Addressing the no XP Glitch

+
I personally have held back from playing the game due to this XP glitch. I'm one whom likes to do all quests (regardless of level) to experience all there is (story wise) and I have a ton of quests in my log I'd like to do first that are greyed out before proceeding with the main storyline. I found this out on my own when I stopped getting 20-25XP per quest completion after patch 1.04. What's frustrating is something like this was noticed over 7 days ago and really should have its own hotfix by now considering 1.04 broke it.

Instead of providing shitty DLC with useless equipment that works only for changing appearance of character instead and never could be used during the playing due to low stats, developers better do something with exp glitch. Instead of that people from nexus created solution and posted it, but only for PC users.

So basically, console owners better to forget that shitty full of glitches game for couple months, instead of being "free bug testers" for that company. Moreover, community manager who ignores English speaking community and lies day after day shows "real face" of that "great company".

I personally have held back from playing the game due to this XP glitch.

I wish I had done the same.

I realized that something was wrong with the XP I was getting and googled it. Found the thread on the forum with Marcin post. Believed on what he said (thinking it was a small difference in XP) and kept playing. That was a HUGE mistake. I'm playing in the higher difficulty level and the balance of the game is way off now that I'm in Skellige. I regret taking his advice... He should not have posted like that, pretending it was a small thing.

Sorry about my english. Not my main language.

I wish I had done the same.

I realized that something was wrong with the XP I was getting and googled it. Found the thread on the forum with Marcin post. Believed on what he said (thinking it was a small difference in XP) and kept playing. That was a HUGE mistake. I'm playing in the higher difficulty level and the balance of the game is way off now that I'm in Skellige. I regret taking his advice... He should not have posted like that, pretending it was a small thing.

Sorry about my english. Not my main language.

You did fine with your English. I feel bad for everyone who has been affected by the bugs, but more so for players like this. The bugs being bad enough, he took the advice of someone who should have known what they were talking about...but didn't and tried to downplay the issue and misled a customer causing an unenjoyable experience

but this patch 1.04 on the ps4 want to release or do we still lose points exp like nothing happened?!?We could very well release a quick update for this issue and then make a patch heavier for the rest! this is a serious bug! now I do not take more points being exp 4 5 levels higher than recommended .. more even in the quest where the recommended level is equal to I get my xp .. I see some points just by doing quests with red skull which in theory would quest "suicidal" at this point I stopped playing because there are equipment that can be used at levels that with xp I'm losing not overtake ever!

so, still no release date for the patch? has been a WEEK!
no one knows when .. but of the long time they could release a quick update to address this serious problem at least! which makes it unplayable! an RPG without exp and without being able to level at will what kind of RPG is?!?

so, still no release date for the patch? has been a WEEK!

Yep...they claim it will be here next week. Have fun with the upcoming weekend of not playing the Witcher, again! And who knows if it will really come out next week like they've stated. I'm not holding my breath. Just spot on job guys...congrats

Yep...they claim it will be here next week. Have fun with the upcoming weekend of not playing the Witcher, again! And who knows if it will really come out next week like they've stated. I'm not holding my breath. Just spot on job guys...congrats
now I've stopped playing .. who knows how many points exp I lost without even realizing it and then understand that after I do not know how many quests I was stuck at level 16 with the exact same points missing for the next level .. I checked in on video Internet to see if in the quest to others also did not give exp but this only made me angrier seeing how many points I lost in anything! and just because I was 4 5 levels more than expected bha

Ok I have probably spent over a 100 hours doing this on Death March and am up to Skellige. The game is an absolute clusterfuck to which I am considering starting all over again. So can anyone tell me if I restart and try to be really careful with my questing and keep everything within 3 levels I should get all exp as normal. I'm thinking if maybe I just spam square to skip all dialogue it won't be to bad.

The thing I am a bit worried about is the terrible level bracketing. I know at some point on Skellige the recommended level is like 16 then a story quest further along has a lower level requirement. I don't know what they were thinking!

I will uninstall that junk and see the final on youtube. one epic game but this staff fucked the game, bugs appeared two days after launch and nothing yet.

This is getting increasingly annoying. A lot of this has been covered already, but I feel like I need to add to the masses to make the actual scale of the problem a bit more visible.

The game itself, bugs aside, is awesome. An outstanding achievement in many ways, which makes it all the more painful when people are forced to make week long breaks in a downright addictive game such as this.

The vast majority of people do not understand the nature of software development. They are not a seasoned business customer who had a few tailored pieces of software made for them and understands the nature of estimates in the business. These people will be very dissapointed by having an estimate for Monday, then Wednesday, then "we can't really tell".

Things do not look a lot better from the perspective of someone who knows the nature of software development, though. Having this sort of a bug even in the field, for a vital and basic functionality in an RPG game, with such problems to fix and estimate, spells major problems with test coverage and/or the integration process. Having been blown away with the game initially I already preordered the extensions, but I expect improvements in this regard.

