Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
I understand it's not for gaming lol that's why I'm trying to figure out how to get around it. I understand the concept as I do programing for a living lol. I thank you though for that because I've been very busy I overlooked that because I play much more advanced games then the witcher :) I realized that was a bad link after I posted it my apologies :) Thanks again for the help I guess for a lot of us then we must get a new graphic card ato avoid this problem with other games in the future. That's the easiest way around that right haha

Ok so I just bought the game the other day and after a smooth installation, im experiencing horribly choppy cutscenes and an in game FPS that would makes the game nearly unplayable, even at the lowest resolution and graphics/video settings. My system specs are as follows:processor : AMD Athlon X2 dual core QL 64 2.10 GHzRAM: 4 gigs320 GB HDDgraphics: ATI Radeon HD 3200 w/ 1917 mbThey seem to meet the minimum requirements but my friend runs the game better with lower specs, anyone know what my deal is?

Hi! My problem is that the game lags a lot, especially outdoors. Running is a real pain, because it stutters so much, that my game looks like a stop motion film. It gets a bit better if I point my camera at the ground. Unfortunately the reduction of viewing distance didn't change the performance. I've tried to reduce other graphical settings, but it does not seem to change anything. Strangest thing is that I was able to run this game at almost maxed out settings just last year with the same computer. Any help appreciated. :)

-DGG- said:
Hi! My problem is that the game lags a lot, especially outdoors. Running is a real pain, because it stutters so much, that my game looks like a stop motion film. It gets a bit better if I point my camera at the ground. Unfortunately the reduction of viewing distance didn't change the performance. I've tried to reduce other graphical settings, but it does not seem to change anything. Strangest thing is that I was able to run this game at almost maxed out settings just last year with the same computer. Any help appreciated. :)
*get the latest DirectX from February 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5&displayLang=en*and the latest video driver for you: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp*disable and quit any running applications before running the game

Topic.Specs. HP Pavilion DV7 3067CLTurion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M600 (2 CPU'S) @ 2.4GHzATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1 Gig DDR34 Gigs DDR2-800 ramWindows 7 Home Premium 64 bit editionAll drivers are the most recent versions. Thank you in advance.

Laeadern said:
Specs. HP Pavilion DV7 3067CLTurion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M600 (2 CPU'S) @ 2.4GHzATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 1 Gig DDR34 Gigs DDR2-800 ramWindows 7 Home Premium 64 bit editionAll drivers are the most recent versions. Thank you in advance.
1280x800 on HIGH, no AA, 4xAF, disable Depth of Field

Here's the web installer for direct x for february 2010:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

thurauh1 said:
Here's the web installer for direct x for february 2010:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
it's better to use the FULL REDISTRIBUTABLE: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5

i just started this game not long, other place i have no lag only have lag in trade quarter. I set the setting to the lowest already still getting the same problem. The system requirement is 7900 graphic card, i have Gefore 8600 and gaming pc how come i still have lag? please help me

deniedaccess said:
i just started this game not long, other place i have no lag only have lag in trade quarter. I set the setting to the lowest already still getting the same problem. The system requirement is 7900 graphic card, i have Gefore 8600 and gaming pc how come i still have lag? please help me
Chapter 3 is way bigger than the othersread: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game ever crashed )

I wish I had something to add to the discussion of 55 pages, but I'm having the same issue as anybody else. I'm at a hands-in-the-air loss as to why this is running so choppy. Maybe someone might know if there's any tweaking to be done within my card's software? I've already downscaled the resolution, tuned down the settings, all to no avail. My specs:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bitIntel Pentium Dual-core E5200 2.50GHz4096MB DDR2NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MBInterestingly, I noticed that dxdiag shows 2287MB of memory, even though it clearly indicates the GeForce 8400 as the device. I guess it's sharing memory with the mobo?

Greetings,I bought this game to try it out on the new pc. Unfortunately, it's running choppy, especially in cutscenes and also in combat or sometimes when I'm changing the camera's perspective or turning viewpoint. Generally performance of the game is so-so. I tried downscaling the resolution, turning off AA, decreasing AF and graphic details. Didn't help much. I have the latest video card drivers. My specs:Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bitAMD Athlon II X4 630 2.81 GHZ2047MB DDR2NVIDIA GeForce 210

Hello there, I'm currently at chapter 4 and during a conversation
with Berenger
the game crashes instantly right after Geralt asks, "what contract ?" regarding the Ripples quest. I've completed the game before on the non-EE where this crash never occured. However, attempting to replay the game on the EE version has resulted in this. This never-ceasing crash is hindering my further progress into the story so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.System Specs :Windwos Vista - 32-bit versionNvidia GTX 295 graphics cardCore i7 920 - 2.66Ghz CPUP6T Deluxe V2 motherboard3GB DDR3 RAM

I have been playing the original version of the witcher for well over a year now and it has always run very smoothly for me. Yesterday I bought the enhanced edition and right away i noticed the frame rate was not quite as smooth as it was before. Far from unplayable, but annoying none the less. The weird thing is, whether the graphic settings are set to low or high, the games runs almost the same. This is leading me to believe that it is a bug or something with the EE. If anybody could shed some light on this issue I would greatly appreciate it.My Specs areWin XPIntel quad core 2.4gz2 gigs ramnividia 9600gt latest driverlatest directx

I am having the same problem with my dual core 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, dual nvidia 8700m GTs. I run a dell xps m1730, i used to have a dell xps 15 series with xp (instead of vista which i have now) and it's specs were far less (2gb ram, etc) and it ran perfect. Now EE on my laptop the sound/graphics are choppy and horrible, but the same on low or high settings.

efranftw said:
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB
video card is not supported ( not powerful enough )you need at least a nVidia x6xx series cards like 7600/8600/9600/etc
efranftw said:
NVIDIA GeForce 210
video card is not supported ( not powerful enough )you need at least a nVidia x6xx series cards like 7600/8600/9600/GT240/etc
efranftw said:
Windwos Vista - 32-bit versionNvidia GTX 295 graphics cardCore i7 920 - 2.66Ghz CPUP6T Deluxe V2 motherboard3GB DDR3 RAM
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderdid you try to use an older savegame instead of the current one and reply a bit before the crash ?

CadeFoster said:
Win XPIntel quad core 2.4gz2 gigs ramnividia 9600gt latest driverlatest directx
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed
CadeFoster said:
I am having the same problem with my dual core 2.5ghz, 4gb ram, dual nvidia 8700m GTs. I run a dell xps m1730, i used to have a dell xps 15 series with xp (instead of vista which i have now) and it's specs were far less (2gb ram, etc) and it ran perfect. Now EE on my laptop the sound/graphics are choppy and horrible, but the same on low or high settings.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed

Yeah, I did load back to a previous point but it still crashed.Also, the PC Wizard folder is too large for me to post it and I am also unable to find the error report in the system folder.Work arounds ?

Top Bottom