+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should indeed. I've already mentioned that geralt and falling more than two feet don't go together well at all. Imagine he broke his legs on impact then drowns or gets eaten by drowners. What then Yen? She should think thing these things through.

She would've killed him because he chose to be with someone else (It was a crime of passion). :disgust:

Or Istredd

:smiling2:

---------- Updated at 03:49 AM ----------

I found the lake dumping to be quite infuriating tbh. But if you mean the time spent at KM in general then yeah, it was a pretty good part of the game.

I found it illogical and irresponsible, especially after Geralt broke up with her.

---------- Updated at 03:55 AM ----------

I beg your pardon but since when it is hitting on the guys trying to rescue you imperative for survival?

It is for people suffering from paraphilia. But I don't think they knew the medical term for it back in the day (Or even knew that it was a thing).

Last edited:
And she tried in W1 and succeeded...

And then she tried in W2 and succeeded again.

And then she tried in W3 and succeeded yet again.

Most likely as I write this down she is succeeding in Kovir.

I spilled my drink all over the keyboard when I saw that.:smile:

P.S.

I think you owe me a new one. :p

Last edited:
:smiling2:Yes, he said in his thoughts, yes, you are correct. There’s only her , her at my side, here and now, and this is all that matters.

Here and now. And where she was before, with whom she was, doesn’t matter in the slightest. Now, she is with me, here, among you. With me and no one else. That’s what I’m thinking about; thinking about her, all the time, feeling the scent of her perfume and the warmth of her body. And you can choke on the envy.
Time of Contempt: Andrzej Sapkowski

Reading this thread I'm not sure what's worse, trying to excuse Triss for backstabbing Yennefer and seducing Geralt with magic just to piss her off in the books or excusing Yennefer and her terrible personality. Just accept their flaws please lol.

Reading this thread I'm not sure what's worse: trying to excuse Triss for backstabbing Yennefer and seducing Geralt with magic just to piss her off in the books or excusing Yennefer and her terrible personality.

I always blamed both issues on Cirilla. If she never was a part of Geralt's life, he wouldn't have went back to Yennefer, he wouldn't have summoned Triss to Kaer Morhen (Which made their relationship run a lot deeper and made it more complicated) he would've been off, having fun with Dandelion and Zoltan.

Jokes aside though.

I never saw a reason to hate Yennefer for her personality. She had a very rough childhood and she suffered a lot, she wasn't willing to change before but now she is, she have a problem showing it sometimes, but deep down, she's kind hearted and she cares a lot even though she pretends that she doesn't and that's why I love her. I felt that Geralt never understood her and that what made her upset the most about his attidute and him being always upset about hers. That's where I found that Istredd appreciated her a lot more than Geralt did.

I loved Triss, in the books and in the games, she saw most of her development in the games, one of the things that impressed me about what CD Projket RED decided to do with her character, they took the good and bad things and they built on it and I loved the way they introduced her in TW2 and TW3, going through the events of TW2: Assasssin of Kings and TW3: Wild Hunt turned her into a completely different person. She has too much in-common with Geralt and knowing both their personalities makes them a perfect match for each other.

I simply love the work Andrzej Sapkowski has created. Making both characters, the way they showed up in Geralt's life. He's a true artist and I have nothing but love for all the characters he created, all their flaws, problems and emotions between him, Yennefer, Triss and Ciri are always running so deep it made me cry more than once in the books and while playing the game.

It's really hard to hate either one of them, instead, I'll just always show my love for both and doom myself to suffer The Lone-Wolf ending so I don't break their hearts anymore. :sadtriss:

Its funny how she does the whole "Amnesia is not a legitimate excuse and I'm going to dump you in a lake!" thing then...:rolleyes:

Am I really so good at understanding women or are others so bad :p ?

It is obvious that is not what she said. She gave Geralt 3 warnings that this is not a topic she wants to talk about. That it would be better if they forget about it. The "usage of excuses" at that point, even valid ones simply wont help her.

*I never could get that reaction....

Am I really so good at understanding women or are others so bad :p ?

It is obvious that is not what she said. She gave Geralt 3 warnings that this is not a topic she wants to talk about. That it would be better if they forget about it. The "usage of excuses" at that point, even valid ones simply wont help her.

*I never could get that reaction....

I can never be that rude to Yennefer. However, the first time I did it, I went back to her asking for "more". I expected she was going to throw me through another portal, but she ignored me and that made me a little upset. :boredom:

I always found Eredin attractive "DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!"

Honestly though, I think there should've been more romance options than Triss and Yennefer, it would've defused the tension between both characters and It would've ended up a lot worse for me, with probably 4 women tying me to the bed with shackles instead of just 2.

---------- Updated at 06:03 AM ----------

I chose Yennefer once and I chose Triss once, breaking the other person's heart left me feeling depressed, empty and I pretty much cried myself to sleep after. The Lone-Wolf ending gave me the option to see both of them depart with Geralt while keeping their friendship, I know that I broke their hearts and I know that my heart is broken over it, but I have difficulty making that sort of decisions.

I always found Eredin attractive "DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!"

