Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
dabrood said:
Just a little summary for the newcomers: a) At this point, everyone tried everything with the settings (AA, AF, driver stuff, In-Game-settings …)b) The only somewhat working solution so far is setting lighting to "low"c) It becomes less obvious on higher resolutionsd) It happens after any initial cutscene/dialogue regardless of DOF etc.e) There is no discernible pattern regarding hardware, OS and driver combinationsf) Projekt RED received enough information from us, it's really just a matter of patience now
REMARKABLE ANALYSIS/SUMMARY DABROOD.....we would need more people like you around here.Thanks!

Sigh...I'm never this impatient for a fix, but I really wanted to play this game on the new EE version before other games get released end of the month, like Fallout 3. As much as I love this game, if Fallout 3 is released and there is still no patch/fix for this, then I might be giving up on Witcher for a really long time. :-\

Draetor24 said:
Sigh...I'm never this impatient for a fix, but I really wanted to play this game on the new EE version before other games get released end of the month, like Fallout 3. As much as I love this game, if Fallout 3 is released and there is still no patch/fix for this, then I might be giving up on Witcher for a really long time. :-\
The problem in your perfect way of reasoning are mainly 2:1) By releasing EE with this major BUG they have already caused an abrubt interruption in the gaming experience of thousands of people all over the world. SHAME!!2) I agree with you that we might all move to other important games/titles, but why would they really care considering we have already paid the full price for the game? No significant financial loss from their perspective, thus no real worries!

It's as if you've never used a piece of commercial software in your life. Bugs happen to everyone.CDProjekt released the EE as a free update to everyone who owned the original release. FREE. You honestly think a company that does this would risk pissing off half of their fan-base by ignoring a glitch that seems to affect everyone?

Bugs happen indeed, but the simple fact that they do occur in my opinion it does not excuse CDProj. from the responsability of releasing a serioulsy bugged update!! MAYBE YOU FORGOT THAT WE ARE THE COSTUMERS.....

marcobonabello said:
Bugs happen indeed, but the simple fact that they do occur in my opinion it does not excuse CDProj. from the responsability of releasing a serioulsy bugged update!!
Seriously bugged? How did you determine that? Calm down it'll be fixed soon enough I hope. Maybe you forgot that your not the only person playing the game. I for one am not having MAJOR issues playing the game... yet. *croses fingers*Edit: Keep in mind some bugs can be system and even driver specific. Obviously if they new about the bug they wouldn't of released it before fixing it.

Everything is relative in life. If for you visuals are not so important than I guess tha game might work fine for you. But for me they are very important, thus I consider the bug of such entity that is preventing me from playing on. That is a MAJOR bug for me. But of course feel free to continue playing....and I shall continue waiting for this fix. At least for a lttle while more...:)

Lies...I paid $50 for this.Bugs are a part of all games, and even after full patched 5 years later, bugs may still exist, bugs that will still allow you to play the game fine, but not 100% perfect. This isn't a bug, this is an unplayable game due to graphics blinding my eyes.My eyes > Witcher (it was a close one though)

epmode said:
It's as if you've never used a piece of commercial software in your life. Bugs happen to everyone.CDProjekt released the EE as a free update to everyone who owned the original release. FREE. You honestly think a company that does this would risk pissing off half of their fan-base by ignoring a glitch that seems to affect everyone?
Not entirely true.. sure the update was free. But they have marketed their EE box set heavily, which is what I and a lot of other people purchased. Main selling point here was extra conctent and fixed bugs.So to be honest, I feel slightly cheated.I can respect that there will always be bugs, but this is a MASSIVE bug. I still don't know how it got passed their entire QA testing team. Like I said before, they should all atleast get a written warning for this. Not just for our inconvenience, but that such a huge and obvious error was overlooked. That's all they do.. QA, and they failed terribly.

rocsen said:
rocsen said:
Not entirely true.. sure the update was free. But they have marketed their EE box set heavily, which is what I and a lot of other people purchased. Main selling point here was extra conctent and fixed bugs.So to be honest, I feel slightly cheated.I can respect that there will always be bugs, but this is a MASSIVE bug. I still don't know how it got passed their entire QA testing team. Like I said before, they should all atleast get a written warning for this. Not just for our inconvenience, but that such a huge and obvious error was overlooked. That's all they do.. QA, and they failed terribly.
Exactly.I have been designing/developing software systems for over 20 years, and I find it absolutely appalling that they let a bug like this out. Whether the update is perceived as "free" or not is irrelevant. I find it even more unbelievable that they haven't given it priority one and fixed it by now simply based on the fact that it is a bug that affects everyone and is easy to duplicate. This bug was obviously introduced in EE. All they have to do is compare the 1.3 code against the EE code. And also, it's not like they don't have enough information to go on from the players. We have given specific information regarding the problem. So, what's the holdup?They say they are all about the fans and giving them what they want. So prove it and fix this problem ASAP so we can start playing the game.

Draetor24 said:
It's a good idea to read the rest of the comment before taking a single word out of context. But hey, it's the internet.And while we're wating for the patch, I suggest Rock Band 2's drums.

Here are a three basic points to consider:eek: The underlining Aurora engine is fairly old, no matter how much they enhanced ito They are using complex third party systems on top of each other (e. g. LUA and Speedtree)o There could be a totally remote reason (i. e. some broken DirectX function the EE incidentally uses)I suggest keeping calm. If there is no word by, say, the end of November, we can really start to worry. Venting frustration won't do any good, especially since this is the unofficial support. There's really no point to it, unless you call the official support and yell in the phone. Which I hope nobody does.

dabrood said:
Venting frustration won't do any good, especially since this is the unofficial support. There's really no point to it, unless you call the official support and yell in the phone. Which I hope nobody does.
Thats an old ongoing argument ;) I still maintain we do a better job than Atari Support ;)I yelled at Atari support once before for a different game, they just asked me, and I quote "If I wanted fried with that" - straight up!, so I hung up and sent them the game back with a letter from my solicitor.

[quote author=dabrood]If there is no word by, say, the end of November,...[/QUOTE]End of November? Whoa dude, that's being just a tad over-relaxed about it!Two months wait over a game I've been owning since February and been holding off until now with major expectations is going to be just a little too long, long enough for me too loose interest in playing it anyway (and I'm ye close already!)This bug better be sorted whithin the next 15 days MAX!Well, this is my opinion at least. I ain't going to wait another two months for a fix. No sir. I'm uninstalling the game much earlier than the end of November.And there's no way I'll revert to 1.3.Thing that hurts me the most is the news page with all the ooohs and the aaahs, while for me this game has become completely unplayable.On the other end I'm confident CDPR is working hard to solve this crap.

Two things I would like to know:1) Could we have an ETA. Are we talking a few more days, weeks or months???2) For users, like me, who have purchased the EE edition, is there a way to go back to the 1.3 update that supposedly does not contain the BUG?

rocsen said:
rocsen said:
it's as if you've never used a piece of commercial software in your life. Bugs happen to everyone.cdprojekt released the ee as a free update to everyone who owned the original release. Free. You honestly think a company that does this would risk pissing off half of their fan-base by ignoring a glitch that seems to affect everyone?
not entirely true.. Sure the update was free. But they have marketed their ee box set heavily, which is what i and a lot of other people purchased. Main selling point here was extra conctent and fixed bugs.so to be honest, i feel slightly cheated.i can respect that there will always be bugs, but this is a massive bug. I still don't know how it got passed their entire qa testing team. Like i said before, they should all atleast get a written warning for this. Not just for our inconvenience, but that such a huge and obvious error was overlooked. That's all they do.. Qa, and they failed terribly.
i totally agree!!!

Rocinante said:
Exactly.I have been designing/developing software systems for over 20 years, and I find it absolutely appalling that they let a bug like this out. Whether the update is perceived as "free" or not is irrelevant. I find it even more unbelievable that they haven't given it priority one and fixed it by now simply based on the fact that it is a bug that affects everyone and is easy to duplicate. This bug was obviously introduced in EE. All they have to do is compare the 1.3 code against the EE code. And also, it's not like they don't have enough information to go on from the players. We have given specific information regarding the problem. So, what's the holdup?They say they are all about the fans and giving them what they want. So prove it and fix this problem ASAP so we can start playing the game.
LET US ALL READ AND LEARN.......:) Thanks Rocinate for sharing your experience with us.CDProject, SHAME!!
Rocinante said:
I suggest keeping calm. If there is no word by, say, the end of November, we can really start to worry. Venting frustration won't do any good, especially since this is the unofficial support. There's really no point to it, unless you call the official support and yell in the phone. Which I hope nobody does.
Mate, this time I think you are just a bit too acommodating with CD Project. End of November is faaaar to much time, at least in my opinion. They need to fix this much earlier, at least if they want to keep people playing this game at all.......Since this is only the Unofficial support, has anyone addressed the OFFICIAL support then?I agree, yelling on the phone often doesn't really help, but waiting here all relaxed and faithfully relying on CD project without even fully akwnoledging their responsabilities probably won't help either......we need to find out the best way to put some (constructive) pressure on them!
Australians love The Witcher - another 10/10!08.10.2008, 11:45Comments: 14 It is really cool to find out that Australian gamers and media are falling in love with The Witcher: Enhanced Editon. Another great review and just another maximum score of 10/10 proves that - "Hyper" magazine, one of the largest gaming publication in Australia has given the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher the perfect note, adding some nice quotes as well.“The witcher Enhanced is the definitive RPG”“Suffice to say, it’s awesome”“Fantastic story, improved voice acting, looks great and is excellent value”“The quissential version of an already fantastic game”
DO WE LIVE ON THE SAME PLANET???[mod]use the EDIT button[/mod]

I THINK WE DO!Hasn't it been covered already that not everyone has the bug and not everyone can see it even if they have it? Obviously the reviewer is part of either group. Nothing mysterious about it, certainly not alienish. ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom