Crafting Mutagens is broken since 1.05

+
i have a similar problem can't craft superior red mutagen, it says i have only one red mutagen and need 3 but i have hundreds of red mutagens, so, there is a problem

I will add my complaint here along with the others instead of creating a new thread. I too cannot craft mutagens unless I drop one and pick it up.

SERIOUS BUG: Cannot Make More Than One Mutagen (Per Type) [1.05+]

1.05 has introduced a serious bug, mutagens are now falling under the same limit as bombs/potions in that you can only make one.

This makes making greater mutagens impossible unless you already had 3 lesser mutagens before applying the 1.05 patch.

(I didn't notice this issue until my next mutagen slot opened up and I found I couldn't make any more!)

I don't know if this affects other platforms as I only have Witcher 3 on PC.

PC 1.05

View attachment 16532

Attachments

• mutagen_bug.jpg
    mutagen_bug.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 53
Just wanna say that i'm having the same problem as well. Only happened after installing patch v1.05.

I needs mores of thems mutagens.....pleasesssssss...

PC_GogGalaxy_v1.05.

Is there a prpper fix for the Mutagen bug yet?

Yeah, I know I can drop the rest, and pick them up after crafting, but it is so convoluted. I was wiaiting for 1.05 to fix stuff, so I can finally start a proper walkthrough on Death March (have been just testing the game and playing around for 40 hours) but seeing how this just got introduced, I'm not sure. It needs a hotfix

After 1.5 patch cant make mutagens

Plz fix someone in next patch....
[video]https://youtu.be/yWeqoAPha5o[/video]

I believe it's a bug introduced in patch 1.05. To workaround it, is to first drop the higher tier mutagens on the ground and you should be able to combine the lesser ones. You can then pick up the greater mutagens you dropped on the ground.

No, mutagens are DEFINITELY affected. I can confirm this as well. The workaround works, but this is bugged and should be fixed.

This is like the 20th post about this. Can't you guys just... read one of the other topics before you create another one, only thing you're doing here is spamming. That's all. They know it's broken and they will fix it. It's not game breaking or anything. Also, given the fact that the bug was introduced on Friday, today's Monday, around lunch at Poland and even developers probably don't work during weekends, it's madness to want the fix now. There was no time to create it.

Also, it doesn't really need a hotfix. It may be a little bit complicated, but it's doable and not really tim consuming to work around the bug. And it's not like you create mutagnes all that often. I mean you can, but do you really need to? No, you don't.

How exactly do I drop Mutagens? I can drop everything thats in "Inventory", but Mutagens are in "Character" and I cant see an option to drop there...

Guest 3823474

Same problem here. Will use the mentioned workaround.

It's a common issue with patching. Instead of only patching errors, devs put new features in patches.
And every new feature is a potential new bug. -> New inventory filtering = new bug.
Yes, BTW, the inventory filtering settings aren't being saved. And neither is any sublist open/close state. Which is bothersome. All those features, old and new, lack a lot of usability. No big surprise though. The UI in Witcher 2 was a catastrophe.

Top Bottom