A Dash of Information about The Witcher 2

+
Brag said:
Brag said:
The new trailer is AWESOME!!!!! Yay for the scabbards :beer: But there is any chance to get the old 'gray' Geralt back? The one from the leaked trailer, the new one looks a bit like a JRPG charcater :-[ :-[ :-[ Proof: http://pics.livejournal.com/arkray/pic/0057yxy5.jpg
JRPG character?... Having played some JRPG titles I have to say Geralt looks nothing like those spiky haired, feminine guys you see in JRPGs...
I said a 'bit', or lets say it using other words: a bit too 'colorful'. :wave:

It seems for me too that Geralt in the 1. part had more masculine face. Now looks more like hollywood hero type. Could you guys consider some patch to the game that could bring the old look to our favourite witcher, just for more oldschool gamers :) Besides that the trailer is awesome ::)

arkray said:
arkray said:
arkray said:
The new trailer is AWESOME!!!!! Yay for the scabbards :beer: But there is any chance to get the old 'gray' Geralt back? The one from the leaked trailer, the new one looks a bit like a JRPG charcater :-[ :-[ :-[ Proof: http://pics.livejournal.com/arkray/pic/0057yxy5.jpg
JRPG character?... Having played some JRPG titles I have to say Geralt looks nothing like those spiky haired, feminine guys you see in JRPGs...
I said a 'bit', or lets say it using other words: a bit too 'colorful'. :wave:
I guess it comes down to preference. I personally like the new look more, plus he seems to actually be able to make some expressions now instead of the stiff face he had in the first one :p

He is supposed to have a stiff face!!!I don't mind the new look but there is something wrong with his lips...

Very nice trailer, i can't wait to see more ;) must buy for me.But as someone mention before I like to have an ingame option to change Geralt's face to the Witcher 1 look.Now he looks more like hollywood hero, and he looks kinda younger, I think old Geralt was more charismatic and bad ass.Sry for my english guys, I am from Slovakia :).

MichiGen1200 said:
Very nice trailer, i can't wait to see more ;) must buy for me.But as someone mention before I like to have an ingame option to change Geralt's face to the Witcher 1 look.Now he looks more like hollywood hero, and he looks kinda younger, I think old Geralt was more charismatic and bad ass.Sry for my english guys, I am from Slovakia :).
I second ALL that written above, I also have the feeling that Geralt looks younger now.

Yeah i do agree, Geralt seems to have a more Young boy hollywood appeal kind of face now...so clean and cute. NOT COOL! (at least not as cool as Witcher 1). I was hoping if there were any changes, were that he was more Masculine and rugged, more washed and weather beaten. Rather than more "boyish".

onkl said:
Wow the trailer looks amazing!http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-official-the-witcher/63501
What have you done to Geralt????????? he isn't Geralt, he's a stupid guy with fishes eyes...First Geralt is 10000000000 times better :mad:i'm waiting so much this game, and you ruined the main character...thank you :(

arkray said:
please, please change him ! we want back old geralt...

Miss his face from the first game to be honest. It had sharper, wolflike features, it really, really fit and i find it closest to the novels. Can't really see the cause of this change.And the world seems a lot more... cliched. Though that's a lot to deduct from a 2 minute video. Probably it's just paranoia, because The Witcher is what i regard as the perfect roleplaying game. It perfectly bended the format of the action rpg to represent the experience of being a witcher and utilised the source material in a very respectful and spectacular way. It had, like in the books, characters who had a distinct feel of being human beings, and not "that stealthy, assassin guy". I really hope the second game won't disappoint me.

Take no offense but ... People who "cry" about the "new" Geralt :You looks like old dumbass Diablo-players : "Too much colours, that's not the real prequel of the game !".Geralt, in the first game, was coming back from the dead since ... some day ago, 2 weeks maximum, it's not a thing that you take really easy. And, so, we don't have seen him in action, kicking bad guys ass, so let's wait before crying.And the new antagonist (the Elve) look badass like hell, so what ask more (other than "moar foltest cause he rox like hell") ? Sorry for the english, from Belgium.

A dash of my opinion...- The new Geralt looks younger (maybe Benjamin Button style?) and his eyes look hidden from what I saw. Don't capture me that much.- Love the effects from spells and charms, but the blood looked like Final Fantasy style to me... pretty squirtish if you ask me.- Hopefully music will be presented more ominously than this as this is to thrill the advert only.- As for scabbards, Hopefully they look realistic because this reminds me too much of Final fantasy style stuff with huge swords & all.Personally,I loved the new Geralt apart from some minor details our talented modders'll greedily jump on.Overall, I think CDPR did a marvelous job at creating something special here. 'Gratz :beer:

56236 said:
... [glow=white,2,300]our talented modders[/glow]'ll greedily jump on.Overall, I think CDPR did a marvelous job at creating something special here. 'Gratz :beer:
signed

Looking forward to game and cant wait personaly to comme out.Its nice to see some new lightning effects on new engine.But i agree with posters above, why the hell did you have to change Geralt face, old Geralt did look much more cool and bad ass, this one looks like just one more model of Legolas.Wish there would be option to chosse for us between old look and this new one for us who liked old Geralt more.

I want the old Geralt, please, this is less carismatic, oh my god... Come on guys, my fear for this sequel growing up, after the goodbye from the most important people for the first The Witcher, lead writer in primis. So, hair is ok, but the face, you must be serious guys... That face must be clean up NOW. This is a sequel, Geralt must have the same face of the first game..

My advice for Geralt's appearance :- Smaller eyes- Brighter older skin- Hair are OKFor me he looks here absolutely awesome
Compare it with thishttp://pics.livejournal.com/arkray/pic/0057yxy5.jpg

Sorry guys ... But have we seen the same trailer ?You whine about the "gray skin of geralt" ...
Where is the gray skin in this screenshot ? =/With objectivity, I find the "new" Geralt more mature, with more expression than the Ice Man who has only one facial expression Keanu Reeves-like in the first game.And check this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj9pT2FKzgMYou really find that Geralt is less bad ass in the 5 first seconds ? Really ? Are you really serious ?[edit]Michi, taking "art" and compare theim to screen shot aren't really pertinent... Compare screen with other screenshot, plz.

SalemPulsifer said:
And check this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj9pT2FKzgMYou really find that Geralt is less bad ass in the 5 first seconds ? Really ? Are you really serious ?[edit]Michi, taking "art" and compare theim to screen shot aren't really pertinent... Compare screen with other screenshot, plz.
That's from the Alpha Version, that's Geralt's OLD FACE with just new hair style, I personnaly like it much more than the new look from the debut trailer.

The point that I want to prove is that Geralt is not Badass cause he looks like badass.No, Geralt is badass cause he kill, act, speak like a badass man who laugh at destiny's face! [edit]Being fair : I am not really a fan of Geralt in the first game. I am fan of the game, fan of the choice in the game, fan of the universe who look dirty, etc.I prefer quote than face, so Foltest have my award with his "I rule a land of idiots ...".

Top Bottom