Automata - New movie looks amazing and cyberpunky :D

+
Automata - New movie looks amazing and cyberpunky :D

So check it out guys, got a lead on a new flick coming out sometime soon and it looks pretty amazing.

[video=youtube;3Yfy2I2R5-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yfy2I2R5-g[/video]

Looks cool, another robot humanity issue thing. Can't wait to see it. What are your thoughts?

the premise seems like a mix of i robot and blade runner, and although it looks more subtle than blomkamp's work, there's that risk of it becoming just as preachy and heavy handed.

i like the aesthetics, the robots look functional and real, and the translucent raincoat and the city are again reminiscent of blade runner.

I'll wait to see it.
I don't trust trailer anymore, just too easy to put the best part of your movie in it, when it's just 1h30 of pure boringness and garbage (Elysium? cough, cough)

Trailer: OMG EXPLOSION! CYBER! BADASSSSSSSSS

Movie: Meh, I'm Matt Damon, my boss fried me in a microwave, and now I've got to save the little girl (because, yes, fuck the world, only the lil girl matter) and everything i've done in the middle has absolutely no impact or anything, I just filled the movie with random and useless things

But anyway, it looks nice, a maybe too much "bland" for my tastes, too much "white and clinical", but I'll give it a try when it'll be released.

From the trailer, the story and the themes seem somewhat inspired by Asimov's "I, Robot" series of shortsories. Maybe it's a coincidence. They werent really "cyberpunk", cause they lacked the noir and outlined "derelict" aspect, but were good stories nonetheless...

But I'll wait for reviews, Im not gonna get fooled by cool trailers anymore...

Funny trivia; it was a 1920's modernist play by Czech writer Karel Čapek, R.U.R. (Rossum’s Universal Robots) which first introduced the word "Robot" to the world. I've always thought that CDP RED should shoehorn an easter-egg about that into the game. :p

Last edited:
"Then the miracle dissipates and the epidemic begins."
Looks great.

Might even be good.

Now, must watch Assassins again. Also Desperadoes.

Sooo? Anyone watched it?

I just did, and Im kind of disapointed... Produciton values are OK, adn the story brings up themes both of Blade Runner and Soylent Green, but is definetely WEAK.
The foundations of the story and characters arent solid, so half way through it all begins to crumble.

The ending is kind of decent, but very hevy handed, and it leaves you with the impression that the movie didnt do its job to earn it. I mean it's suposed to be this emotional moment, but you couldnt care less. My 2 cents at least. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom