The Pizza Thread

+
(notice how they had the delicacy to pre-cut the pizza)

Def_eEwVwAAVaiJ.jpg

There is only one pizza I like, since it has unusual topping which is far removed from Italian ideal:

Bacon, pickled cucumbers, onions, with cold garlic sauce added (In Lithuania all pizzas are eaten with extra sauce).

If there's one thing I hate on my pizza it's raw onions. Always exclude it from orders. I don't mind it when they fry mushrooms with onion or whatever other ingredient, but raw onions is a perfect way to ruin a pizza for me.

This thread has been dormant for far too long! Time to bring it back to page 1 with this image of a pizza I made yesterday:
IMG_0640.JPG

Pineapple, blue cheese, champignons, and mozzarella.
pizzaemote.png

Man, pizza is great. Here is a pizza that I had at a restaurant recently.
Nah, it's a calzone, cop that pizza plebs
SmartSelect_20200119-153731_Gallery.jpg

In order to ask for fogiveness for my doubts about CP77 (that still stand, firmly) AND help the world stop disrespecting one of the most favolous dishes, I give you the proper recipe for pizza (it doesn't matter how you cook it):

2-3 Pizzas:
500g flour
400mL water
2g yiest
10g salt

Dissolve yiest in room temperature (20-25°C) water, add it to the flour and work it for 10 minutes. NOW add salt (not before, it would kill the yiest) and work the dough for additional 20 minutes trying to incoroporate air (= fold it continuously, look for some tutorial on youtube). It will become a smooth ball. Should you use the robot, it's quite quicker.
Cover it and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Split the dough in round balls (ideally 250g each, since it's the optimal weight for a pizza), put them in a box with a lid and put it in the fridge (4-6°C) for 24 hours. It will double in size and be full of bubbles.
Take the dough out of the fridge, let it warm up at room temperature for 30 minutes and work the dough into the pizza shape. VERY IMPORTANT: use only your hands and do not push it with strenght, you want to be gentle. Rolling pin is absolutely forbidden. Think caressing a girl (I'm avoiding more sexist but actually more appropriate descriptions). You can find tutorials on youtube, not sure in which languages.
Since the typical situation is electric oven and no refractory stone, warm the oven as high as possible (realistically around 200-220°C, ad a little oil on an oven tray, put the pizza on it, add topping (not cheese and stuff that risks to be overcooked), put everything in the oven and cook it for approximately 30 minutes (it really depends on the oven). Last five minutes are for cheese and other stuff.

Follow this recipe and your pizzas will be lighter and easier to digest, when cooked you'll see bubbles in the cooked dough, clear and only evidence of a good pizza.
I can guarantee this is going to be 10 times better than any avaage pizza joint you can find pretty much everywhere.

P.S. Do not expect it will look like this:
1579464661361.png

Not gonna happen in a normal oven (recipe is the same, dough (pun intended))

This is what you're getting if you're good at it:

1579464766864.png

BTW, I prefer to use even less yiest (0.2-1%) and let it rest for 48 hours.

professionals use specific flour, yiest and 3 different temperature during the leavening process.

1579464946366.png

Side note for the hawaian pizza lovers: no need to try this recipe, your pizza is gonna taste shit anyway :ROFLMAO:

VERY IMPORTANT: use only your hands and do not push it with strenght, you want to be gentle. Rolling pin is absolutely forbidden. Think caressing a girl (I'm avoiding more sexist but actually more appropriate descriptions).

Yes, but for that nice inflated margins you want the motion to be from the interior towards the exterior, gently pushing it and the air bubbles towards the sides.

In a standard electric/gas oven you won't get it to puff up as it would on a stone one but it should still be noticeable. Kinda like this:

IMG-20200119-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200119-WA0001.jpg

Top Bottom