S No DLC or Patch this week?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They do? I heard some guy said that they dont release patches on fridays.. I hope he's wrong about that lol.
Ill tell you this much, it will be a way better weekend if they roll that monster-patch out tomorrow.

Let's all get in a circle and pray to Tor that we will get the patch tomorrow.

I'm just sitting here and waiting.

Guest 2364765

They do? I heard some guy said that they dont release patches on fridays.. I hope he's wrong about that lol.
Nobody sane does that. Even if you've 100% confidence in your software/updates, there's a fair chance it won't work for somebody .
Releasing it on friday would mean that you either leave someone with non-functional software for the weekend or you loose weekend by working on a fix.

CDPR did that stunt once and they regretted it, i wildly guess that patch will arrive either later today or next week.

The communication this time around with the patch and DLC has not been the best. Right around when we got the last patch a developer said we shouldn't have to wait long for the next big patch as they had been working on it longer than the smaller ones.

Then the way they made it sound last week was that the 1.07 patch was coming last week and there would be no DLC until this week. Then they corrected that and said we would get the patch this week and DLC. We know the DLC is ready as it was leaked on PS4 by accident. And normally doesn't DLC come Wednesdays? We are now Thursday. So I'm assuming we are getting the DLC and patch at the same time which I guess makes sense, but if the DLC Is ready why not just release it?

I just know if the stuff doesn't come out this week the shit is going to hit the fan with a lot of people!

Nobody sane does that. Even if you've 100% confidence in your software/updates, there's a fair chance it won't work for somebody .
Releasing it on friday would mean that you either leave someone with non-functional software for the weekend or you loose weekend by working on a fix.

CDPR did that stunt once and they regretted it, i wildly guess that patch will arrive either later today or next week.

Come on universe.. give us the patch today. In this cause I guess Universe = CDPR

Maybe next week, it's a big patch and consoke certifications take time for dumb reason, and CDPR don't want console players to feel left behind. Maybe next week, no DLC this week either.

Maybe next week, it's a big patch and consoke certifications take time for dumb reason, and CDPR don't want console players to feel left behind. Maybe next week, no DLC this week either.

They didn't seem to care leaving them behind before. To delay a patch for cross platform is stupid.

Come on universe.. give us the patch today. In this cause I guess Universe = CDPR

Ok that had me seriously rofl'ing.

Come on guys game patching is like the internet: serious buziness and HARD. Sounds like they targeted this week, but they will never be able to tell you for sure until it goes gold and by that time its being pushed out, sheesh, patience peeps.

They didn't seem to care leaving them behind before. To delay a patch for cross platform is stupid.

Lots of console players complained about that, it's not thwie fault, console patchs take time for some reason. Certifications take a long time.

Yeah Its good. Been a fan of honest trailers long before I even knew what witcher was. They've done a lot of movies and games and pretty much all of them are funny as hell.
Oh and I gave you red-point since you didnt have any.

Lots of console players complained about that, it's not thwie fault, console patchs take time for some reason. Certifications take a long time.

Therefore console players should go to Sony and Microsoft's forums, I really hate how consoles are bottlenecking PC because of that.

I only need 1 question answered: why not make smaller quicker patches? Now they are getting:
1. People tired of waiting. This is why I lost respect for Rockstar Games - GTA V came 18 months later for PC while they could have easily released it 4-5 months max fully working and looking as it does right now (before you say something - I played it a month after the console release but shitty developer behavior will not be tolerated by me and some other fans that are trying to support the companies but are being laughed at /not saying CDPR are being dicks, but I have seen some people getting a bit tired of waiting for this patch and some bugs known from day 1, and yes, I know that GTA V was done with the help of more than one R* studio, which only contributed to my loss of respect for them/ ).
2. More work for them eventually - if a lot of stuff is broken because of the patch, it will take them a few more weeks to go over that again, smaller patch means they just worked on those problems and if something needs ironing out they won't have to put themselves in the mindset from - LITERALLY - 1 month ago.

Or maybe CDPR are masochists? Who knows, gotta visit Poland one day and see for mmyself...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom