[BUG] Stuck on loading screen at the end of King's Gambit quest

+
xbox one.....same problem....if i can't finish the game properly then i won't finish it at all

Last edited:
You have to be kidding... A quest that is pertinent to the main story, and it's fvcked. No excuse for that.

---------- Updated at 01:29 AM ----------

You have to be kidding... A quest that is pertinent to the main story, and it's fvcked. No excuse for that.

And I had to make an account just to post this... Absolute joke.

Amen. The only reason this game didn't get trashed is because by the time you get to King's Gambit you're already addicted. I still can't believe I had to create an account to complain about a bug that stops you from advancing in the game.

FIX THE GAME

Just so you know guys, you might as well be a minority here. It is ofcourse a gamebreaking bug for those who encounter it, but it doesn't happen to everyone (I passed this point yesterday on 1.04 with no problems whatsoever)...so, just to clarify, how is it possible that testing didn't catch this earlier...fingers crossed it will be fixed soon, my friend got stuck here as well.

Just so you know guys, you might as well be a minority here. It is ofcourse a gamebreaking bug for those who encounter it, but it doesn't happen to everyone (I passed this point yesterday on 1.04 with no problems whatsoever)...so, just to clarify, how is it possible that testing didn't catch this earlier...fingers crossed it will be fixed soon, my friend got stuck here as well.

I don't think the game has been out long enough for you to say who is actually in the minority, given that some players may have opted to skip this quest altogether (by rejecting the offer to help either sibling) and others may have not yet reached this point in the game.

What we can say for certain is that it is happening across all three platforms and identical to every player who encounters it. If you google "King's Gambit Witcher" -- the results are populated by people complaining about the bug -- as opposed to other quests where the results populate with videos and walkthroughs, etc. This is not a saved game glitch or among the plethora of other bugs that plague this game, all of which seem to have variations and are more understandable given said variations. To say the King's Gambit bug was the first glitch I (or likely any other player) encountered would be laughable. However, the game is great and none of the others were game-breaking and had workarounds. This one does not. Hence the anger.

Additionally, we don't know how many are affected given that most of us had to create accounts just to voice our complaints. A majority of gamers (especially console) have no idea who published the game, how to reach the technical support forum or simply may not have the inclination to voice their concerns despite their anger/frustration.

Finally, telling our respective platforms (be it PC, PS4 or Xbox One) that it is in the minority does absolutely nothing to help us. And we paid for the product. So the anger over this getting through testing is completely justified and the response was insulting. "We're sorry for the inconvenience. It will be addressed in the near future." Beyond the lack of an apology -- it should be noted this is not an inconvenience, this is a bug that renders the game unplayable beyond a certain point. King's Gambit is not a Treasure Hunt or Witcher Contract or Secondary Quest. It's a major plot point. And as to the near future -- what does that mean? One patch from now? Two? Three?

So I appreciate your loyalty to the publisher (it seems you have been a member of this forum long before most of us), but no one can justifiably defend CD Projekt Red for this disaster.

I don't think the game has been out long enough for you to say who is actually in the minority, given that some players may have opted to skip this quest altogether (by rejecting the offer to help either sibling) and others may have not yet reached this point in the game.

What we can say for certain is that it is happening across all three platforms and identical to every player who encounters it. If you google "King's Gambit Witcher" -- the results are populated by people complaining about the bug -- as opposed to other quests where the results populate with videos and walkthroughs, etc. This is not a saved game glitch or among the plethora of other bugs that plague this game, all of which seem to have variations and are more understandable given said variations. To say the King's Gambit bug was the first glitch I (or likely any other player) encountered would be laughable. However, the game is great and none of the others were game-breaking and had workarounds. This one does not. Hence the anger.

Additionally, we don't know how many are affected given that most of us had to create accounts just to voice our complaints. A majority of gamers (especially console) have no idea who published the game, how to reach the technical support forum or simply may not have the inclination to voice their concerns despite their anger/frustration.

