Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess [major spoilers!!!]

+
So much missed potential

I think that the complete Wild Hunt plot was missed potential. The first time i saw Eredin and his crew i was really amazed. They looked great from the game design point of view. They could awake a dose of awe but just at the first sight. Some time later as the story unfolds, you get the weid feeling that neither Geralt nor Ciri or any of the sorceresses would have any problems defeating any of the three Wild Hunt bosses in a 1 on 1 fight.

Eredin even pales in comparison to Imlerith who definitely had some savagery that could drive the fear in your bones. I dont want to even mention that we didnt see Caranthir under his mask, that was just an epic fail. First of all there was barely any Wild Hunt content even the game is called so. Second, no Wild hunt boss has the depth or intelligence a Letho or Alderberg had in their stories. The whole Wild Hunt thing feels just so false and shallow in comparison to the previous games, its quite embarassing even. Eredin has only 12 sentences, Imlerith 3 and Caranthir doesnt even say a lousy word. Thats just not good storytelling.

If i'd like to be cynical enough, i would even say that Eredin couldn't even beat Letho in a fair fight, even if the latter would fight with his bare fists and Eredin would be dual wielding his scary swords. Sorry but no mature and decent gamer can take the Wild Hunt villains seriously.

Any response from CDP would be appreciated

Why do they? Maybe a press note or something like in the best of the cases.

I don't need any Mea Culpa from CDPR or any explaination. The answer is blowing in the wind. The best to fixing any possible storyline failure/mistake is avoiding th repeat them in their next games.

Considering that they plan to continue supporting this game for another 12+ months with expansion content, some tweaks to be enjoyed on a replay would be a real nice treat. I'll be playing the expansions either way, but I'll be the first to say that I very much enjoyed the EE touches that were put on TW2, and I really enjoyed replaying the game with them.

Why do they? Maybe a press note or something like in the best of the cases.

I don't need any Mea Culpa from CDPR or any explaination. The answer is blowing in the wind. The best to fixing any possible storyline failure/mistake is avoiding th repeat them in their next games.

I think he meant a signal that they are at least open for discussion and ready to tackle their own work. Not a confirmation that they really plan to change something. ;)

I think that the complete Wild Hunt plot was missed potential. The first time i saw Eredin and his crew i was really amazed. They looked great from the game design point of view. They could awake a dose of awe but just at the first sight. Some time later as the story unfolds, you get the weid feeling that neither Geralt nor Ciri or any of the sorceresses would have any problems defeating any of the three Wild Hunt bosses in a 1 on 1 fight.

Eredin even pales in comparison to Imlerith who definitely had some savagery that could drive the fear in your bones. I dont want to even mention that we didnt see Caranthir under his mask, that was just an epic fail. First of all there was barely any Wild Hunt content even the game is called so. Second, no Wild hunt boss has the depth or intelligence a Letho or Alderberg had in their stories. The whole Wild Hunt thing feels just so false and shallow in comparison to the previous games, its quite embarassing even. Eredin has only 12 sentences, Imlerith 3 and Caranthir doesnt even say a lousy word. Thats just not good storytelling.

If i'd like to be cynical enough, i would even say that Eredin couldn't even beat Letho in a fair fight, even if the latter would fight with his bare fists and Eredin would be dual wielding his scary swords. Sorry but no mature and decent gamer can take the Wild Hunt villains seriously.

Agreed its so Wonderful to read Scholdarr.452 i enjoy evry points hes making.

Here some more suitable TITLES :

The Witcher > Wild Frost

Letho : The Witcher > Wrath of the vipers

ontopic:
I want to know why ciriila needs to rescue us from the Withe plaque?in 3000 years mankind will have spaceships/cyborg implants explored half the galaxy.
My first playtrough was a disastrous,because cirrila becomes witcheress,Radovid is alive and so on . . . .

Tthe most Disturbing and immersive breaker was the last scene before she enters the conjuction or portal whatever and tells me that ;

What can you know about saving the World, silly ? You^re but a witcher . . . . let me spechless

Last edited:
What can you know about saving the World, silly ? You^re but a witcher . . . . let me spechless

Of course! It's a compilation about What Geralt think about himself in all the novels and she reminds him in a semi-joke, for break the hard and emotive moment of the separation between father and daughter... don't you read the books, I assume?

