+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, she definitely seduced Geralt with magic.

Triss couldn't understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that... she had seduced the witcher - with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other's eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

That doesn't sound like what they're trying to say here

with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

Spot on. Exactly what I wanted to say! Too bad they keep fighting all the time though (Referring to Geralt and Yennefer) he wouldn't have considered "other options" if their relationship was any better. Plus, Yennefer knows no shame, she slept with Geralt, the next day she slept with Istredd and even later on the second day she slept with Istredd again.

I'd say, they had a "flexible" relationship

Thanks for the post that was it, no aphrodisiac or lack of resistance.

Now despite all the problems of Yennefer, you consider it normal a friend do it ... it's lamentable.

Thanks for the post that was it, no aphrodisiac or lack of resistance.

Now despite all the problems of Yennefer, you consider it normal a friend do it ... it's lamentable.

I think that saying
kojac said:
despite all the problems of Yennefer
should allow Triss to have some problems herself as well. Nobody is perfect and again, Geralt wouldn't have considered it if they had a more stable relationship, If you called what they had at that point a relationship in the first place.

should allow Triss to have some problems herself as well. Nobody is perfect and again, Geralt wouldn't have considered it if they had a more stable relationship, If you called what they had at that point a relationship in the first place.

Point was getting at is the fact that it is friend. She could sleep with him by several factors, seduction and magic.
But after the book 1 or 2 I do not remember, she tried tried tried and failed.

Point was getting at is the fact that it is friend. She could sleep with him by several factors, seduction and magic.
But after the book 1 or 2 I do not remember, she tried tried tried and failed.

She only failed because she couldn't help him with Ciri's problems, if anything, she did the noble thing by saying that she won't be able to help and asked him to go see Yennefer.

No, Triss had not desired to take him away from Yennefer. As a matter of fact, her friend was more important to her than he was.

This is why they couldn't stay together.

“Geralt, this is a serious matter. The girl is an exceptionally powerful medium. I don’t know what or who she is contacting, but I think there are no limits to her connection. Something wants to take possession of her. Something which is too powerful for me. I am afraid for her. Another trance could end in mental illness. I have no control over it, don’t know how to, can’t… If it proved necessary, I would not be able to block or suppress her powers; I would not even be capable, if there were no other option, of permanently extinguishing them. You have to get help from another magician. A more gifted one. More experienced. You know who I’m talking about.”

“I do.” He turned his head away, clenched his lips.

“Don’t resist. Don’t defend yourself. I can guess why you turned to me rather than her. Overcome your pride, crush your rancour and obstinacy. There is no point to it, you’ll torture yourself to death. And you are risking Ciri’s health and life in the process. Another trance is liable to be more dangerous to her than the Trial of Grasses. Ask Yennefer for help, Geralt.”

“And you, Triss?”

“What about me?” She swallowed with difficulty.

“I’m not important. I let you down. I let you down… in everything. I was… I was your mistake. Nothing more.”

“Mistakes,” he said with effort,

“are also important to me. I don’t cross them out of my life, or memory. And I never blame others for them. You are important to me, Triss, and always will be. You never let me down. Never. Believe me.”

She remained silent a long while.

“I will stay until spring,” she said finally, struggling against her shaking voice.

“I will stay with Ciri… I will watch over her. Day and night. I will be with her day and night. And when spring is here… when spring is here we will take her to Melitele’s Temple in Ellander. The thing that wants to possess her might not be able to reach her in the temple. And then you will ask Yennefer for help.”

“All right, Triss. Thank you.”

“Geralt?”

“Yes.”

“Ciri said something else, didn’t she? Something only you heard. Tell me what it was.”

“No,” he protested and his voice quivered.

“No, Triss.”

“Please.”

“She wasn’t speaking to me.”

“I know. She was speaking to me. Tell me, please.”

“After coming to… When I picked her up… She whispered: ‘Forget about him. Don’t torture him.’”

“I won’t,” she said quietly.

“But I can’t forget. Forgive me.”

“I am the one who ought to be asking for forgiveness. And not only asking you.”

“You love her that much,” she stated, not asking.

“That much,” he admitted in a whisper after a long moment of silence.

“Geralt.”

“Yes, Triss?”

“Stay with me tonight.”

“Triss…”

“Only stay.”

“All right.”

Last edited:
she tried tried tried and failed.

And she tried in W1 and succeeded...

And then she tried in W2 and succeeded again.

And then she tried in W3 and succeeded yet again.

Most likely as I write this down she is succeeding in Kovir.

Last edited:

You sir, are like the amazing spider-man, you're just more amazing.

W1 - Geralt amnesia and yennefer dead
W2 - too
W3 - the snake had already poisoned it fully.

W3 - the snake had already poisoned it fully.

I agree, Yennefer has that effect on people. She did spend a lot of time trying to seduce Aucks from The Witcher School of The Viper. That must've been where she picked it. ;)

---------- Updated at 11:09 PM ----------

yennefer dead

She wasn't dead, she had amnesia too. She was busy with Aucks, a total stranger. While Geralt was busy with Triss, our beloved Sorceress and one of his love-interests since the books.

Again amnesia was in effect. Although I would do anything to survive if I did not know anyone.

So that gives her the excuse but it doesn't give it to Geralt? After all Triss tried to tell him about Yennefer and he's the one who told her that he wasn't ready to hear about the past yet during TW1 events.

---------- Updated at 11:15 PM ----------

Its funny how she does the whole "Amnesia is not a legitimate excuse and I'm going to dump you in a lake!" thing then...:rolleyes:

It is very funny, but we already pointed that out as an inconsistency. :p

We should have the option grab her hand before she throws Geralt into the portal, she obviously needed to cool it for a bit.

Amnesia not is excuse, it was a weakness in both Geralt and Yen. Now someone take advantage of this weakness to get something the person with amnesia is another story.

---------- Updated at 11:24 PM ----------

leaving. after back to revive the pyre

Copy post to use later :lol:
Its funny how she does the whole "Amnesia is not a legitimate excuse and I'm going to dump you in a lake!" thing then...:rolleyes:
Where is the option to ask Yennefer about Aucks when she angry about Triss :devil:

We should have the option grab her hand before she throws Geralt into the portal, she obviously needed to cool it for a bit.
We should indeed. I've already mentioned that geralt and falling more than two feet don't go together well at all. Imagine he broke his legs on impact then drowns or gets eaten by drowners. What then Yen? She should think thing these things through. :laughing:

---------- Updated at 11:27 PM ----------

Where is the option to ask Yennefer about Aucks when she angry about Triss :devil:
Or Istredd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom