR character while Yen is (more or less) "only" the depiction of the character that was already described and written about in length in Sapkowski's novels. For them as storytellers Triss should be way more interesting than Yen because they can't add much to Yen for various reasons. First, because she's already a full grown and full developed character who has gone through extensive katharsis already, and second, because her fans wouldn't agree on any bigger deviation from the source character in the books (for which this thread is probably the biggest proof). Triss on the other hand is their character. She has only little content in the books and is only a side character. CDPR made her a main character in TW1 and TW2 because they could bring something of them into her instead of just continuing what Sapkowski wrote before.

If anything CDPR should try to strengthen and improve upon their own characters than caring too much about major book characters like Yen (or e.g. Dandelion). They impose more limits to CDPR and their stortytelling than a character like Triss. Which makes it even weirder that Triss is so underdeveloped in TW3... :-

In short, that's what people demand (for good reasons) imho:

1) Yennefer -> should be a true depiction of the (late) Yennefer in the books, too much deviation from that damages her character and is more bad than good and too little concentation on her core traits (e.g. her relationship to Ciri) doesn't give her the proper justice she deserves

2) Triss -> should be a full blown character and should get the chance to grow as a person and be able to reach the katharsis which would give closure to this character that was developed over the course of the whole triology, the more content she gets in that direction the better since she still a lot of unused potential

This thread undoubtedly the best thread in any forum. The reason main reason is the difference that it makes when you have proper knowledge about the topic you are discussing about and when you don't. The threads that deals petty issues with Graphics downgrade, Demand for Permadeaths (!?) are full of newcomers who felt buying it being mesmerized by the pre-launch graphics. Some of them don't care about the storyline and the have neither played W1 & 2 and nor wish to play them because graphics or gameplay does not look to be appealing enough. Many don't have enough knowledge about the lore & some of them not even remotely interested in acquiring them. They feel like they betrayed by the graphics downgrade & this should be the primary focus of CDPR & anyone unfortunate enough to present a different opinion gets a good bashing.

Anyway I have nothing against them as strongly feel that everyone entitled to their own opinion, i merely feel sorry for their ignorance. The reason of this post is to point out the vibe that a good discussion emits when it is discussed by people who have the knowledge or the interest of acquiring that knowledge.

P.S :Taking advantage this situation many preachers of the-other-team-that-shouldn't-be-named preaching their demand & trying recruit acolytes as many as possible.

Last edited:
Sometimes its more like this...

Story ? Wayne...
Love in Details ? Wayne...
Beautiful World ? Wayne....

Graphics ? oohhhhhh Yes
Boobs ? Hell yeah

Damn..again ot...shhhhhh :secret:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom