Crashing/Stuttering

+
Crashing/Stuttering

I hate being the guy who joins a forum and posts a thread that may well already exist but, as I have just bought and paid for the game, I thought it wouldn't cause too much hassle or problem.

A couple of things.

When I first booted the game after downloading it from steam, the game started and played as if the frame rate (something) was causing problems to the smoothness of the graphical output.

After reaching the arena to do my training, the game had already crashed five times. However, when I say crash I actually mean; freeze. This 'freezing' continued until I stopped playing the game to write this post (I completed the assault and went on to the 'movie' scene with the red hair girl.) I figured out a work around by ALT+TAB back to the desktop, then ALT+TAB back to the game and it appears to 'unlock' the freezing.

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Intel i7 @4GHz
GeForce 760
Memory 16Gb DDR3
SSD HDD
Keyboard/Mouse

As I have just downloaded and installed the game today (the game was released in 2011) I would have thought that it automatically installed the latest version that included all patches / updates?

Anything I can do to improve the game?

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi, can you give share a little more info
- Driver version
- Resolution
- Are you running fullscreen or windowed.

Also, which version? Steam or non-Steam? If it's not Steam, where did you get it? (Steam and Gog versions will definitely be the latest, but not necessarily so if it's from other sources)

All right mate! Apologies,

Downloaded and purchased through my steam account.
Graphics Card drivers were updated a few days ago: (10.18.14.4170) 355.82 WHQL
1920x1080 Full Screen Mode (no window)

Cheers for the reply.

Last edited:
You'll definitely have the most recent version.

Try it without the Steam Overlay stuff (or with Steam offline) and see if that solves the problem. I haven't heard anything about a recent issue, but there have been conflicts in the past, and the Steam client has been updated a few times recently.

Top Bottom