Can't send Arena result on the web

+
More and more people have the same issue. I just reinstalled the game, upadated to 2.0, registered via launcher and i still can't upload my score to the board. Tried everything that was mentioned before...

Firstly, i wanted to thank CDPR for their dedication and congratulate them for their great and continued work on TW2.

Now, i just got to fight 23 of Arena mode and had to call it a night. I looked in the in-game menus but couldnt find a way to upload my score, so i clicked "Exit to Main Menu" hoping to get a prompt asking me to upload the score... sadly, i went straight to the main menu (!) and lost all my progress . Now i read you have to die in order to upload your score.

Is this correct? Is there no other way to upload scores?

Yep.. Its correct.. But whats wrong about that. You want to leave and upload your scores - just die. You can't save anyway.. (and can't upload the score if you are me ;p)

VictoriOS said:
I had the same problem, but the following worked for me:

- exit Launcher.
- run regedit
- make a backup of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED\The Witcher 2" (right click -> export)
- delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED\The Witcher 2" (seems not to be used anymore in newer versions)
- run Launcher again and choose Register (i had to setup graphics and language settings again)
- login with your account to register

thank you, works for me percetly!

Ah...I guess my lazyness kicked me, unable to uploade arena scores..and feel a little drag to contact support.

Don't mind it.

VictoriOS said:
I had the same problem, but the following worked for me:

- exit Launcher.
- run regedit
- make a backup of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED\The Witcher 2" (right click -> export)
- delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED\The Witcher 2" (seems not to be used anymore in newer versions)
- run Launcher again and choose Register (i had to setup graphics and language settings again)
- login with your account to register
Do not work for me :(

Kaldurenik said:
Do not work for me :(

Neither for me.

Edit: I see it worked for you - congrats!

Does everyone's launcher menu look like this?:

Yay, it works!

Mrowakus said:
Neither for me.

Edit: I see it worked for you - congrats!

Does everyone's launcher menu look like this?:

Yay, it works!

yeah my menu looks like that...

how did you get it working?

Can someone please post how they got it working? I tried both suggestions, the one with the register.exe and the regedit one. Still not working.

hey!! moderators and CDPR team the facebook link on the arena leaderboards is not working :( come on !!!! do something!! i am ranked 99 as of now i dont know if i will get so high up ever again so do something fast please and make the facebook link work on that page so i can show off my score please CDPR please :(

pbpoovanna said:
hey!! moderators and CDPR team the facebook link on the arena leaderboards is not working :( come on !!!! do something!! i am ranked 99 as of now i dont know if i will get so high up ever again so do something fast please and make the facebook link work on that page so i can show off my score please CDPR please :(

I have the same Problem :(

jonesy1138 said:
Firstly, i wanted to thank CDPR for their dedication and congratulate them for their great and continued work on TW2.

Now, i just got to fight 23 of Arena mode and had to call it a night. I looked in the in-game menus but couldnt find a way to upload my score, so i clicked "Exit to Main Menu" hoping to get a prompt asking me to upload the score... sadly, i went straight to the main menu (!) and lost all my progress . Now i read you have to die in order to upload your score.

Is this correct? Is there no other way to upload scores?
yes u can upload only when u die :D so kill youself if u are too tired and upload that score didnt u have an option on the left saying "upload scores to web" ?? after u died ? its on the left of u r death screen with "continue playing" in the center and "exit to main menu" on the right any chance u missed it ?

pbpoovanna said:
yes u can upload only when u die :D so kill youself if u are too tired and upload that score didnt u have an option on the left saying "upload scores to web" ?? after u died ? its on the left of u r death screen with "continue playing" in the center and "exit to main menu" on the right any chance u missed it ?
ok got it i am daft after all thank's

Glad to see it's working for most people now.

Anyone else have the problem with the register.exe where it just won't let you type anything into any of the fields? Ctrl+v doesn't work either. Tried running it as admin, disabling antivirus, nothing helps. It's really weird.

Ok fixed it. I remembered I had the same problem when I tried to register the game originally, hat to reset the display font size to default.

Now the next problem: The launcher doesn't accept my forum login/password. What gives? Is it because of the apostrophe in the username?

Yeah my launcher looks just liek that i have tw2ak since before they released the patch to remove the need to register your copy to be able to play and still i cant upload some lame scores

Yes i used the forum credentials to reregister i even deleted my old reg entry with the serial key , as it was sugested some posts before me...nope nofing works lame.

edit i tried different difficulty levels (just for lol no its not tied to that) aparently there is some weird error that prevents me from uploading as with others...shame.

plvmlq said:
Yeah my launcher looks just liek that i have tw2ak since before they released the patch to remove the need to register your copy to be able to play and still i cant upload some lame scores

Yes i used the forum credentials to reregister i even deleted my old reg entry with the serial key , as it was sugested some posts before me...nope nofing works lame.

edit i tried different difficulty levels (just for lol no its not tied to that) aparently there is some weird error that prevents me from uploading as with others...shame.

Just out of curiosity, where do you have your game from. GOG or Steam? I have the Steam version, maybe it has something to do with it?

Deleted registry key, logged in through launcher, still no upload.

It would be nice to know why exactly it fails.

UK retail version btw.

Top Bottom