Card Ideas

+
Name: Unstable Shell Obelisk
Faction: Neutral.
Category: Artifact
Provision cost: 8
Description:
Defender. After 3 turns on turn end or whenever you pass, destroy self.

(11 provision)
/not doomed herself;/ I was thinking strengthen self, and also all other Ciris, when going to graveyard. So if you kill her by yourself the round you play her, with no other units in graveyard, she'll pop out with 6str so at least Muzzle and Ardal won't instantly steal her, unless they have 1 dmg :(
Idea was to make any kind of Sieze immunity, but still I guess most handy would be just "Sieze immunity" written on card...
CiriNova.png

Last edited:
no just a tag, idk googled it to make the same tags as are now, didn't open the game to check.. maybe should be Cursed, whatever

Couldnt there be cards that create special cards? Like Trish but with neutral gold cards, the 8 provision cards that pull from deck for example. Ermion has his ability to pull an alchemy in ranged but also create a Mandrake in Melee and be more or less like a Peter from Nilfgaard. Fauve could do the same or play a Trial of the Grasses or a Decoy(since ST has a lot of synergy with specials a 7 prov better and Decoy combos with elves). Menno the Glorious hunt... I dont know about balance but it would make the cards more fun to play and more flavour for the factions to be tied to one golden neutral card and enables to play golden specials twice in a game , the Heng Gaidth Sword would be more useful(since there arent many 2 pt cards that are interesting to play from it) and makes it more interactive since you commit points via the unit.

Attachments

• Ermion (1).png
    Ermion (1).png
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
I thought I would come with some ideas for some more mages, since I find them very lacking. Some cards that present them in their "prime" and not in a worn-down/being burnt at the stake moment. I'm hoping for some more mage-type decks personally, wouldn't mind seeing Philippa become a leader either, but I miss having her in the NR-Deck ;n;

Hope they're not too overpowered the cards I've come up with xD

Attachments

• Rectoress_Margarita_of_Aretuza.png
    Rectoress_Margarita_of_Aretuza.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 145
  • Sabrina_Glevissig.png
    Sabrina_Glevissig.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 158
  • Philippa_Eilhart.png
    Philippa_Eilhart.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
  • Triss_Merigold.png
    Triss_Merigold.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
Couldnt there be cards that create special cards? Like Trish but with neutral gold cards, the 8 provision cards that pull from deck for example. Ermion has his ability to pull an alchemy in ranged but also create a Mandrake in Melee and be more or less like a Peter from Nilfgaard. Fauve could do the same or play a Trial of the Grasses or a Decoy(since ST has a lot of synergy with specials a 7 prov better and Decoy combos with elves). Menno the Glorious hunt... I dont know about balance but it would make the cards more fun to play and more flavour for the factions to be tied to one golden neutral card and enables to play golden specials twice in a game , the Heng Gaidth Sword would be more useful(since there arent many 2 pt cards that are interesting to play from it) and makes it more interactive since you commit points via the unit.
Those special card tutprs are already too strong for 8 provisions with the only downside of bricking. Removing that downside and giving them a secondary option makes them a lot stronger. It should be at least 10 provisions in that case. But I would like having them in such a fashion.

I thought I would come with some ideas for some more mages, since I find them very lacking. Some cards that present them in their "prime" and not in a worn-down/being burnt at the stake moment. I'm hoping for some more mage-type decks personally, wouldn't mind seeing Philippa become a leader either, but I miss having her in the NR-Deck ;n;

Hope they're not too overpowered the cards I've come up with xD
Sabrina is far too good. With a single mage, she already damages all enemies by 1. (Non-allied mages too though). But it shouldn't be difficult against not control decks to keep 2 or 3 mages on the board, which means that she will be able to deal 3 damage to every enemy, which is nuts.

Phillipa is really fitting, though there isn't a female tag yet. Margritta is ok. Triss is difficult to judge, but an interesting design.