But you are a girl/woman after all :devil:
I chose Yennefer once and I chose Triss once, breaking the other person's heart left me feeling depressed, empty and I pretty much cried myself to sleep after. The Lone-Wolf ending gave me the option to see both of them depart with Geralt while keeping their friendship, I know that I broke their hearts and I know that my heart is broken over it, but I have difficulty making that sort of decisions.

I only cry at Vesemir funeral, break Yen's heart is hard, true, but only for 3 days ... You go for two goodbye scene in one playthough ? Your heart must be really strong :cry:

personally think so too...mostly in the books but even in the game:

Example after Imlerith revenge with Ciri:

Triss reaction:

Triss: Have you lost your mind? You went after Imlerith by yourselves? To the sabbath?! How could you put Ciri in danger?!

Geralt: Come on, we came out of it fine. Can't say the same for Imlerith.

Triss: That's the sole comfort I find in this. But it's not justification. You know what might've happened?

Geralt: But it didn't. I was there. Had the situation under control.Mind if we change the subject?

Yen's reaction:

Geralt: I thought you would be angry…

Yen: Angry?Why? Because you supported Ciri in her decision or because you fought by her side and won?

Geralt: What if we’d lost?

Yen: Then we wouldn’t be having this conversation. And the female half of the continent would be drowning in tears...

Answering here as it seems the correct thread to me.

The action WAS RECKLESS, there is no denying that. And a great disservice to all the the other people who came and risked their life to protect them earlier. I mean, they go and take three ancient witches + the general of the wild hunt, in their home turf, just the two of them alone? I know they are protected by plot armor, but them (the characters) shouldn't be aware of that. Couldn't they have teleported to Yen and Triss' location and get them too.
I blame that on Ciri though, it's just her way.

So in light of this. Triss was right to express her anger at their actions, although maybe the realizes Geralt it's not to blame and eventually calms down.

Yennefer, well, mothers tend to have a blind spot when it come to their children and give them leeway, even to adoptive ones, so she doesn't see the actions as wrong.

The action WAS RECKLESS

It was reckless, there is no denying it. I kept mumbling, talking to myself on the way there saying "This is not a good idea, I don't like this". Triss had every right to give him that reaction. It was the romantic and caring thing to say, it made me respect her even more.

---------- Updated at 06:46 AM ----------

I only cry at Vesemir funeral, break Yen's heart is hard, true, but only for 3 days ... You go for two goodbye scene in one playthough ? Your heart must be really strong

I cried during The Last Wish, I cried during Now or Never, I cried in some of the quests related to the romance in between those stages, I cried when Geralt found Ciri, I cried when Vesemir died, I cried a few more times toward the end, for reasons which I will not share!

It is difficult to do, I feel very bad for doing it, but I still can't make that decision yet.

Answering here as it seems the correct thread to me.

The action WAS RECKLESS, there is no denying that. And a great disservice to all the the other people who came and risked their life to protect them earlier. I mean, they go and take three ancient witches + the general of the wild hunt, in their home turf, just the two of them alone? I know they are protected by plot armor, but them (the characters) shouldn't be aware of that. Couldn't they have teleported to Yen and Triss' location and get them too.
I blame that on Ciri though, it's just her way.

So in light of this. Triss was right to express her anger at their actions, although maybe the realizes Geralt it's not to blame and eventually calms down.

Yennefer, well, mothers tend to have a blind spot when it come to their children and give them leeway, even to adoptive ones, so she doesn't see the actions as wrong.

You eventually change my point of view about Yen in this scene (never thought about mother-daughter dynamic, just think Yen is cool when completely believe in Geralt and Ciri ability)

It was reckless, there is no denying it. I kept mumbling, talking to myself on the way there saying "This is not a good idea, I don't like this". Triss had every right to give him that reaction. It was the romantic and caring thing to say, it made me respect her even more.

Yep my reaction to Geralt and Ciri going off to fight three crones and Imlerith by themselves.....

Triss was right to get angry at Geralt but once he responds she gives a 'defeated' look and then Geralt kisses her on the forehead (Triss romance path), so all was ok and i liked Triss all the more for it....

The most important thing in Triss and her reaction is that it was completely sincere and natural. Same goes for Yenna. Both of these reactions were in context with their character and saying something like "Triss doesn't understand Geralt and Ciri" is simply just ignoring the fact that for Triss, Ciri and Geralt are two big question marks that she loves a lot so she reacts the way she does. It's a new land to discover for Triss, but that doesn't mean she doesn't understand or love Ciri and Geralt. On the other hand, Yen knows Geralt and Ciri better than herself, which definitely shows in her reaction. CDPR handled this flawlessly, I can't believe some people find their reactions inappropriate, I expected their reactions...

Last edited:
You eventually change my point of view about Yen in this scene (never thought about mother-daughter dynamic, just think Yen is cool when completely believe in Geralt and Ciri ability)

Funny thing, I'm thinking that she stated her reasoning for such reaction crystally clear and there's no need for interpretations :) She DID see their actions as wrong, but that doesn't matter at the moment anymore, and there are new things to do like RIGHT NOW.

Also, her sarcasm is an indicator of her being extremely relieved (remembering her dialogues with Francesca after decompression and with Crach in 'Tower of the Swallow'). Too bad that such details are very hard to explain to players.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom