Adam Badowski's Twitter Response (Missing Features..)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would ask differently - What features are actually cut from game that would make game better??? because so far, everybody mentions features that just dont really make sense to be in the game in the first place, or just create a ton of other issues and therefore its quite understandable why they were cut off... so which features are we talking about???

These kinds of discussions are just so sad at this point. CDPR isn't going to listen, ever, because the vast majority of people are happy with the game. It would take refunds on a massive scale in order to break their delusion.
Delusion is the right word.

They really think they actually delivered a 9/10 game on PC? Gameplay as it stands feels at least like a 10+ years old game, a good one maybe but a very limited one, like the very first Assassin's Creed games (which I don't really like, played the first two though, and at the time, for the time, they where OK...), but even way back then we had things like EoS MW just an example (and many others).

Do they really believe they actually delivered the next Witcher 3, honestly?

While CDPR management's position resembles this:

(Work in progress. May not resemble the final position of management)

We are all wasting our time.

Last edited:
I would ask differently - What features are actually cut from game that would make game better??? because so far, everybody mentions features that just dont really make sense to be in the game in the first place, or just create a ton of other issues and therefore its quite understandable why they were cut off... so which features are we talking about???
None. You're absolutely right. You single-handedly refuted every detailed analysis of missing features that would have improved the game in meanginful ways, which are incidentally too extensive to be reproduced in this comment thread for your specific convenience. The game is perfect as-is, GOTY, 10/10.

At least five times the amount of good side quests with a dozen or more very long branching side quests, main quest feels like a good side quest in any other good RPG. Quest hubs to explore with activities to do. Lore and information given via actual dialogue with important NPCs, more intrecative good NPCs to talk to too with new dialogue from time to time, reasons to actually explore the city and visit important locations (bars, restaurants, quest hubs) trough out the game again and again, etc., you know, like ab actually good RPG.
Post automatically merged:

None. You're absolutely right. You single-handedly refuted every detailed analysis of missing features that would have improved the game in meanginful ways, which are incidentally too extensive to be reproduced in this comment thread for your specific convenience. The game is perfect as-is, GOTY, 10/10.
Or this. Exactly : )

Well for instance, the traffic hasn't even the basic ability like changing lanes when facing an obstacle and the pedestrians are dumber than a rock.

Attachments

• 1610912915094.jpg
    1610912915094.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 74

Lots of things is being claimed, and nobody actually thinks things through.. i give you one example - NANOWIRE hacking - cut from game.. BECAUSE - you can hack people REMOTELY anyway... so whats the point in connecting the wire to the victim???

Many such "features" were introduced in demo, because overall design changes and certain things become irrelevant.. like this Nanowire hacking...

Yet its easier to jump on a hate bandwagon these days, than actually think why things were removed in the first place...

Lots of things is being claimed, and nobody actually thinks things through.. i give you one example - NANOWIRE hacking - cut from game.. BECAUSE - you can hack people REMOTELY anyway... so whats the point in connecting the wire to the victim???

Many such "features" were introduced in demo, because overall design changes and certain things become irrelevant.. like this Nanowire hacking...

Yet its easier to jump on a hate bandwagon these days, than actually think why things were removed in the first place...
Which is worse. Nanowire hacking would be better, more immersive and in tone with source material and help balance the game. Almost every single change from what is described by the narrator in the demo to what we got in the final product was a clear downgrade.

Delusion is the right word.

They really think they actually delivered a 9/10 game on PC? Gameplay as it stands feels at least like a 10+ years old game, a good one maybe but a very limited one, like the very first Assassin's Creed games (which I don't really like, played the first two though, and at the time, for the time, they where OK...), but even way back then we had things like EoS MW just an example (and many others).

Do they really believe they actually delivered the next Witcher 3, honestly?
Apparently they do.

The delusion started with the Witcher 3. In a way, that game is the root of all the problems with Cyberpunk. That was the game that made CDPR think they were good at creating open worlds (they weren't) and led them to believe they could take on a project of even more ambitious scope without the proper expertise or groundwork in place.

Guest 3847602

At least five times the amount of good side quests with a dozen or more very long branching side quests, main quest feels like a good side quest in any other good RPG. Quest hubs to explore with activities to do. Lore and information given via actual dialogue with important NPCs, more intrecative good NPCs to talk to too with new dialogue from time to time, reasons to actually explore the city and visit important locations (bars, restaurants, quest hubs) trough out the game again and again, etc., you know, like ab actually good RPG.
Can you recommend to me a few of those "actually good RPGs" with all of these features you just listed?

Apparently they do.

The delusion started with the Witcher 3. In a way, that game is the root of all the problems with Cyberpunk. That was the game that made CDPR think they were good at creating open worlds (they weren't) and led them to believe they could take on a project of even more ambitious scope without the proper expertise or groundwork in place.
BUT with even less content and choices and interesting side quests than Witcher3 at launch, but with even more bugs and performance problems: )

Your argument falls apart when you realize they removed features that have been reliable staples of the RPG genre for decades, because they form the literal core of the roleplay experience.

agreed
but they are checked anyway... they just didnt fulfill everybodys expectations...
happens when imaginations runs wild
but honestly
Night City is the best thing i did see in a long time...
also some of the animations are realy good (motioncapture) and the faces look realy good
and when you are in the inner city parts and there are like 200 npcs running around its realy impressive
GTA V has like 2-5 npcs every few 100m
also the vocalisations... Rockstar Games are all only available in english...
CDPR games in what.. 7 or even more languages?
German vocalisation took ~1year make... they even did fly someone in from Japan to do the voice of Goro Takemura.. its realy impressive.. 93k takes, movies need like 14k takes
There is nothing special about watching 200 braindead NPC's cluttering my field of view. All they can do is crouch if i pull my gun out, or disappear if i turn around. Most of the time they have 5 siblings walking next to them, wich also kills some of the point about flooding the map with them. Its just empty filler. I'd much rather see 10-20npc's, where they ahve some sort of purpose and actualy respond/react to you as a player or the events that are unfolding.
And honestly, im happy for you being content with the game as is. It's just a tad bothersome, when you have to go all out trying to "debunk" those of us that expect, a certain standard for a game. That claims to be a NEXT GEN ACTION RPG mind you.

[/QUOTE]
sorry but you have pretty low standarts if you consider th
agreed
but they are checked anyway... they just didnt fulfill everybodys expectations...
happens when imaginations runs wild
but honestly
Night City is the best thing i did see in a long time...
also some of the animations are realy good (motioncapture) and the faces look realy good
and when you are in the inner city parts and there are like 200 npcs running around its realy impressive
GTA V has like 2-5 npcs every few 100m
also the vocalisations... Rockstar Games are all only available in english...
CDPR games in what.. 7 or even more languages?
German vocalisation took ~1year make... they even did fly someone in from Japan to do the voice of Goro Takemura.. its realy impressive.. 93k takes, movies need like 14k takes
I would take 2-5 pedestrians with day/night cycle over 200 brain deadly walking around and despawning every time you turn a camera any time ... quality over quantity dude

I am sorry but you have pretty low standard if you think this is a 10/10 game. I am gaming for more then 20 years and this is an average game at most It also have average reviews from the players 7/10 is pretty average in my opinion. (Valhalla has 7.6/10 and would you say its and exceptional game? )

The biggest problem there is that a 10/10 game is what was advertised, the said it would be a new standard for an open world games, as polished as RDR2 and other similar statements which are just not true.

In the end I see this game as another average open world Ubisoft kind of game only with better story, but with even worse "open world" and immersion elements that Ubi games have. Is Cyberpunk fun ? Sure but it is a 10/10 game? Absolutely not, its just another yeah good enough game which came out maybe 50 or more in past 2-3 years, and thats why I am so dissapointed, because it had so much potential and its just wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom