Bloomberg Report, 2018 Demo was almost entirely fake.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL what happens when you combine two echo chambers? Dissonance, and this thread.

Nothing useful here after ten clicks of the Next button.

LOL what happens when you combine two echo chambers? Dissonance, and this thread.

Nothing useful here after ten clicks of the Next button.
I mean what do you expect in the comments? That a Dev will confirm that yes they were the article source?

About CDPRs development practices around crunch for example. I believe he was the one who pointed out that devs were treated very poorly during it.
But is it really?
I mean in my opinion this is all a matter of perspective. Dunno and don't really care where he comes from calls out a polish company (with its work-conditions and laws) he might not have a clue how this translates into practice what he generally assumes to be true. If then the US citizen (I'll just use it as a good example) uses their "knowledge" about something they heard about crunch from companies - companies from the US for example - they just have their own understanding or assumption what "crunch" means - under US laws and work-conditions. And this is also something that lots of people might not consider/take into account.
Where crunch for one side is working underpaid overtime for over 80-100 hours 7 days per week, it may be just "overtime" with some extra paid, while extending the mandatory work time to 6 days a week for a certain period of time.

I hope you get the gist of what I mean to imply here?

I really don't see how that matters, sorry. He is a journalist, his job is to deliver facts, sometimes opinions. If he is doing his job properly, his personalty doesn't diminish his articles.
Don't know about you but I like my Journalists to be fair, because they're more then just news anchors regurgitating a script.
Journalists need to gather and analyze information before condensing it into a digestible medium, and I don't trust LegoMan to do that fairly.

He called the 2018 demo "fake", without explaining what "fake" even means... It's borderline opinion piece territory.
So yeah, Tainted journalism.

read the article. The 2018 demo was fake because it was built especially for E3 and gamescom and was not part of the actual game they are working on. They wasted time and money on impressing journalist withfeatures that were never in the game.

Jason Schreier is immensely respected and feared by people in the industry because he has connections and people come to him with true stories. He calls companies out for their bullshit and their so called fans hate on him for it.
He was right about the troubled development of the last Bioware games, he was right about the terrible business practises at Naughty Dog, he is almost always right with his predictions about delays and it seems he is also right about CP.
I don't care about his ego as long as he does good work. Almost all other gaming journalists simply repeat what they are being fed by PR without questioning it, he is one of the few people who actually care for what is going on behind the scenes.

I mean what do you expect in the comments? That a Dev will confirm that yes they were the article source?

No, I expect people in this day and age of Information Operations (look it up, military context), to use their entity given brains to assess the source and determine what is known and what is not known, and cross-check accordingly.

The big problem for the Bloomberg article is the same as the one for those defending the game. No whistleblower has emerged, willing to be named and formally identified and vetted in a court of law according to their status, to speak to what they saw and heard.

So it's all speculation. Each and every post here.

Is this how people subconsciously enjoy spending their Sundays?

But is it really?
I mean in my opinion this is all a matter of perspective. Dunno and don't really care where he comes from calls out a polish company (with its work-conditions and laws) he might not have a clue how this translates into practice what he generally assumes to be true. If then the US citizen (I'll just use it as a good example) uses their "knowledge" about something they heard about crunch from companies - companies from the US for example - they just have their own understanding or assumption what "crunch" means - under US laws and work-conditions. And this is also something that lots of people might not consider/take into account.
Where crunch for one side is working underpaid overtime for over 80-100 hours 7 days per week, it may be just "overtime" with some extra paid, while extending the mandatory work time to 6 days a week for a certain period of time.

I hope you get the gist of what I mean to imply here?
Yeah, and what you are saying is basically trying to excuse bad work ethics and industry practices. I'm sorry I have no intentions to into this discussion. Overworked developers are exploited workers, it doesn't matter if the culture/law whatever excuses it. And this journalist pointed it out in a time when CDPR was praised to be the no1 best Good Guy Studio in the industry. Where in reality they aren't really, they just had a good streak with PR managment.

read the article. The 2018 demo was fake because it was built especially for E3 and gamescom and was not part of the actual game they are working on. They wasted time and money on impressing journalist withfeatures that were never in the game.

Jason Schreier is immensely respected and feared by people in the industry because he has connections and people come to him with true stories. He calls companies out for their bullshit and their so called fans hate on him for it.
He was right about the troubled development of the last Bioware games, he was right about the terrible business practises at Naughty Dog, he is almost always right with his predictions about delays and it seems he is also right about CP.
I don't care about his ego as long as he does good work. Almost all other gaming journalists simply repeat what they are being fed by PR without questioning it, he is one of the few people who actually care for what is going on behind the scenes.

He's also immensely biased, as show here.

But sure go ahead, keep stroking that massive ego of his.

Don't know about you but I like my Journalists to be fair, because they're more then just news anchors regurgitating a script.
Journalists need to gather and analyze information before condensing it into a digestible medium, and I don't trust LegoMan to do that fairly.
I like my journalists to be honest. I don't care for fair, whatever that even means in this context.

Yeah this looks like a company ruining story. They will be sued by everybody and their reputation is tarnished for good. Don't expect this game to be fixed, move on.... Best thing they can do is sell the rights to the game so that some other studio can fix it.

Yeah, and what you are saying is basically trying to excuse bad work ethics and industry practices. I'm sorry I have no intentions to into this discussion. Overworked developers are exploited workers, it doesn't matter if the culture/law whatever excuses it. And this journalist pointed it out in a time when CDPR was praised to be the no1 best Good Guy Studio in the industry. Where in reality they aren't really, they just had a good streak with PR managment.
No really, I think you completely missed my point. I don't accept or like to have dev crunch in either way. It was an example to show how each person can see or relate to "words" in other ways depending on perspective. And in this regard crunch is not crunch.
Same does apply to other controversies, maybe because the foundation of the meaning of words differs, which is pretty strange from my perspective.

No, I expect people in this day and age of Information Operations (look it up, military context), to use their entity given brains to assess the source and determine what is known and what is not known, and cross-check accordingly.

The big problem for the Bloomberg article is the same as the one for those defending the game. No whistleblower has emerged, willing to be named and formally identified and vetted in a court of law according to their status, to speak to what they saw and heard.

So it's all speculation. Each and every post here.

Is this how people subconsciously enjoy spending their Sundays?
It is Saturday, but you know, you could have used your own post to point these cross-references out and "educate" us simpletons.

Edit: "No whistleblower has emerged, willing to be named and formally identified and vetted in a court of law according to their status, to speak to what they saw and heard."
Because it literally doesn't worth the effort for any whistleblower. They wanna stay anon so they can keep their choice of carrier. It's really not a chonspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom