[ACT II] Several story questions

+
[ACT II] Several story questions

So im cruising along in the game for the 1st time, just have a couple of questions if anyone can help.1. Whats the point of getting the sex cards? well besides the obvious lol2. Other then a steel and a silver witcher sword whats the use of the other weapon slots, except for maybe a torch?3. Do u get better weapons? Everything ive found, which has decent stats, says it doesnt work with witcher fighting?4. In the swamp, Doing the monoliths, i have 2 left to do....but i dont have the little square thingy to put in them...where do i get them?Thanks for any help.

4: Have you taken care of the golem, yet? Have you told Raymond to meet you at the tower?3. Yes, there are better weapons, you'll get them if you do the right quests.2. well, none, really, except a handy place to hold a sword or axe to sell if you need money---although, you can also keep your favorite "inferior" steel sword and try out a "better" sword, if you'd like.1. a: to see if you can find them all, b: just plain fun, really... doesn't affect the game either way if you miss some (with the exception of two specific cards)

1. Whats the point of getting the sex cards? well besides the obvious lol
Nothing. It's just something to appeal to teenage boys.
2. Other then a steel and a silver witcher sword whats the use of the other weapon slots, except for maybe a torch?
No use, other than as a place to carry something you are going to sell later. You get an extra finishing move if you have a dagger, though.
3. Do u get better weapons? Everything ive found, which has decent stats, says it doesnt work with witcher fighting?
You can upgrade your basic sword with runes for the silver sword, and meteorite for the steel sword. There are also several named swords you have a chance of obtaining throughout the game.
4. In the swamp, Doing the monoliths, i have 2 left to do....but i dont have the little square thingy to put in them...where do i get them?
Which ones do you have already?

Strakyn said:
So im cruising along in the game for the 1st time, just have a couple of questions if anyone can help.2. Other then a steel and a silver witcher sword whats the use of the other weapon slots, except for maybe a torch?3. Do u get better weapons? Everything ive found, which has decent stats, says it doesnt work with witcher fightingThanks for any help.
Which swords are you using in act II? A very nice steel sword can be obtained early in act II !

well... i'm about as far from a teenage boy as you can get, and i really liked collecting the cards :peace:

Well, it is interesting to see some of the characters portrayed in artwork. :)
Which swords are you using in act II? A very nice steel sword can be obtained early in act II !
If you play your cards right, you can obtain a tripple red meteorite sword by the end of Act 1.

Ok to answer a few questions.Sephirots i think is the name of the 2 square things im missing for the monoliths.....1 is at the clay golem, im just not sure where or what i do with the golems?i havent told raymond to meet me at the tower no.And the weapons i have are the witchers steel sword, the witchers silver sword and a sword of the order

Strakyn said:
Ok to answer a few questions.Sephirots i think is the name of the 2 square things im missing for the monoliths.....1 is at the clay golem, im just not sure where or what i do with the golems?i havent told raymond to meet me at the tower no.And the weapons i have are the witchers steel sword, the witchers silver sword and a sword of the order
finish all the other questsif you have already collected and inserted the other runes, you must have recieved full information from Kalkstein and Vaska. read all, what they have given you. then try talking to kalkstein. he should come up with a solution for the golem. as for the last rune, you need to push forward with the investigation quests in vyzime. you will recieve the last one at investigation`s endtry some better swords. 3 red ore sword or harvall are available so far in the 2nd act

Ok, for those that like to be spoiled (like me), here's the list of the 10 Sephiroths:
1.Chocc'mah - Kalkstein2.Maal'kad - on the body of the C0ckatrice3,4 and 5 - Veen'ah, Ghe'Vrah and Oth - altar of Melitele in swamps or in the Lebioda Hospital6.Kezath - Vaska7.Tipperath - Leuvaarden8.Y'esath - Vrana's tomb cave in the Swamp9.Keth'aar - Raymond10. Neh'tza - Golem in the Swamp
Hope this helps.

Seems you didn't conquer the Harvall sword. You find it in the very north of the swamp. The place is called Wyvern island. As the name suggests you have to kill several Wyverns before you can just loot the sword. use Ornithosaurs Oil and take one by one of the Wyverns.GL ;)

YENK0 said:
Yeah, it "can" be obtained. Too bad about the herd of overgrown turkeys with a taste for albino meat!

Barleyman said:
Barleyman said:
Yeah, it "can" be obtained. Too bad about the herd of overgrown turkeys with a taste for albino meat!
I hear you. But, after I reloaded a couple times the area, I never had the problem with the Wyverns swamping me. With just a LITTLE patience I am always able to separate them and kill one-by-one. Even tried with leading some drowners toward their lair. Can be a hilarious battle, sometimes :) ANd, nearby is a Place of Power, which is supposedly placed right there with the purpose of making Aard stun the Wyverns :) Just pay attention to your aggro-radius and all is very simple.

One by one is a successful strategy when you are a young witcher who encounters Wyvern the first time in the swamp and... ornithosaur oil is your blade's best friend ;)

PetraSilie said:
One by one is a successful strategy when you are a young witcher who encounters Wyvern the first time in the swamp and... ornithosaur oil is your blade's best friend ;)
Yes, alchemy rocks. A quick half-off-topic question: are there stray dogs @ night in the other parts of Vizima too, other than Temple quarter? Kinda getting used to slay dogs (and bandits/thugs) at night, you see :DDog tallow is a good base for oils :peace:

You are a dog slayer? ;D Some months ago there was a long discussion about kiliing innocent dogs in the streets.I think I saw dogs in the brickmaker's settlement but I don't know if you can kill them... for alchemy purposes of course ;D

I am not a dog-hater :DThis is nothing personal, just business :angel:In fact, I would prefer to extract 'Thug tallow' instead:teeth:I assure you, no pixels have been harmed ;DNo dogs in the Trade quarter. Lots of kikimores and Salamandra goons with their stupid broches.I guess, the poor dogs prefer the 'slums' instead of the upscale quarters.

The dog slayer discussion arose from the "Dogcatcher of Vizima" quest. My Geralt killed the dogs cos he needs the money. But he leaves them alone when he meets them occasionally.I didn't mean the trade quarter but the brickmakers in the swamp, they are in the small village where you find mrs. "The waterlords are nigh!" aka Vaska.

PetraSilie said:
The dog slayer discussion arose from the "Dogcatcher of Vizima" quest. My Geralt killed the dogs cos he needs the money. But he leaves them alone when he meets them occasionally.I didn't mean the trade quarter but the brickmakers in the swamp, they are in the small village where you find mrs. "The waterlords are nigh!" aka Vaska.
It is now clear to me: only the dogs in the Temple quarter 'drop' the dog tallow. Oh well, seems the rest of the dogs are lucky then :)Btw, in RL I am a Postman, so you won't hear me defending dogs. Don't hate them, don't love them either.I hate their owners instead. Got my scars to prove that :) Got bitten on the knee the 31st of December once -> no Happy New Year for me that year. On another occasion, got bitten on the saturday Easter eve, you can imagine my joy: another family holiday down the gutter :DAh what, yes I enjoy blasting the buggers in the Temple quarter :teeth: God bless you, RED team! :peace:

Top Bottom