A big thank you to CDPR for Equine Phantoms, it changed my relationship with Roach

+
A big thank you to CDPR for Equine Phantoms, it changed my relationship with Roach

I was mostly indifferent about Roach initially. I mean, I liked her, and TW3 is actually the first game in which I use the mount a lot instead of either just walking on foot or fast traveling. But there was no really strong emotional bond.

Now, after Equine Phantoms, I keep catching myself parking her in nice spots with food trays and other horses for nice company, instead of leaving her in monster infested forests next to the ghoul nests. And I keep catching myself checking if she's alright as I walk past, and that's not just to control if she shaved off her mane or tail, I mean. And I keep catching myself smiling happily when I see her happily munch down some hay.

Really fond of her by now, :)
even though she has shown some antics about really realistic physics and movement that I previously only knew from old youtube videos. I loved it when she was racing Scorpion and Eskel on her hind legs and all that...

Big kudos and thank you for this. :)

Wishing now that I could give her apples or something. ;)

I never thought they would "waifu" Roach, but they did, the absolute madmen, but the quest was awesome, made me shed a tear at the end of it, only CDPR make you laugh then cry at the end.

Also having a radio personality voice Roach in Polish version must have been pretty hilarious for polish players.

I found that I no longer grumbled to myself when she didn't quite reach me after I called her. Instead, I just walk to her. After all, why should she always be the one who has to come when beckoned? I also appreciate it more when she manages to find me on some obscure island.

Definitely the best waifu relationship in the game.

yes, that quest changed my relationship with her too, after s many hours i had little patience, everytime i call her, she apearas away from geralt, but after she said she has to be always there for geralt, he needs her, and it is indeed so! she is always there for geralt, and i let her chose the dialog option in the quest

Nice to see that the quest had an effect on others, too. :)

I'd really like an animation to pet her on the nose or such things. Really, really fond of her. :)

Yeah, after that quest my Geralt can't accept the horse of Emhyr anymore... Because Roache is no longer exchangeable!!! :thumbsup:

Just finished that quest and understand what you guys mean - I guess I'll view Roach differently from now on as well though I've always been fond of her and missed her in the previous games. But that quest was something else. My Geralt let Roach decide what to do with the phantom. And I just loved the expression on his face when he realised that the potion was wearing off and that he couldn't understand her any longer - he looked so sad but at the same time I had the impression that he valued her even more after that little adventure. Loved it :)

Sorry for the thread necro, mods, but I just did this quest. Even though it's my second game, I just enjoyed it so much, much more than I recall from my first game. The animations and the words just conveyed what Geralt must have been thinking. This has become one of my favorite quests in the entire game. And the Kaer Morhen theme that played at the quest conclusion - perfect and poignant!

PS: did you know you could talk to the other animals around, whilst under the effects of the potion? :D

Top Bottom