CD PROJEKT Group: Strategy Update

+
Bye-bye, Cyberpunk 2077 online.
jocko-bio-image-2-500x500.png

Good.

I was reading through reddit on this topic and I'm actually baffled by the amount of people saying that they're gonna abandon Cyberpunk after they're done fixing bugs. This game along with the Witcher is and will be the CORE focus of CDPR. I'm also glad that they postponed the expansions so they have enough time to fix the game and add small DLC's for the remainder of this year. Nothing is more important than to have a solid base that you can build upon.

About CP77 I understood that they will launch multiplayer (maybe in 2022-23), but it will take more time to make changes in studio, fix and expand the game as they promised, release Next-gen consoles patch etc. It could be posible to see a new big expansion before MP is released.

I'm happy because that means that Night City will be alive for many years.

was reading through reddit on this topic and I'm actually baffled by the amount of people saying that they're gonna abandon Cyberpunk after they're done fixing bugs.
Nothing but a common industry practice. "The game is shit, we're sorry, let's move on the next conveyor title".

That's understandable tbh.
This game along with the Witcher is and will be the CORE focus of CDPR.
I hope so, it definitely needs a year or more of a dense development -- the game's core, not talking about DLCs. I won't be tired by repeating that.

Good news, I think?

Guest 3847602

I was reading through reddit on this topic and I'm actually baffled by the amount of people saying that they're gonna abandon Cyberpunk after they're done fixing bugs.
Reddit or twitter being full of it. Never happened before :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure if good or bad. The way Gamespot spun it left the feeling of "we're not even going to pretend and just openly be like every other developer that's been bad for consumers".

CDPR didn't need to reboot as CDPR 2.0, they just needed to actually be the developer they were pretending to be with Cyberpunk and ditch the deceit. Overall meh. Especially if online Singleplayer is going to be the thing.

I was reading through reddit on this topic and I'm actually baffled by the amount of people saying that they're gonna abandon Cyberpunk after they're done fixing bugs. This game along with the Witcher is and will be the CORE focus of CDPR.
Not gonna lie, all their doom and gloom was getting to me. I was worried :sad: So glad they were all wrong.

About CP77 I understood that they will launch multiplayer (maybe in 2022-23), but it will take more time to make changes in studio, fix and expand the game as they promised, release Next-gen consoles patch etc. It could be posible to see a new big expansion before MP is released.

I'm happy because that means that Night City will be alive for many years.
They cancelled the standalone MP, it will now be included in the singleplayer sequel as a MP mode (think GTA5 and GTA:O). Glad they did, singleplayer stories are the biggest strength of CDPR and with a universe as promising as Cyberpunk's on their hands, it's gonna work better this way with priority on the singleplayer.

Bye-bye, Cyberpunk 2077 online.

Did you even saw the presentation?

The last and third chapter was about, Online.

Every time someone said online, it was like feeding a candie into an investors. Which was the main purpose of this presentation after all.

Sure they will release SP games, but all of them will have Online, even The Witcher franchise.

I just hope they know that nothing of this will ever work if they do not fix cp2077 (yeah..this cop system is just not gonna cut it)

Did you noticed what was the first block that feeded both engines?..

That's what Ubisoft did like, 5 years ago.

They cancelled the standalone MP, it will now be included in the singleplayer sequel as a MP mode (think GTA5 and GTA:O). Glad they did, singleplayer stories are the biggest strength of CDPR and with a universe as promising as Cyberpunk's on their hands, it's gonna work better this way with priority on the singleplayer.

I don't know why, but it sound much better than a standalone client/game for MP. I think that a cooperative game playing for some SP/MP misions or procedural misions would be great in addition to PVP matchs would be the best option for this game. Of course this must be after 1st expansion release at least.

They abandoned the stand alone MP because it wasn't worth it anymore after the mess they made with CP2077. A large chunk of players is already gone and MP was probably going to be a microtransation hell which would cost them another good chunk of players. They probably want to support CP2077 just to get it back on PS store at least ( cosmetic dlcs and expansions ) as fast as possible and finally move on. I don't blame them, the sunk cost is too high now. We will see if they bounce back, no reasons to fully trust them now.

I have a xbox one x the game was playing good but then the update 1.2 crash my other save so i create i new ( V ) and i just cant play the fist mission in the game because the bots are glitching. Idelete the game and dowload back with the 1.2 and i still can not do the mission because the png are glich. I need help im about to fuck the cd up. Thanks you.

Did you understand the presentation?

The standalone CP Online was cancelled.

You really didn't saw what they did in there.

The standalone product was canceled, but not the online.

Who in their right mind wold buy a Mp version of CP2077?.. Heck who in their right mind wold even buy CP2077 SP we have right now..

Patch the game, focus on basic fixes that are needed for the MP, save resources on a product that simply wold not sell, launch MP for free, be the good guys now because, well, it's free. Last step, milk.

They didn't change anything when it comes to what's next. The MP will come and that is a basic phylosophy for all their products as of future projects.

Which is worrisome.. Very worrisome.. Because we all know where this road will lead, hence why we all thought back in December that CP2077 wold be the holy grail that wold save us from mediocrity that is every AAA live focused services...

Oh boy, little did we knew...

You know that game outriders that is due to come out this month?... Man.. It was the most boring game I've played in the last years... It felt like I have played that same gamr 5 times before.

You really did saw what they did in there.

The standalone product was canceled, but not the online.

Who in their right mind wold buy a Mp version of CP2077?.. Heck who in their right mind wold even buy CP2077 SP we have right now..

Patch the game, focus on basic fixes that are needed for the MP, save resources on a product that simply wold not sell, launch MP for free, be the good guys now because, well, it's free. Last step, milk.

They didn't change anything when it comes to what's next. The MP will come and that is a basic phylosophy for all their products as of future projects.

Which is worrisome.. Very worrisome.. Because we all know where this road will lead, hence why we all thought back in December that CP2077 wold be the holy grail that wold save us from mediocrity that is every AAA live focused services...

Oh boy, little did we knew...

You know that game outriders that is due to come out this month?... Man.. It was the most boring game I've played in the last years... It felt like I have played that same gamr 5 times before.

I'm with you in that they didn't cancel CP2077 MP. They cancelled it as a standalone but it's still happening. It's scale and scope will surely be reduced to accommodate this but it's still happening.

But our opinion diverge here - I'm not too worried about them wanted to add MP to their franchises. If it's done right. Right now it sounds a lot like they want to have a very cautious approach to all of it and rightfully so. A jump to meaningful MP isn't easy and requires a proper content pipeline which they simply lack right now. Although they aim to change it, it's not happening overnight and I don't expect CP2077 MP anytime soon.

Bottom line, as long as they keep true to their stated goal of creating SP games playing on their strengths I don't really mind some tacked on MP. I don't see it becoming a focus of theirs anytime soon.

Top Bottom