Cinematic clothes

+
Cinematic clothes

Has anybody created a mod or has been able to fix the clothes during the cinematic scenes?

Example: If using the DLC Ciri outfit, it switches to default during the Battle of Kear Morhen. Does the same for the other 2 ladies.

Those pre-rendered scenes are a bad decision made on CD Project's partvprobably due to money or time constraints. Nothing we can do about it sadly.

LukeSparow;n9762721 said:
probably due to money or time constraints.
I'd be more inclined to believe that they were pre-rendered in order to maintain control over lighting, and other, rather changeable, in-game variables. As I recall, most of those scenes had quite specific artistic choices and effects.

Should be able to do that by just loading a particular ToD and weather type too though.
Pre-rendered scene's often come upnwhen certain fx's are played (Wild Hunt related magic for example) or during Geralt's flashbacks.

Both cases should be doable without pre-rendered scenes, but I imagine it took too much time or moneyand going the pre-rendered way would save either of those.

Pre-rendered scenes are often used as loading screens. Which is what i imagine they are used for.
In almost every case in the w3 those scenes were used when transitioning to other areas or with big changes to the environment.

Last edited:
I would be inclined to agree about the pre-rendering, but for the exception of the leaving of White Orchard. If you have the DLC Yen enabled, they ride off (Yen still in DLC) When the Wild Hunt appears, non DLC clothes on until the bridge scene. As Yen is charging up a ball of bridge destruction power, she's in DLC Outfit.

So is it really pre-rendering, or just not fix it because of time restraints and hoping among themselves that it would be addressed in one of the updates?

Last edited:
In that White Orchid scene you mention, there's a switch (well done IMHO) between in game and pre render takes, nothing more.

JUANMAS7ER;n9775361 said:
In that White Orchid scene you mention, there's a switch (well done IMHO) between in game and pre render takes, nothing more.

Exactly, which brings it back to maybe something that they were going to fix in a later update but then stopped updating after GOTY. That is how I see it, something that got canned for other bug fixes. Would just love to have that silly Red 3 Engine to fix everything, but that topic is over and done with. But this has been a good conversation and some learning on my part, I always love to learn something new.

Top Bottom