Finally, community communication. This part is absolutely abysmal. In a quest-XP centered game, downplaying the bug as "insignificant" is a terrible idea when there are those on the forums who say they have no more quests to do, seeing as they did not get any XP for the ones that were meant for their level and the higher ones are obviously unbalanced for their characters. There is also a question of how many people will run into this bug and not visit the forums, only to find that with, say, 80 hours of gameplay they are now stuck with an underleveled character, have no spare "healthy" saves to revert to, and don't know how many quest rewards they have missed so they will have to "eyeball" the missing XP with a third party mod enabling the debug console. Meanwhile, there is no one clear, readable place with the latest info (a stickied, closed thread with daily updates?), which leaves the forums to descend into pure (and understandable) frustration. And removing older "inconvenient" tweets with estimates... how anybody could have thought that this is not a terrible idea (let alone anyone professionally dealing with internet communities) is absolutely beyond me. All this while joyfully announcing success and new merchandise.

You were the chosen one CD PROJEKT RED. Your policies towards pricing, pre-ordering, DLCs, DRM, platform management are great and worth supporting. They built trust and support in the community. And now you seem to be testing how much easier it is to destroy trust than build it. You are very close to getting a firm answer.

This is getting increasingly annoying. A lot of this has been covered already, but I feel like I need to add to the masses to make the actual scale of the problem a bit more visible.

The game itself, bugs aside, is awesome. An outstanding achievement in many ways, which makes it all the more painful when people are forced to make week long breaks in a downright addictive game such as this.

The vast majority of people do not understand the nature of software development. They are not a seasoned business customer who had a few tailored pieces of software made for them and understands the nature of estimates in the business. These people will be very dissapointed by having an estimate for Monday, then Wednesday, then "we can't really tell".

Things do not look a lot better from the perspective of someone who knows the nature of software development, though. Having this sort of a bug even in the field, for a vital and basic functionality in an RPG game, with such problems to fix and estimate, spells major problems with test coverage and/or the integration process. Having been blown away with the game initially I already preordered the extensions, but I expect improvements in this regard.

Finally, community communication. This part is absolutely abysmal. In a quest-XP centered game, downplaying the bug as "insignificant" is a terrible idea when there are those on the forums who say they have no more quests to do, seeing as they did not get any XP for the ones that were meant for their level and the higher ones are obviously unbalanced for their characters. There is also a question of how many people will run into this bug and not visit the forums, only to find that with, say, 80 hours of gameplay they are now stuck with an underleveled character, have no spare "healthy" saves to revert to, and don't know how many quest rewards they have missed so they will have to "eyeball" the missing XP with a third party mod enabling the debug console. Meanwhile, there is no one clear, readable place with the latest info (a stickied, closed thread with daily updates?), which leaves the forums to descend into pure (and understandable) frustration. And removing older "inconvenient" tweets with estimates... how anybody could have thought that this is not a terrible idea (let alone anyone professionally dealing with internet communities) is absolutely beyond me. All this while joyfully announcing success and new merchandise.

You were the chosen one CD PROJEKT RED. Your policies towards pricing, pre-ordering, DLCs, DRM, platform management are great and worth supporting. They built trust and support in the community. And now you seem to be testing how much easier it is to destroy trust than build it. You are very close to getting a firm answer.

very well put i cant stand a company that releases a game with such a massive game world and puts out patches that break the game and then doesnt bother to fix the most important things in a timely manner...no theyd rather put out a complete patch to fix multiple things at once...a hotfix would have been fine then a patch a week later for the other things...after a few days after the bug would have been fine but its already been over a week and we still have nothing....complete and utter disappointment and frustration considering this is the absolute ONLY game out right now worth playing anyway that i havent finished yet...shame on u CDPR...get it together or you wont have a fan base anymore plain and simple

Last edited:
Well said, sir.
Why has this topic been moved to story, locations and other nice things forum when the patch still has not been announced?

Excellent post and sums my thoughts up perfectly. With regards to bundling the exp fix with a full patch at this stage I honestly think they must have a fix. The thought that they would delay getting this fix out when it is all over the net and many gaming publicity sites doing assume damage to their reputation is absolutely absurd or they must be the dumbest developers ever. This lack of communication and fix to me makes me believe they don't have a fix for it yet which is worrying in itself.

Finally, community communication. This part is absolutely abysmal.

Have to agree with this. I recognise quest bugs are a part of a massive RPG, and I can actually live with that. There's a staggering amount of moving parts that need to be considered, but this XP bug, which was introduced by a patch should have been "drop everything and fix ASAP".

It's simply not good enough to downplay it as a minor bug. Communication needs to be better, yes, b7ut most of all, an ASAP fix is what's needed, not leave your customers hanging.

Don't get me wrong, what you guys at CDPR have done is amazing, and may have set the benchmarks for open world RPGs for the next 5 years, and you do seem to really care about your customers, and get a vicarious joy from people playing your games, but at the moment, you are letting yourselves down badly. Clear and good communication with customers will always alleviate problems you are having down the supply chain. The majority of people will understand, but you have to communicate, and with something like the XP bug, you really do need to push this out as a matter of absolute urgency. People can no longer progress in the game. And I speak as someone with quest bugs that are holding me up.

Top Bottom