Of course! It's a compilation about What Geralt think about himself in all the novels and she reminds him in a semi-joke, for break the hard and emotive moment of the separation between father and daughter... don't you read the books, I assume?

I read the books (multiple times) and I find this line unfitting and silly as well. Just because it has a connection to the book doesn't mean that it's automatically well suited for this situation or character... ;)

I read the books (multiple times) and I find this line unfitting and silly as well. Just because it has a connection to the book doesn't mean that it's automatically well suited for this situation or character... ;)

Well, to me it feels. I can understand how Ciri trys to hide her sorrow reminding with a sweet joke his father that not only he can make sacrifices for saving people. The white wolf an his neutral code: I'm only a Witcher, I don't save the world. A sweet sentence filled with accomplice irony.

Please don¨t ? As a uncle and parent advisory. . . the decision you make ingame makes nonsense.Ciri is more then 20 already.Best Example the snowfight or get drunk in Kaer Mohen.In RL iam a expert when it comes to snow , after a snowball fight always somebody will cry at the END and you have the Schadenfreude :)
First i play a game where basics are taken from the Books .The Games are made in alternate universe thats how i see it fits perfectly for me. if its hard to understand what i mean check this DC/Universe if you dont like it so be it.Or other example Abrahams new STAR TREK. series.This TW3 was taken exactly from 3 books and they mixture dosnt fit the previous games.I cant express myself dont have a bachelor/university Diplom but even the politics in TW2 wasmore fascinating to me then the gameplay itself.
and thats why so many similar threads are open i hope you can one Day open your EYES dont be blindfolded Books are great the Games too but . . . . they try it hard to make a 180" degrees and aplees the book in to TW3 with some minors hint/spoilers nice Tatoo on the wrong part ciri :) thats obvious to me it was a Fan service nothing more. . . and no i dont need reminder and hints/spoilers in the game from the books taken it destroyes my Alternate universe.

The Games are made in alternate universe thats how i see it

Ok then enjoy your interpretations of game scenes and I'll do the same Anything we write here will change the game, like it or not. So let me explain freely to a friend what I see this sentence fits in.

And sorry If I seem rude. But I don't understand the quantic physic or how is named in english. But this suppossed 180º of desviation of CDPR has not take you by surprise. They annouced it when they started to work in the game. "In TW3 we will show a Geralt more closer to the books, he will recover his memories and search for his loved ones"

Last edited:
Please don¨t ? As a uncle and parent advisory. . . the decision you make ingame makes nonsense.Ciri is more then 20 already.Best Example the snowfight or get drunk in Kaer Mohen.In RL iam a expert when it comes to snow , after a snowball fight always somebody will cry at the END and you have the Schadenfreude :)
First i play a game where basics are taken from the Books .The Games are made in alternate universe thats how i see it fits perfectly for me. if its hard to understand what i mean check this DC/Universe if you dont like it so be it.Or other example Abrahams new STAR TREK. series.This TW3 was taken exactly from 3 books and they mixture dosnt fit the previous games.I cant express myself dont have a bachelor/university Diplom but even the politics in TW2 wasmore fascinating to me then the gameplay itself.
and thats why so many similar threads are open i hope you can one Day open your EYES dont be blindfolded Books are great the Games too but . . . . they try it hard to make a 180" degrees and aplees the book in to TW3 with some minors hint/spoilers nice Tatoo on the wrong part ciri :) thats obvious to me it was a Fan service nothing more. . . and no i dont need reminder and hints/spoilers in the game from the books taken it destroyes my Alternate universe.

So, please, enjoy your interpretations of game scenes and I'll do the same, but let me explain freely to a friend what I see this sentence fits in.

I don't know about you guys,but Ciri needs to be in TW4,she is perfect and would make an amazing appearance in the upcoming game.And please don't just don't. Geralt's story is over,but Ciri's is not and the Witcher „franchise will be continued“ as stated by the CEO Adam Kicinski.

