CD PROJEKT RED and GOG.com Summer Conference Invitation

+

tgam

Forum regular
Good work so far,
however some detais disturb me, for example ..

View attachment 3785
[00:50] This sword looks far too heavy for a young woman (in my opinion too heavy even for Geralt`s fast strike style - I`m not a fan of big weapons) and it is definitely not The Swallow.

View attachment 3784
[01:40] Yen`s hair could be more "ravenous black".

[01:43] Marigold is a man of many skills, every other time he shows a different face, maybe it is his way of surviving wrath of jealous husbands. :p

[02:13] Oh and in the last scene, is it Dudu?
[00:10] And in the second scene too. :)

Attachments

• yen.jpg
    yen.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 54
  • ciri.jpg
    ciri.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 52
My first reaction to seeing ciri was holy crap I bet that made zorn's day. Was actually glad for him :)

Thank you, that's kind of you. :)

I was very, very happy to see my favorite character come alive on the screen,
to me it was a moving and epic moment - and so was the rest of the trailer~

Oh and... here, have a REDpoint for your kindness.

My reaction to the Ciri scene was: "Man, Charles Dance really does a good job of voicing over this scene."

Good work so far,
however some detais disturb me, for example ..

View attachment 3785
[00:50] This sword looks far too heavy for a young woman (in my opinion too heavy even for Geralt`s fast strike style - I`m not a fan of big weapons) and it is definitely not The Swallow.

And Geralt's unrealistic longswords on the back don't disturb you?-) Pulling out such sword from the back is impossible, let alone sheathing it.

You can't honestly tell how big the sword is, because we don't know how tall Ciri is and we have nothing to compare her with. To me, at least, it looks to be light. Narrow blade, stylish, something suited for a lady. I'm totally fine with it.

As for the location, I think it's somewhere in Skellige, since you can see longboats in the distance right in the opening frames when she's running.

Last edited:
My reaction to the Ciri scene was: "Man, Charles Dance really does a good job of voicing over this scene."
Yeah, the only underwhelming part of the trailer. I just can't get into the way Ciri looks. Nothing about her design seems unique. And the grey hair was the last thing I'd hoped they would do. I gotta quit bitching about it I guess...

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

Yeah, the only underwhelming part of the trailer. I just can't get into the way Ciri looks. Nothing about her design seems unique. And the grey hair was the last thing I'd hoped they wouldn't do. I gotta quit bitching about it I guess...

Underwhelming? The entire male withers cameo segment is less impressive both aesthetically and technically, notably that skeletal figure whose hair is in fact fettuccini seems to belong in a different game from a different era when contrasted with Ciri's accomplished design.

She's got a leather tunic with a gem belt. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that in fantasy games.

Jupiter_on_Mars

She's got a leather tunic with a gem belt. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that in fantasy games.

Well, that's like saying Geralt is a generic character because he wields a sword..

Her belt isn't green, rather it's encrusted with bluish gems. All in all, her garments are beautiful, stylish and unique. Probably hers is the wisest wardrobe choice in the entire trailer.

Underwhelming? The entire male withers cameo segment is less impressive both aesthetically and technically, notably that skeletal figure whose hair is in fact fettuccini seems to belong in a different game from a different era when contrasted with Ciri's accomplished design.

Male withers cameo?

Male withers cameo?

He meant the male "witchers" cameo segment, it's just a typo. Happens.

And I agree with him - while I was glad to see every character that appeared in this trailer,
the focal point of it was Ciri and in my humble opinion CDPR outdid themselves with it.

You can tell that a lot of hard work and passion flows into every aspect of TW3, including the trailers.

So if people don't like Ciri, that is fine with me - we are all entitled to our own opinion.
But please don't blame it on CDPR's execution, because like it or not - the trailer was nothing short of a masterpiece.

He meant the male "witchers" cameo segment, it's just a typo. Happens.

And I agree with him - while I was glad to see every character that appeared in this trailer,
the focal point of it was Ciri and in my humble opinion CDPR outdid themselves with it.

You can tell that a lot of hard work and passion flows into every aspect of TW3, including the trailers.

So if people don't like Ciri, that is fine with me - we are all entitled to our own opinion.
But please don't blame it on CDPR's execution, because like it or not - the trailer was nothing short of a masterpiece.

Is this the best next generation trailer? Best trailer of all time?

Is this the best next generation trailer? Best trailer of all time?

I don't know, that depends on one's personal taste and preferences.
All I can tell you is that it's really well executed, a true masterpiece of a trailer.

To me personally, it definately is the best next generation trailer~

Does GOG.com allow preloading the game before release date, then unlocking?
I wanna play it on the 24th instead of waiting for the game to download.

Top Bottom