Knew they'd nerf.

+
Knew they'd nerf.

I knew it. I HAD a nice build based on fire. Firestream is now basically useless. This was NOT mentioned in the patch notes. Why nerf a single player, non-competitive game? Seriously...you guys are just like all the other game companies now..you mention the "good" in the patch notes, but also hide all the nerfs you put into every patch. Seriously. I should not have to re-spec my guy after a patch. You lost one user today CDPR, and I hope you lose a lot more. Don't become like Blizzard Entertainment, and what they did to Diablo 3 with all it's nerfs..I won't ever buy another Blizzard game, and CDPR will now get a close, hard look and a wait after each release of your subsequent games before I'll buy. I'll wait about a dozen patches to see how badly you nerf your future games into the ground before I decide if it's worth a purchase. Shame on you CDPR..really.

I understand your pain as I also play mage and if I spend all my points to mage-skills, I expect them to be OP, just like any other branch of skills, let's mourn together :(

Seriously? Out come the CDPR fanboi's. What I say is the truth. THERE WAS NOTHING IN PATCH NOTES ABOUT ANY NERFING!!! I feel deceived, just like I and so many others did with Diablo 3. I guess this is the future of gaming companies. Telling half truths and selling the positives while failing to inform of the negative.

Glad that they did, it was way too overpowered during igni stream. Like 1,500-2,000 damage per second of igni stream + 700 fire damage a second. Shouldn't hide it in the patch notes though, not sure if it was intentional or not but even if it's a thing which could piss some people off, they should still announce it.

Also, the game isn't as hard as I expected on Death March. It's hard until you reach level 10 or so and then it feels like normal mode. Nerfing a few things could fix that in-experience and make the game a bit harder. I wouldn't mind more nerfs and some addments to the difficulty.

Last edited:
Should it have been in the patch notes? Yes.
But developers are allowed to balance single player games. If they felt it was too powerful they can adjust it at their discretion.

A Witcher is not a Mage, I don't think they liked the idea of being able to roast 75% of your enemies without drawing your sword. Just like they wouldn't want you throwing bombs all fight. Despite it being a single player game I respect the notion that they have a vision of a general way people will experience combat in their game.

Last edited:
Witchers are not mages.
Let's not talk about canon please. CDPR gives opportunity to a wider range of people to play the way they want to. Witchers do not wear heavy armor, witchers do not have witcher senses presented in a game, witchers do not use crossbows - still these features in the game. So, CDPR tries to please everyone and now they simply discourage to play as mages, this is not an appropriate attitude towards players.

If something is OP, then it have to be nerfed. I'm sorry, but complaining if something has been balancement, is just stupid.
Before this, the firestream was just too powerful, breaking the balancement of the game.

Seriously? Out come the CDPR fanboi's. What I say is the truth. THERE WAS NOTHING IN PATCH NOTES ABOUT ANY NERFING!!

Fanbois? Maybe people are reacting to crazy ass comments like:

You lost one user today CDPR, and I hope you lose a lot more

That is neither positive nor constructive. If that is your attitude to CDPR (who do a truly outstanding job) just because something does not go your way then you need to go away and have a word with yourself. A long word with yourself.

nerfing a single player game always loses a huge chunk of the player base,because you never know whats going to get nerfed next.

you invest a lot of time to a playstyle of your own choice,then it all goes down the drain because some fanbois doesnt have the self control to play a game thier own way,they need to be hand held and forced to play it someone elses way.

open world ?..my arse it is,too many restrictions to even be close to open world.

its just another hack n slasher

There's still plenty of magic to use, and there's still plenty of effectivity in signs. So what if you can no longer crutch it, something overpowered got nerfed - deal with it.

nerfing a single player game always loses a huge chunk of the player base,because you never know whats going to get nerfed next.

you invest a lot of time to a playstyle of your own choice,then it all goes down the drain because some fanbois doesnt have the self control to play a game thier own way,they need to be hand held and forced to play it someone elses way.

open world ?..my arse it is,too many restrictions to even be close to open world.

Being able to easily kill the majority of foes with little effort with a build that requires around 8 points and a mutugen or 2 is not good game design. Especially when the character is meant to be a swordsman first and alchemy and signs are augmentations even when specializing in them.

I think for changes like this they should always offer the player two options, just like they offered the player two movement options.
Stick with original to switch to newly balanced combat.
Because people might have invested their character in terms of skill points, armor and weapon selection, and even the socketing of runes and glyph for a certain build and to wipe that out is kind of a dick move.
Again, give people the option of staying with the original or the new balance and nobody will complain.

Firestream had to be fixed as the problem was the dots themselves were applying new dots and they kept on stacking and this kept going on. Basically you cannot put multiple dots of the same type on a person and have them stack.

Beides with fire stream one could kill anything in seconds so something was definitely wrong and do remember witchers are not mages. Signs and alchemy are meant to support his melee abilities NOT replace them.

Last edited:
Igni was pretty much easy mode in the first two games, so I'm not sure why they decided two months after release that it shouldn't be easy mode in this game, either.

That said, you are going to boycott the company over this? Huh? Zuh? Muh? Buh? Guh?

:areukiddingme:
No offense but... no it doesn't . There are quite a few examples in other (single player) games where it was for the best.

:what2: Rrrriiiiiight "another" .... like it ever was one

An open world is not freedom. Is never been.

---------- Updated at 01:52 PM ----------

I think for changes like this they should always offer the player two options, just like they offered the player two movement options.
Stick with original to switch to newly balanced combat.
Because people might have invested their character in terms of skill points, armor and weapon selection, and even the socketing of runes and glyph for a certain build and to wipe that out is kind of a dick move.
Again, give people the option of staying with the original or the new balance and nobody will complain.

What options?

Option 1: Play a bad unbalanced RPG
Option 2: Play a balanced RPG

Really?

Top Bottom