Any modders or mod teams already ready to rumble?

+
Maybe one of you nice modders would be kind enough to fix the inventory system? If it's not fixed in the upcoming patch, I'm not sure the devs will do anything for it. The inventory system badly needs to be more alchemy friendly and more easily sorted.

If anyone wants to play around with editing their savegames and is willing to use a GFF editor, you can try out WitchSav to expose Geralt's .utc for editing and repacking. If you need a GFF editor, you can pick up KGFF from the same site in the KotOR section. Edit: I've also added command line search utility called 'wf.exe' to search for filenames as well as GFF field values. In case of the former, it will report the .bif and the filename. In case of the latter, it will report the .bif, the filename, the field index, the field label, and the field value. I've also updated KGFF to support The Witcher language ids and added the ability to jump to the given field index (to make it more useful with wf.exe's feedback.)

I've uploaded a couple utilities that other modders may find useful while waiting for the SDK to arrive. If you are not comfortable using a GFF editor or the command line, you may want to wait for more polished tools.
  • BIFRip : This utility extracts all the resources from the BIF files.
  • WitchSav: Unpacks a savegames and exposes the Geralt's template for GFF editiing. When you're done making your changes, WitchSav can repack your savegame to allow you to test it out in-game. Can be used for inventory editing, not just for cheating. :p
  • KGFF: a GFF editor that was originally made for KotOR, I've updated it to support The Witcher's language identifiers. Also added the ability to jump to a given Field Index in the GFF using Ctrl+G.
  • WF: This is a command line search utility for Witcher resources. It searches filenames and GFF field values for a given pattern (perl regular expression). If it finds a file name, it will report the .bif and the filename. If it finds a field value, it will report the .bif, the filename, the field index, the field label, and the field value. (Having the field index was why I added the Ctrl+G in KGFF).
http://iamtk102.googlepages.com

I have made a BIF unpacker called UnBIF.Available at my page:http://csimbi.googlepages.comI would not mind official tools though... Especially for NCS/LUC scripting because none of the NWN or KOTOR tools work anymore...

I am no modder, but so far I have changed the movement speed - so I can run around faster; it is very helpful to finish the tutorial quickly.Just to see if it works, I also changed the starting stats - doubled the amount of HP - now I start with 500. Anyone knows how to load specific settings (for example the CHEAT_god_mode) - console maybe?I would like to see a camera mod also - I do not like the current one... Anyone cares to play with CameraSettings.2da? Just create an override dir under the data dir and drop t in there...Cheers.

Definitely ready to go on modding this incredible game. Currently about 1/4 of the way done with my 3D tileset for a 3/4 conversion (New Main character, new lands, new setting).As the developers have said that they imported models through the editor- and later said yes we are getting the full editor(forgot the source- but, was one of the more recent interviews)- this engine and game will be *perfect* for our teams TC.We've been attempting to do what we want using nwn2- but... It's not a fast paced enough start for our needs (as we do not have much in the way of a programmer).Ahhh the anticipation mounts..

Badmagic said:
Just discovered something odd, at a distance the textures don’t seem to display correctly and are partially transparent with strange highlights, looks like I will have to try a few different options as DTx5 is apparently not suitable, I did a quick test of DTx3 but it seemed to be the same.[/quoteHey bud..I have been playing around with the sword textures and they seem to use;Diffuse: DXT1 ARGBNormal map(_n): DXT5 (interpolated alpha)I have used those settings and have had no problems in displaying at a distance or up close,,Hope this helps..CheersVinnieMcP.S.And I am an avid modeler and look forward to creating new custom content,,as well as mod the heck out of it,,hahaP.P.S. Simply a fantastic gaming experience,,one that comes along very rarely nowadays!!!

The game uses .dds DXT1 and DXT5 as well as non-compressed textures in some instances. Do pay attention to the .txi files in use which, as in NWN, are not textures but texture information files which describe filtering modes and downsampling restrictions.

RobertTrifts said:
The game uses .dds DXT1 and DXT5 as well as non-compressed textures in some instances. Do pay attention to the .txi files in use which, as in NWN, are not textures but texture information files which describe filtering modes and downsampling restrictions.
Ahhh.. Thought thats what I just said? Oh well good to repeat it I guess..The .txi files which are texture filtering files much like that used in NWN,(as stated), do have some references to various filters you can adjust, but do nothave any impact on any of the sword textures for a simple re-texture as they are all set with the same values. You can play with them to see what differentresults you get but do not get overly worried they need changing...CheersVinnieMc

Gosh, I'm surprised with how quickly you guys managed to mod the textures...Anyway I can't wait to get my hands on that SDK too, I'm hoping to make some additional character models and new monsters (though it will be a miracle if I muster enough patience to successfully make at least one newmodel)Started playing with normal mapping already, here's what I've come up with so far: Still needs a lot of work and yeah, the neck's busted, that texture baking thing's not as easy as I hoped it would be. I'm planning to have a complete fully-textured model of at least one character before the SDK comes out. Given that I have the attention span of a demented goldfish that is not very likely to happen.

