Am i the only one who would love a complex weapon and augmentation customizer in Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Am i the only one who would love a complex weapon and augmentation customizer in Cyberpunk 2077?

Like in fallout 4 but... better. I really love Cyberpunk guns and their variations and i think they have
a lot of potential. On the contrary to fallout 4 CP guns are more seamless (different pieces match together):
View attachment 70401
Am i the only one who thinks that it would be a good idea in Cyberpunk 2077?

I hope you understood the idea with my broken english ^^

Attachments

• RIF257.jpg
    RIF257.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 409
Like in fallout 4

You lost me there.

But seriously. There's a character class specified for tinkering and stuff in the PnP (Techie), so it wouldn't be out of place to have some of that stuff in 2077 too. Just.... preferably not going overboard with it (like Fallout 4... or even Witcher 3) by doing a boatload seemingly random stuff for very little individual gain or benefit (just for the sake of being able to do it), and rather have the options to buy (or scavenge where that applies and feels apt) specific parts to do a more specific number of higher impact gadgets and modifications. Something a bit more concise and rewarding.

How about some variation of the diagram system like in the witcher? I'm all in favor of a complex gadget system as long as the player doesn't end up becoming the master of a dozen different fabrication disciplines.

Maybe something similar to the on-the-fly customization in the Crysis series?

For most conventional weapons and only to a certain degree at least.
More complex weapons/customizations should require some sort of weapon smith you would have to seek out.

(Re)Implanting/customizing augmentations would have to be handled differently and in a more restrictive way though, imo.
By visiting a street clinic resp. a body shop/chop shop for example.

Last edited:
no, you are not alone in this
I would like that too, way beter customization than in crysis, something like it was in dead space 3, some tweaks in th weapn can make a huge difference -.. for oog or bad, but the player can poersonalize the weapons as he likes, the functioning of the weapon is totally changed

As long as it stays reasonable/realistic I'd also like to see weapon customization.
But no way do I want to see for instance sighting systems (lo-lite, IR, scopes, etc.) increasing the amount of damage weapons do, or similar silliness.

As long as it stays reasonable/realistic I'd also like to see weapon customization.
But no way do I want to see for instance sighting systems (lo-lite, IR, scopes, etc.) increasing the amount of damage weapons do, or similar silliness.

C'mon. Everyone knows once you put IR on a rifle, it doubles the damage. Increases the crit chance, too!

sighting systems are necessary for weapons,
more accuracy increases the damage, it's logic

sighting systems are necessary for weapons,
more accuracy increases the damage, it's logic
Wrong ... more accuracy increases the probability of a hit ... if you hit then you do damage ... but in and of itself accuracy has no effect whatsoever on damage (unless your a sniper doing head-shots).

---------- Updated at 05:47 AM ----------

C'mon. Everyone knows once you put IR on a rifle, it doubles the damage. Increases the crit chance, too!
You forgot it automatically causes a reduction in the ambient air temperature so your IR will be more effective!

---------- Updated at 05:50 AM ----------

Giggle. Su, I yield to you on this one. Have fun!
I don't want it.

in witcher 3 I really liked the idea of making components and dismantling others to get materials, but it wasn't used too much, so there wasn't much point in it even existing. so I'd love to see a better implementation of that. also we need a better UI for crafting with more sorting options. it wasn't really fun to find things in that endless list.

I do agree that everyone shouldn't be able to do this. but that wasn't a problem in the witcher, so I doubt they would overlook it here.

in witcher 3 I really liked the idea of making components and dismantling others to get materials, but it wasn't used too much, so there wasn't much point in it even existing. so I'd love to see a better implementation of that. also we need a better UI for crafting with more sorting options. it wasn't really fun to find things in that endless list.

I do agree that everyone shouldn't be able to do this. but that wasn't a problem in the witcher, so I doubt they would overlook it here.
I'm somewhat skeptical of the usefulness of raw materials or existing electronics in creating stuff in CP2077. It's not like most folks are going to have a forge, machine shop, and micro-circuit manufacturing facility in their apartment cube. Or even have ready access to one. Much less the skills to use them. And even providing such raw materials to an NPC techie is rather pointless, they're just scrap (s)he can obtain almost anywhere.

Now scavenging pre-existing parts is another matter ...

"Damn he had a nice set of sights on that weapon! I'll remove them and mount them on mine!"

We've been over this...cut out the fat, keep it simple. I like Fallout IV's in principle but there is too much work involved and everyone goes for DPS boost anyway. So please no endless scavenging in containers conveniently ignored by entire world population.
Any word on how this was handled in Mankind Divided?

DE:MD has a weird almost RPG system for the weapon that let up upgrade damage and magazine size though use of "weapon parts" and then you could add suppressors (that actually reduced damage!) to some weapons. Sights and laser pointers, that could up accuracy. change ammo type for different situations.

So over all not bad, but the cranking up the damage with random parts was very strange.

... you could add suppressors (that actually reduced damage!) to some weapons.
Well, yeah. If you want the weapon suppressed you can't have a supersonic "crack" as the bullet exits the barrel so you have to reduce the propellant charge so it's sub-sonic. And since the damage is done by ye olde 'Mass x Velocity' it's going to do less.

Well, yeah. If you want the weapon suppressed you can't have a supersonic "crack" as the bullet exits the barrel so you have to reduce the propellant charge so it's sub-sonic. And since the damage is done by ye olde 'Mass x Velocity' it's going to do less.

oh yes, was remaking on it as a positive move by the dev team, it's not just a default add on then.

Top Bottom