[ACT I] Where can I find vermillon?

+
[ACT I] Where can I find vermillon?

I want to make some Ciefrid oil so I've been looking for anything which contains vermillon. And I recall that the glossary states that vermillon can be found in plants, herbs, monster parts, etc. This is what I've been doing: a) Yes, I went everywhere and looked at all the various plants and no plant parts which contain vermillon so far. b) As far as I know, I've encountered drowners, ghouls, echnoids(spelling? They were the giant trees I'd to slay for Ordo) and barghests. Yet I've been unable to find any monster part which contains vermillon. c) I've also talked to anyone who sells herbs and parts like Abigail, the herbalist in the Vidzima outpost, etc. But I haven't found anything which contains vermillon yet. So, any suggestions on where to look at or who to buy from? :/ And oops? I might have posted in the wrong forum? Sorry, mods. :)

PetraSilie said:
I don't think Vermilion is in Act 1 already available o_O Vermilion I doubt that you will need in Act 1 such a strong oil any ;)way
Aww... crud, I went ahead and used the Ciefried oil but oh well... maybe in Act 2, eh...At least I learnt how to use an oil. :) Thank you! :)Btw, do plants regrow or should I only pick them sparingly?

Plants do regrow fast, sometimes even when you enter and exit a building. In the worst case, they'll regrow the next day. You can't find vermillion in any of the natural ingredients, but check with Abigail. She sells some phosphorus, which I'm sure contains vermillion.

Planewalker said:
Plants do regrow fast, sometimes even when you enter and exit a building. In the worst case, they'll regrow the next day. You can't find vermillion in any of the natural ingredients, but check with Abigail. She sells some phosphorus, which I'm sure contains vermillion.
Oh all right, thank you so much. :) And one final question: can quests from Chapter 1 be carried over into Chapter 2? No, right?

It is very advisable to complete your chapter one quests before chapter 2. there might be a quest or two that carrys, but for the most part, there are consequences if you don't complete them.

Starwolf said:
It is very advisable to complete your chapter one quests before chapter 2. there might be a quest or two that carrys, but for the most part, there are consequences if you don't complete them.
Bleah... I knew it. So, I gotta reload from an earlier savegame. Oh well. :) And thank you for your help. :)

Mostly all side- und contract quests you should finish in each chapter. There are only a very few exceptions when you finish them in the next chapter. If the questlog tells you "I should get my reward" it's a reliable hint this quest is almost closed in the current chapter.

PetraSilie said:
Mostly all side- und contract quests you should finish in each chapter. There are only a very few exceptions when you finish them in the next chapter. If the questlog tells you "I should get my reward" it's a reliable hint this quest is almost closed in the current chapter.
Yep like the "hot potato" quest you mean?

PetraSilie said:
exactly... I didn't want to mention titles to avoid spoilers ;D
Thank you. Mehz, I hope later patches will let the game hint better at which quests are able to be finished in the second chapter and which can't be.

Starwolf said:
My first run through I followed the Salamandra quest to the confrontation and it appeared like it would be difficult to go back and complete some of the side quests for one reason, the Inn was now cleared out. I don't know if it gets repopulated later. So my recommendation would be to do all side quests before taking the main quests ( Salamandra, Of Men & Monsters) to their conclusion.As far as Vermillion, I believe Abigail has a couple to sell but again, after the previously mentioned quest is finished, she leaves too. Is she around in the next chapter?Thanks!

Hi to everyone!you will find her later it depends what you decide to do with her at the end of act2. But I don't want to tell other spoilers or you won't have any fun in playing.enjoy

You can do everything you want... harvest plants, kill monsters, buy ingredients, play dice... as long as you don't get from the Referend the misson to got to the inn because the Salamandras assualted the peasants... because Odo's house is on the right track to the inn I wanted to play for the last time dice with him, but he wasn't there anymore :-[All NPCs are gone then and if you enter the inn it's almost too late anyway ;D

Top Bottom