Very nice work bud,, You have got the facial flow down perfect imo... Good show indeed!I also am looking forward to getting some characters, as well as props, into the game,,Want to get this cannon on...hahah Seeing as there is gunpowder , might be able to do something with it,,haha

I'm happy to see that you're interested in my work, Robert, alas my portfolio is still in the making and I don't really have much to show off with at the moment. I'm working on it, though :)Nice cannon, Vinnie. I don't care whether it's Freudian or not, I'd like to see some serious cannon action in the Witcher. The geometry looks quite complex, though (smooth arcs and curves) – be mindful of the polycount.

haha ,,My thoughts to bud,,, Yes, it is a little high on the poly count (=2600). It was for a mod for Oblivion and it was within acceptable limits for it. Will "cut" it up a bit and make it a little less poly intensive..It would be very nice if we could get a poly count guideline for models in game. The waiting for the sdk and what it has to offer is becoming unbearable,,,hahaIf any one is interested in forming up a team to create a mod for this game please post up your ideas and what is required as I am interested in joining a team to do some work on this fantastic title.I have an extensive collection of medieval models, from weapons to armor to siege machines and buildings of all kinds. I would love to start putting some of them in-game and in a mod or create a mod and have it full of custom content...So, if there are any mod teams forming or groups looking to get together please post up a thread on what you are trying to accomplish, and we can start to build a basis for a cool project...CheersVinnieMc

I have a project that I had intended to do with Electron but am putting that on hold until I can see what I can do with Djinni. :)

[size=10pt];D Yes I am presently assembling people interested in forming a Mod team or group, I would also like to hear from "LISA" at DLAdventures and her team. I am also working on a brand new game, I purchased a 3D Engine and all the appropriate tools for, I am a serious Writer, Director and content coordinator and advisor. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to be involved in a spectacular concept that has never been tried before, but is definitly the direction gamers want to see. If your interested, Yes You Lisa! and anyone else please view my web site and contact me.http://www.rpggamerpro.com [/size]

WarPriest said:
[size=10pt];D Yes I am presently assembling people interested in forming a Mod team or group, I would also like to hear from "LISA" at DLAdventures and her team. I am also working on a brand new game, I purchased a 3D Engine and all the appropriate tools for, I am a serious Writer, Director and content coordinator and advisor. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to be involved in a spectacular concept that has never been tried before, but is definitly the direction gamers want to see. If your interested, Yes You Lisa! and anyone else please view my web site and contact me.http://www.rpggamerpro.com [/size]
We have already been posting in this thread. And yes, Lisa is still with us at roXIdy.

Would you take people who know next to nothing about NWN toolset, right now but would be very good with some dialogue writing and QA bughunting and dabbling into everything else with time? ;D

hiver said:
Would you take people who know next to nothing about NWN toolset, right now but would be very good with some dialogue writing and QA bughunting and dabbling into everything else with time? ;D
For writing? No. Our lead writer/designer, BGP Hughes, has been with the team for quite a while now and it's his gig. I spend most of my time during production acting as Ben's personal Genie. "What is your bidding, my master?" :DWriting is actually the most difficult position to fill when creating any CRPG title, imo. There are about a dozen or more people who are published writers, journalists and a few screensplay authors who we tried over the years and I had to tell most of them "this just isn't working out". The problem is that CRPG writing is a devilishly difficult skill to master. Many witers - and extrmeley good ones too - just can't cope with the particular requirements inherent in writing for a CRPG. It is a very, very different way of writing and very difficult skill to learn how to do well. People seem to think that because there are no clear technical skill requirements, that, well, "I could be a writer". That part is true. They could be. The error is in assuming it is easy. It isn't. Recruiting 3d modelers, coders, even musicians and technical sound staff is vastly - VASTLY - easier than recruiting a good writer.As for QA - we do accept QA applicants from time to time. Drop by the site and send me an application (resume, essentially) via email. I can be reached at rtrifts@roxidy.com

Top Bottom