I would really like to have more mages in NR. The lodge was the one basically ruling over the northern kingdoms from behind and every king had powerful sorcerers. Mages being hardly even present feels wrong. I really hope they are going to be the next expansion.

To add a couple more mage ideas for NR:

Tissaia de Vries:
5 strength, 10 provisions. On turn end boost all allies with charges by 1. Deploy: If you have 3 or more mages, gain Shield.
She should be an alternative Dandelion.

Hen Gedymdeith :
4 strength, 9 provisions. Whenever this units gains a charge, damage a random enemy by 1. Order (Requires 5 charges): Gain Resilence. Charges: 0

Marti Södergren:
3 strength, 7 provisions. Zeal. Order: Heal all allies and give them charges equal to the amount healed.

Royal Advisor (Mage):
Formation. 3 strength, 6 provisions. Whenever you use your leader, gain a charge. Order: Give an ally armor equal to this units charges. Charges 0

Aretuza Guard (Soldier):
5 strength, 6 provisions. On turn end give adjacent units with charges 1 armor.

Town Mage:
4 strength, 4 provisions. Zeal. Order (melee): Boost an ally equal to its charges. Order (ranged): Give an ally armor equal to its charges.

Sabrina is far too good. With a single mage, she already damages all enemies by 1. (Non-allied mages too though). But it shouldn't be difficult against not control decks to keep 2 or 3 mages on the board, which means that she will be able to deal 3 damage to every enemy, which is nuts. ...

I was thinking that the "balancing" would be that it wouldn't hit mages, but everything else, even allied troops. As she uses Melge's fire to weaken both sides and kill Vandergrift which was on her side as well. So if you would have any units on your side of the board that isn't mages they too would be damaged. But if the enemy also has "mage" units, they wouldn't be hurt, as they "would be able to protect themselves from Melge's Fire." so to speak :>

Margarita was more in sync with her character, that she wouldn't let her Adepts die, so she would buff them (and mages) each turn, as she's hinted at being the strongest of the human Sorceresses in the books, so I would like to give her a strong ability that reflects that, but most people wouldn't really know her much besides the small bit she plays in the game.

Also I gave Triss Resilience, since she survived Sodden, so I felt I couldn't pass it up xD

Though I also wouldn't mind seeing some more bronze mage cards that could play into the whole mage-archtype. Throw in some golems as well for good measure, maybe even a Megascope as an artifact xD

I was thinking that the "balancing" would be that it wouldn't hit mages, but everything else, even allied troops. As she uses Melge's fire to weaken both sides and kill Vandergrift which was on her side as well. So if you would have any units on your side of the board that isn't mages they too would be damaged. But if the enemy also has "mage" units, they wouldn't be hurt, as they "would be able to protect themselves from Melge's Fire." so to speak :>
While I understand the reasoning, if a player would play her, he would make sure to mainly play mages, such that the downside is only a deck building one and not one really happening in games.

Modolf - Skellige
5 Strength gold unit
Provisions: ??

Order: Use 4 charges to spawn and play a Savage Bear.
Deploy, Bloodthirst 3: Gain 3 charges and Zeal.
Charge: 1.
Whenever an enemy takes damage, gain 1 Charge.

The question is: how much would this cost?

On the surface it seems like a combination between Svanrige and Dagur Two Blades but the idea behind this card is to:
a) make use of the skellige ping cards in other ways than "boost by 1"
b) give some love for the savage bear

And speaking for savage bears
Tuirseach Bearmaster
Deploy: Give an allied unit Vitality for 2 turns, increased by the number of Savage Bears in your graveyard.

or

Zeal.
Deploy: Gain 1 Charge for each Savage Bear in your graveyard.
Order: Give an allied unit Vitality for 2 turns.
Charge: 1.

A rather straight forward design. It should be great for boost NR, but also for wide SY with Blacksmith.
Siegfried_of_Denesle_.png

Cursed_spoon (1).png

Spotted wight is also doomed ofc. (just forgot to add)
Would be lifesaver in a Glusty-consume deck.

Top Bottom