A Dash of Information about The Witcher 2

+
Just watched the trailer..... AWESOME! ;DThe only complaints I have are that like some others, I think Geralt's new look is too soft and feminine. He looked much better in the original.Also, the blood was definitely over done.. Other than these two nitpicks, the trailer was great! Looks like the big bald guy was a Witcher himself! :eek:

MichiGen1200 said:
My advice for Geralt's appearance :- Smaller eyes- Brighter older skin- Hair are OKFor me he looks here absolutely awesome
Compare it with thishttp://pics.livejournal.com/arkray/pic/0057yxy5.jpg
I agree, he dose seem to 'human', which is a bad thing. But there is still time, Risen had the same problem but PB listend and they fixed it.

SalemPulsifer said:
I don't think so.He don't look like having the "Witcher"'s Eyes.
Well, the new Geralt doesn't look like he has those Witcher's eyes either.. If the big bald guy wasn't a Witcher though (or ex-Witcher), then he's probably a "mutant" of some kind.

Another Dash of information stolen from another thread since y'all keep insisting on this one...
TomOhle said:
Hey hey :) Glad you've found the forum hehe. We're aiming for release in Q1 2011, and more info should be out later today!
The forum for this, of course, is the new The Witcher 2 Discussion Forum (English anyways) set up for all discussion on this.If it helped, glad to be of service.

Q1 2011!!!!NOOOO!!!!!"more info should be out later today"Thank god!!Also, mod's should move this thread.

Well, Pan Karol said that release date is to be revealed on the official conference (it's in about 47 hours).Personally, this one seems strange to me. Very few AAA titles are released in Q1. Q4 is much better...

PrinceofNothing said:
Well, the new Geralt doesn't look like he has those Witcher's eyes either.. If the big bald guy wasn't a Witcher though (or ex-Witcher), then he's probably a "mutant" of some kind.
On the 1 minute 27 seconds of the trailer, you can see that he has the yellow-golden eyes of the witcher (see too in the ending of The first game).So we can think that the eyes are a effect of mutation.

The trailer is awesome, I really can't wait to play this sequel, but...
ghiltanas said:
What have you done to Geralt????????? [size=12pt]he isn't Geralt, he's a stupid guy with fishes eyes[/size]...First Geralt is 10000000000 times better :mad:i'm waiting so much this game, and you ruined the main character...thank you :(
ghiltanas said:
I want the old Geralt, please, this is less carismatic, oh my god... Come on guys, my fear for this sequel growing up, after the goodbye from the most important people for the first The Witcher, lead writer in primis. So, hair is ok, but the face, you must be serious guys... That face must be clean up NOW. This is a sequel, Geralt must have the same face of the first game..
There is really something in his face, something in his eyes... :-\He really doesn't seem the Geralt from the first game..

The video looks great but I have to agree with the new look Geralt, please bring back the old TW1 look.

Finally... I liked most of what I saw, but there wasn't much besides a few hints about the new plot. Also too many advertisement lines for my liking.Did I mention I liked most of what I saw? What I didn't like was Geralt's new face and voice. Call me shallow, but I think such features are important in an RPG game with a well-defined protagonist. He looked and sounded younger and had lost his vaguely wolflike features from the original game. If CDProjekt plans on keeping this appearance, I hope someone makes a mod to restore his old face before long, like the various Dragon Age mods that gave Leliana and Sten their much better facial designs from the CGI trailer.

Amazing video, but I have to agree about Geralt's new look. He really does have a 'fishy' quality to him. His mouth is a lot bigger. No, it's the lips. Fish lips. And the eyes... the pupils are aren't slit pupils anymore, instead they look as cartoonish as a Sims3 sim (isn't that something to cringe about?). His nose seems to have underwent surgery, too. The whole nose is broader, kind of lumpy, and the nostrils are narrower. That's a pity, because it lost it's classy look. And I do have a thing for a pair of elegant nostrils. It's as if all of his features lost some of their uniqueness to make him easier on the eyes. Is a more generic hero supposed to make better sales?Plus, in the alpha trailer he has a gorgeously sculpted body in a form fitting armor, whereas in the new trailer his body is kind of evened out and buried under bulky armor. Maybe I'm wrong, it's not much to go on yet. You do realize by now that The Witcher isn't a 'boys only' game but that it has a considerable female fanbase, right? And we really like to be considered and catered to with some eye candy at the very least. :DAnd about the voice, is it Doug C0ckle? I think so, but I can't be sure with only those few words he speaks at the end. I hope he'll be Geralt again, I love his voice to bits.The graphics, is it cel shading? Would explain the "colorful" look. Not that I'm against that. I think you can definitely make a dark atmosphere even with colors. ;)And Triss is hot! 8)I can't believe we have to wait another whole year for this!! :eek:Well, on the other hand there'll be enough time to listen to the fanbase (hinthint) and maybe rethink and remodel certain things... :whistle:~*~
sanok16 said:
But there is still time, Risen had the same problem but PB listend and they fixed it.
What did they fix? I had the impression, a lot (most) of this game needed some fixing, but what was even worse before release? :whatthe:

Don't give a damn about the guy's face, just psyched that we have a launch time to look forward to and I can't actually wait. Seems like the english translation of Times of Contempt may be out around the same time... Coincidence? ;)

Cool video, lots of neat stuff to look forward to!Usually my stance is, "The people at CDPR know what they're doing; trust them" or "Hey, just because it's different doesn't mean it's worse" or "Well-loved characters do have to change and grow and evolve over time."But not this time. I agree with the majority here; I don't like Geralt's new face.The face we're all used to in-game is this one:
and much as I've enjoyed that face, I think CDPR can do better than this face now. Technology has evolved, and this face is a little wooden, even a little cartoony for a 2011 game.This is the face from the leaked trailer:
I like that one; I think it's pretty good.This is the face from the official trailer:
It's a lot more realistic and alive than the in-game face from the 2007 game, and that's great. But it doesn't look like Geralt. The shape of his face has changed, along with the shape of his nose, the size of his lips, and other things -- it looks like some other guy. And CDPR, your fans mostly don't want to play some other guy; we want to play Geralt.And why is his hair grey, rather than white? If we didn't know that TW2 was a sequel, I'd think the new look was for a younger Geralt ... but we know that TW2 picks up from where TW1 left off. The face from the intro and outro of TW1 is a face that I didn't expect to see in the game, since in-game visuals can't -- or couldn't -- live up to what was in the cinematics. But you've progressed so far that you can now make an in-game face that looks like the face that Geralt had only in the intro and outro in the first game. I'd settle for the face from the leaked video. But THIS is the face I really want to see:

Top Bottom