The Pizza Thread

+
Yes, but for that nice inflated margins you want the motion to be from the interior towards the exterior, gently pushing it and the air bubbles towards the sides.
yeah, I didn't know how to explain it, that's why I suggested to look for a tutorial. But it's not about "pushing the bubbles away"

Anyway:

:confused:

Parchment paper (English has a weird name for it) works just fine. Oil would just make the tray messy.
I disagree, if you cook it in an electric oven you can't get the necessary heat shock to make it "grow" and the pizza will result too dry, so with a little oil (that you can spread into a thin layer with a brush) you get a crunchy bottom. What you get is the "pinsa romana" which is a type of pizza cooked in an oven tray typical from rome.
Should you have a refractory stone or a proper oven made of refractory stone (fueled with wood)(that I do have) then you can put the pizza directly on he stone with no oil or paper.

P.S. with "little oil" I mean half spoon of oil for an entire oven tray. 5mL I'd say. Add too much oil and you'll get a "fried" pizza, which instead is typical from Pisa. Still good, but too fat. Oh, EVO, of course. No other oil is acceptable.

I disagree, if you cook it in an electric oven you can't get the necessary heat shock to make it "grow" and the pizza will result too dry, so with a little oil (that you can spread into a thin layer with a brush) you get a crunchy bottom.
The pizza I posted a picture of yesterday does have a crunchy crust and bottom, more so than I'd like.
Baked at 225C, in an over tray with a sheet of paper under the pizza like I always do.

I don't like thin and super crunchy crusts; soft and thicker is better.

I like the traditional Italian style pizzas but there are so many possibilities once you branch out that can be delicious in their own right. Here’s a pie I made mushrooms, onions, sausage, pepperoni & an absurd amount of cheese in my cast iron pan:
FC844BA8-0280-4C78-A581-DB74B9F3B2F9.jpeg

Pizza is a very traditional Easter dish, right?

At least mine has yellow (an Easter colour) in the form of both cheese and pineapple. Also, more graham flour and oats than white flour, so it's healthier. :p

Could've tried making mämmipizza if I'd thought to check how much more complicated it is than "normal" pizza. I don't think there is too much of a difference, but it's been years since I had some so I don't remember 100%.

patiently waits for the delicious, cheesy goodness of a pizza to be ready
pizzaemote.png

Pizza is a very traditional Easter dish, right?

At least mine has yellow (an Easter colour) in the form of both cheese and pineapple. Also, more graham flour and oats than white flour, so it's healthier. :p

Could've tried making mämmipizza if I'd thought to check how much more complicated it is than "normal" pizza. I don't think there is too much of a difference, but it's been years since I had some so I don't remember 100%.

patiently waits for the delicious, cheesy goodness of a pizza to be ready
View attachment 11036591
Man I love some pineapples in my pizza, happy Easter!

Man I love some pineapples in my pizza, happy Easter!
Always good to see fellow pro-pineapple people. :cool:
Happy Easter to you too, with or without pizza.

Chocolate pizza would fit very well... but every one I've seen has looked like a monstrosity and not meant to be food. :p

Always good to see fellow pro-pineapple people. :cool:
Happy Easter to you too, with or without pizza.

Chocolate pizza would fit very well... but every one I've seen has looked like a monstrosity and not meant to be food. :p
Never tried that, not heard of it, but I still would pass on it. I like my chololate separate of anything, and preferably cold and hard.

A few times I've seen and ordered Caesar pizza - icebergs, cherry tomatoes, some chicken and sauce, you get the idea. Thought it's gonna be mediocre at first, but the fresh tomatoes really do add something to that taste!

Top Bottom