Asking a question about performance of the game in my PC

+
Solution mentioned here: http://tw1.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30681.msg5451072#msg5451072Since you got the 1.5v, you can apply it right away I think.

Niiiiiiiiiiiice...Works at lowest difficulties... framerate dropping sometimes but works. Isn't there any option to lower the character details? They still look damn good. Even the textures on them.

Hello, I have read through several post but have not found a solution to my problem. The problem seems to be very common, as I have an annoying stutter (while outside, swamp, and market...) no matter what my video settings are. I have done all the updates recommended I could find, so, I thought I would post my PC WIZARD report and hopefully get some assistance to make my favorite game even more enjoyable. Thanks in advance.Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bitAMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2606GB DDR2

Drauka89 said:
Hello, I have read through several post but have not found a solution to my problem. The problem seems to be very common, as I have an annoying stutter (while outside, swamp, and market...) no matter what my video settings are. I have done all the updates recommended I could find, so, I thought I would post my PC WIZARD report and hopefully get some assistance to make my favorite game even more enjoyable. Thanks in advance.Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bitAMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2606GB DDR2
I used to get the occasional and very annoying stutter albeit a long while back. But there were 3 settings changes that i made that made all the difference in the world at least for me anyway. I run a GTS250 which is close to your cardAnistropic Filtering is set to no more than 8Antialiasing is disabledDepth of Field is uncheckedShadows and grass set at medium and small animals are set at fewside thought when you installed the latest video drivers did you do a clean install of themdid you check for updated motherboard drivers as well as BIOS updates

Thanks for your recommendations, I went ahead and performed a clean install of my graphic driver, which seems to have helped with the annoying one second stutter I was getting. I applied the graphic settings you recommended in game, but, it seems even with those turned down there is very little to no noticeable frame-rate improvement (granted I'm not getting horrible frame-rates anyway, 30-48 with some micro shuttering but not like before). I think I may just have to chock it up to the Aurora engine with poor optimization. Thanks much for your advice,

Drauka89 said:
Thanks for your recommendations, I went ahead and performed a clean install of my graphic driver, which seems to have helped with the annoying one second stutter I was getting. I applied the graphic settings you recommended in game, but, it seems even with those turned down there is very little to no noticeable frame-rate improvement (granted I'm not getting horrible frame-rates anyway, 30-48 with some micro shuttering but not like before). I think I may just have to chock it up to the Aurora engine with poor optimization. Thanks much for your advice,
Those are about the same framerates i`m getting also . Before i made the changes to my card i was getting between 25-30 and the areas you mentioned are very demanding and resource hungry locations and i also think it has to do with the old aurora engine

I've read a lot of the posts on hear and I see others are having similar problems. What I don't understand is why I'm having these problems even after I've read all the responses. I have an Athlon X2 running at 3.0 Ghz, 4GB of DDR2, 600watt PS, 2 HD 2600 XT cards Crossfired together. I have the same blackout during the cut scenes that others have complained of. And the game does get jumpy from time to time. I set the advanced options to medium and still run into problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One more thing, if I try to run the game after I've booted using the 3 gig memory switch, it will crash every time when loading the first scene of the game.

jtanderson said:
I've read a lot of the posts on hear and I see others are having similar problems. What I don't understand is why I'm having these problems even after I've read all the responses. I have an Athlon X2 running at 3.0 Ghz, 4GB of DDR2, 600watt PS, 2 HD 2600 XT cards Crossfired together. I have the same blackout during the cut scenes that others have complained of. And the game does get jumpy from time to time. I set the advanced options to medium and still run into problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One more thing, if I try to run the game after I've booted using the 3 gig memory switch, it will crash every time when loading the first scene of the game.
read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

Sorry about the earlier post. I wasn't aware of the proper format. Hopefully, this will make things clearer for you guys. Thank you in advance for any help.

jtanderson said:
Sorry about the earlier post. I wasn't aware of the proper format. Hopefully, this will make things clearer for you guys. Thank you in advance for any help.
I assume your on the 1.5 patch. Lets try something different first. Download and install the bik player and try playing the witcher bik files http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm trying to see if your missing any codecs. If they play then retry game to see if they play. If not then retry in windowed mode to see if they play

Hello guys !I got The Witcher EE and also downloaded patch 1.5.My system:Intel P4 2.4 Ghz (not HT)768 ram DDR1Gainward GT 240Problems:1. It is the very low FPS I have, even if I put everything at minimum (including 800x600 rez), or at maximum (1024 rez, 4x AA, everything at max). The difference between min and max, is about 2-3 FPS...Now I am in chapter III, in trade quarter, and I have 10-20 FPS in the In.Using GPU-Z, in the in, I see that my GPU load is 5-20%, mostly 13-15% or so and vram load is 1xx. I wonder how I can make my GPU go to about 60% load, to increase the FPS (DMC4 uses the GPU at 6x% at average, and I have 8x-1xx FPS or so - 4x-5x in battles with everything at maximum).I tried different drivers (oldest, newest, and driver from GPU-CD), even played a little with Nvidia's CP, but not solution.2. At the first cutscene, I get the sound delayed sometimes, but the narator still talks. I wonder how I can fix this.I hope to get some useful answers soon ^_^.

dedantemon said:
Hello guys !I got The Witcher EE and also downloaded patch 1.5.My system:Intel P4 2.4 Ghz (not HT)768 ram DDR1Gainward GT 240Problems:1. It is the very low FPS I have, even if I put everything at minimum (including 800x600 rez), or at maximum (1024 rez, 4x AA, everything at max). The difference between min and max, is about 2-3 FPS...Now I am in chapter III, in trade quarter, and I have 10-20 FPS in the In.Using GPU-Z, in the in, I see that my GPU load is 5-20%, mostly 13-15% or so and vram load is 1xx. I wonder how I can make my GPU go to about 60% load, to increase the FPS (DMC4 uses the GPU at 6x% at average, and I have 8x-1xx FPS or so - 4x-5x in battles with everything at maximum).I tried different drivers (oldest, newest, and driver from GPU-CD), even played a little with Nvidia's CP, but not solution.2. At the first cutscene, I get the sound delayed sometimes, but the narator still talks. I wonder how I can fix this.I hope to get some useful answers soon ^_^.
In the link given there is an IFO fix that you can try also try disabling depth of field and set aa to 0

dedantemon said:
I disabled AA, depth of field, everything and still no solution.At what IFO fix are you referring to?
Oops forgot the linkFAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

I recently started playing the Witcher again patched to 1.5 and Director's Cut I just reached Act III and the game just starts to get a really bad framerate. I put everything down resolution to 800x600 and it's playable but still really slow.My specs are Motherboard: Asus P5QL/EPUCpu: Intel Quad Core 66004 gigs of ramATI HD 5770It's not the best system but I really don't think I should be able to play Crysis 2 at a higher framerate then this game. In the Trade Quarter where the jester is at doing tricks my framerate gets really low like 11fps (used fraps) around New Narakot Inn it's around 20 fps and it's never higher then 25fps.I read a couple of pages and I attached my INFO.text file. Also I read about an IFO Fix, what is that supposed to do exactly? I am not crashing should I still try it?

Chromie192 said:
I recently started playing the Witcher again patched to 1.5 and Director's Cut I just reached Act III and the game just starts to get a really bad framerate. I put everything down resolution to 800x600 and it's playable but still really slow.My specs are Motherboard: Asus P5QL/EPUCpu: Intel Quad Core 66004 gigs of ramATI HD 5770It's not the best system but I really don't think I should be able to play Crysis 2 at a higher framerate then this game. In the Trade Quarter where the jester is at doing tricks my framerate gets really low like 11fps (used fraps) around New Narakot Inn it's around 20 fps and it's never higher then 25fps.I read a couple of pages and I attached my INFO.text file. Also I read about an IFO Fix, what is that supposed to do exactly? I am not crashing should I still try it?
The IFO fix has worked for some that get low FPS later on during the game . There are also some settings in the options>advanced tab that can also help like grass to medium small animal number to few . Chapter 3 is a big drain on resources . If you haven`t you can try making an exception in your antivirus for the witcher .

the extra gig of ram might help, but itll still probably only be low settings, and crappy FPS, 800 x 600 resolution.

thats what im subjected to these days, but at least i can play it again.

the grass settings really slow things down, turn it off.

october2 said:
Where is IFO fix???

The issue is the one known as the IFO module error, you get that error when trying to to change zone (mostly in chapters 2 and 3).
To fix this, you need to make some manipulations, first, if you are under XP, go to my computer, get on your C drive, open the tools menu -> Folder options, View tab. In there, look for "Hidden files and folders", click on show hidden files and folder. Next look for "Hide protected operating system files", uncheck it.
If you are under Vista, go to the control panel and look for folder option, the rest of the procedure is the same : View tab. In there, look for "Hidden files and folders", click on show hidden files and folder. Next look for "Hide protected operating system files", uncheck it.

Now, start the game, and load your savegame ( normal savegame, not quick or auto ). Once it is loaded, press ALT-Tab to get out of the game, go to the following folder:
Windows XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\The Witcher\temp\saves\
Windows Vista/7: C:\User\\AppData\Local\The Witcher\temp\saves\
In that folder, delete all the files that end with the .SAV extension.

Then go back in the game, move around a bit, save your game and reload it.

Top Bottom