Well, to me it feels. I can understand how Ciri trys to hide her sorrow reminding with a sweet joke his father that not only he can make sacrifices for saving people. The white wolf an his neutral code: I'm only a Witcher, I don't save the world. A sweet sentence filled with accomplice irony.

I rather see in it the aspiration of a writer to be especially snarky but that's just me... ;)

I don't know about you guys,but Ciri needs to be in TW4,she is perfect and would make an amazing appearance in the upcoming game.And please don't just don't. Geralt's story is over,but Ciri's is not and the Witcher „franchise will be continued“ as stated by the CEO Adam Kicinski.

Oh! yes. But why do you quote me here? :p

I don't know about you but I fail to see how this is connected to the topic of this thread ... we have different thrads to discuss that so please stay on topic. :)

The Games are made in alternate universe thats how i see it fits perfectly for me.

Or other example Abrahams new STAR TREK. series.

As a huge Star Trek fan I have to say hell no and thank god the Witcher games are nothing like that.

Thats the main reason i was thinking like : ok they gonna end this series on the CDPR writers hand iam coenfiedent. Amazing storys implemented with the Baron.Watching reviews previously : Almost evryone says you dont need to play the previous ones you dont need to read the books to understand the lore. .(Angry Joe the farting Troll. .stated himself . i was skeptical first and the truth is after playing over 100h its true.
I doubt 75% of the playerbase who finished the Games are Book readers .To answer your semi/Joke about the Books.And i doubt that 80% Gamers have read all the books lying around caves/taverns/houses/castle/dungeons they just colectors, have tons of Threads people asking what is the Wild Hunt who are the Crones what is this creature fromt he forest=?Read She Who Knows. . . .and so on i get it they are new characters but still fits my lore in this Witcher Lore in other hand the WILD Hunt is just a Title

Thats the main reason i was thinking like : ok they gonna end this series on the CDPR writers hand iam coenfiedent. Amazing storys implemented with the Baron.Watching reviews previously : Almost evryone says you dont need to play the previous ones you dont need to read the books to understand the lore. .(Angry Joe the farting Troll. .stated himself . i was skeptical first and the truth is after playing over 100h its true.
I doubt 75% of the playerbase who finished the Games are Book readers .To answer your semi/Joke about the Books.And i doubt that 80% Gamers have read all the books lying around caves/taverns/houses/castle/dungeons they just colectors, have tons of Threads people asking what is the Wild Hunt who are the Crones what is this creature fromt he forest=?Read She Who Knows. . . .and so on i get it they are new characters but still fits my lore in this Witcher Lore in other hand the WILD Hunt is just a Title

Tbh having read the books isn't the ultimate cure. Imho it makes the good elements better, yes, but the not-so-good elements even worse. ;)

But in the end, reading the books is recommended. I mean just imagine a Star Wars or Star Trek or LOTR game without having watched the movies or read the books. You probably wouldn't understand it that well neither, especially certain references and character interactions that are based on a longer history betwen them.

You know the really sad thing? Someone's released a parody of the game on Youtube and Eredin probably has more lines in the parody than he does in the game.There's no context for large parts of it. I mean, let's look at this forum. You have people who romanced Triss complaining about a lack of content, people who romanced Yen complaining about a lack of characterisation, people who played the previous games complaining about a lack of consequences and recognition of their choices, people complaining about the relationships in the game being under developed. What's the one thing no one complains about? Gameplay. They got that part spot on. All the complaints are directed at the writing of the game. This game, far more than The Witcher 2 ever did, is crying out for an Enhanced Edition that fills in a lot of the gaps.

You know the really sad thing? Someone's released a parody of the game on Youtube and Eredin probably has more lines in the parody than he does in the game.There's no context for large parts of it. I mean, let's look at this forum. You have people who romanced Triss complaining about a lack of content, people who romanced Yen complaining about a lack of characterisation, people who played the previous games complaining about a lack of consequences and recognition of their choices, people complaining about the relationships in the game being under developed. What's the one thing no one complains about? Gameplay. They got that part spot on. All the complaints are directed at the writing of the game. This game, far more than The Witcher 2 ever did, is crying out for an Enhanced Edition that fills in a lot of the gaps.

I couldn't agree more. That's precisely the problem.

Top Bottom