Finally, telling our respective platforms (be it PC, PS4 or Xbox One) that it is in the minority does absolutely nothing to help us. And we paid for the product. So the anger over this getting through testing is completely justified and the response was insulting. "We're sorry for the inconvenience. It will be addressed in the near future." Beyond the lack of an apology -- it should be noted this is not an inconvenience, this is a bug that renders the game unplayable beyond a certain point. King's Gambit is not a Treasure Hunt or Witcher Contract or Secondary Quest. It's a major plot point. And as to the near future -- what does that mean? One patch from now? Two? Three?

So I appreciate your loyalty to the publisher (it seems you have been a member of this forum long before most of us), but no one can justifiably defend CD Projekt Red for this disaster.

Preach it, brother.

That's why I stated you "might as well be a minortiy", it's just a guess, I can't possibly know the percentage of players being stuck in this, nor do I pretend to.
But the fact that it doesn't happen EVERYTIME means one simple thing, that it could have gone unnoticed. That's all I'm saying, that's how it works. As a dev, you either get a log, or you try to simulate the problem and log it yourself, so you can analyze it and fix it. Now the devs know about it and hopefully it won't take long.

Last edited:
But the fact that it doesn't happen EVERYTIME means one simple thing, that it could have gone unnoticed. That's all I'm saying, that's how it works.
I think at this point it's fair to say that not only could it have gone unnoticed, but it very much did go unnoticed. Hence the angry mob (of which I am one).

As far as "how it works," as the customer, I don't need to know how the products I pay for get made. That's why I pay for them. I just expect (and federal law in the United States has protected said expectation) that the product going to be functional when I fork over the money to the seller. I don't know how to build a car and I don't care to, but I'd be angry if everytime it hit 65mph the engine froze.

Deep breaths bro. This is a huge game and things like that are actually expected to some extent. They've already released 2 patches in less than a week, so there is hope. And yes, I'm saying this from a perspective of the 3rd poster in this thread, so yea, I can't play the game since friday and yes it annoys me. But there are other things to do, so I'd recommend to just chill and wait, because no ammount of forum hate will speed things up.
Dream the dream of no bugs in this game in like a year, with all DLCs out and how awesome it's going to be to replay it then :)

This bug affected me too, such a relief though to know I'm not the only experiencing it. It bothers me though how the next patch will not solve the issue, but instead give the game 30fps lock (for consoles) and increasing the text size. I play on ps4 and honestly I can bare with the frame rate issues, I mean it doesnt render the game completely useless, and the text size is an eye sore but it's still readable, hopefully the patch after fixes the Kings Gambit issue. Can't do anything else but wait I guess, I'm not giving my complaints to CD Projekt Red but instead my support, they produced a great game with tons of content, it really makes your money worth it, honestly speaking, if another company made the game, a good chunk would have been paid for DLCs. True, it stops progress in the main story, but theres still a lot of things I have yet to do; witcher contracts, treasure hunts, side quests, etc. At least this bug gives me a chance to bulk up Geralt and be ready as hell for the finale hehe

Last edited:
Bug affects me too but no need to get angry. Bugs happen in every software more often in such massive software projects and the guys from cdr always do the best so a patch will come soon

Thank you for saying everything i have in Mind, i have the same issue, im deeply disappointed by this game breaking bug, im thinking about selling thé game, its just a shame to not be able to advance in thé story because of that, i loved that game, i loved this quest so that disgusts me even more to no be able to finish it, i could bare minor bugs but this, this is too much, if this isnt solved before the E3, i think i will sell it, 70h for nothing, thats a shame, i was telling to everyone this game is a must have but after that i will have to tell this is a game you must avoid :/

---------- Updated at 10:22 PM ----------

And am i thé only one to see thé jarl Lugo in this quest during thé cinematic with thé bear, hé is not moving with arms raised and a bear go through his body like if hé was ghost, this quest really needs a patch, this is a priority

Top Bottom