Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to post system specs, in case this helps the devs :pentium D @ 2.6 ghz , GeForce 7600gs, 1 gb ddr1 ram running on Windows xp sp2 (32 bit), and nvidia 178.13 drivers (previosly had 16x.xx something, can't remember, about 6 months old anyway, upgraded after seeing the bug), and no, absolutely nothing is overclocked and it never has.and no, switching to medium lighting quality does not help, it just reduces the blur by a very small percentage.oh and btw, since some people were blaming lcd scaling issues i have a 21 inch crt, and yes, at the resolution i play (1024) the blur is VERY visibleLE: Also all nvidia settings are at default in the control panel (let the application decide), tried playing with AA, Anisotropic, and all the others (even v-sync ;D), nothing worked

Dunno really.To me it rather looks like everyone has the same type of problem, but probably each experiences it to a different degree.....not forgetting that whoever bought directly the 1.4 version of the game might not even know about it.

After game load, and i talk with any npc, the in-game, not cut-scene graphic is going very blured. I buy the game one month ago, the russian ND verision. The techsupp of ND can't help me. HOW LONG i must wait for fix, answer me please. My pc : AMD Athlon 3800+, ATI Radeon X1650 PRO 256 mb, 1GB Ram, catalyst 8.9. Playing on 1024x1768, all settings on high.Sorry for my bad english.

Again, there seems to be no pattern that would link the bug to certain pieces of hardware. At least not that I can see, anyway. There has to be a commonality, but it's not our job to find it. It could be as simple as a line of shader code or as complicated as some deeply hardcored stuff that has zilch to do with the graphics, but messes them up.

dabrood said:
Again, there seems to be no pattern that would link the bug to certain pieces of hardware. At least not that I can see, anyway. There has to be a commonality, but it's not our job to find it. It could be as simple as a line of shader code or as complicated as some deeply hardcored stuff that has zilch to do with the graphics, but messes them up.
Well, this problem was not present in pre-EE Witcher, so it can't be that difficult to dinf the culprit. Probably some stupidity like the cut-scene mode nto being properly deactivated.Btw, my specs are Intel E8400 and GeForce 8800GT.

I decided I will have to continue playing the game with the lighting level set at low. This isn't good at all, but I have no other real option! I can no longer afford to wait for this fix as there are simply too many games about to come out (see Fallout 3)...Pity that CDProject didn't manage to fix the issue by now. This significantly ruined my gaming experience.

marcobonabello said:
Well, lucky you then...I have the same graphic card (ATI 4850), in cross fire, but I have a huge graphic probelm.
Mobo chipset drivers for the PCI-e bridge maybe? (different mobo companys call them different things, "Northbridge", "ATI SMBus", "nVidia SLAsomthingsomthing", "PCI bus driver", "AMD Chipset Driver" )Its worth a shot.Vista+crossfire is still not quite right. And I still maintain its over rated for modern PC's. :angel:

I'm not convinced that you don't have the problem, to be honest. You mentioned earlier that it looks like a possible texture glitch. It's not. The geometry is blurred, not just the texture. The only thing that is unaffected is the 2D interface. Health bars, menus and the like.It just seems as though some people are more sensitive to the issue.

Been roughly a week and no comments from the devs!!!Could we please have an update???Failing this a work around as previously requested, so that users who purchased the EE edition can actually play the game.I've downloaded the 1.3 patch but can't figure a way to go from 1.4.5....... (whatever the EE version is) back to version 1.3Seems like the only solution may be to go torrenting and try and download an earlier version so I can actually play the game!Pity, that the only option currently available to me is to break the law to play a game I paid for!!!

Ok I just upgraded my system to 4870 and Phenom and guess what, ITS STILL THERE! Anyway I had to do it because I'm sick at playing only on medium settings.

marcobonabello said:
marcobonabello said:
Just a little summary for the newcomers: a) At this point, everyone tried everything with the settings (AA, AF, driver stuff, In-Game-settings …)b) The only somewhat working solution so far is setting lighting to "low"c) It becomes less obvious on higher resolutionsd) It happens after any initial cutscene/dialogue regardless of DOF etc.e) There is no discernible pattern regarding hardware, OS and driver combinationsf) Projekt RED received enough information from us, it's really just a matter of patience now
REMARKABLE ANALYSIS/SUMMARY DABROOD.....we would need more people like you around here.Thanks!
I agree, thanks Dabrood.Also, just to calm down some overly excitable doomsayers, I actually have contacted official support (and even linked them to this thread), they've sent a confirmation email that they have my service ticket, and they should already be looking into it. It can't hurt for everyone, who has this issue, to contact official support through whichever country (mine was Atari UK) they can receive it. I'll post back if I get something from Official Support.

Dewd, buddy we just need to keep this thread alive to let the developers know that almost everybody is experiencing the same problem. It also serves as unofficial depot for graphic cards having the issue. ;D

epmode said:
I'm not convinced that you don't have the problem, to be honest. You mentioned earlier that it looks like a possible texture glitch. It's not. The geometry is blurred, not just the texture. The only thing that is unaffected is the 2D interface. Health bars, menus and the like.It just seems as though some people are more sensitive to the issue.
Definatly cant see it. :( A+ for meSaphire 4850 + Phenom black edition on a Gigabyte GA-MA 770 series board running XP pro SP3 and Litestep Shell.

Watched this thread a while because I hoped someone would have a solution...Well, to keep this thread alive, let me tell you, I have got the same problem.My system: E6600, Geforce 8800 GTS 512, Windows XP Prof SP2Hope to see a solution or patch soon

Been lurking in this thread for a while as well. I too have this problem, though the original witcher didnt.Though theres heaps already, heres a comparison of the bug (look at the roofs):http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/70181/witcher%202008-10-12%2021-17-37-96.jpghttp://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/70181/witcher%202008-10-12%2021-18-24-91.jpgI've been scouring the Polish forums with my limited polish reading ability (I only speak it) in hope that a dev responded to this bug but they didnt.

halohunter said:
Been lurking in this thread for a while as well. I too have this problem, though the original witcher didnt.Though theres heaps already, heres a comparison of the bug (look at the roofs):http://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/70181/witcher%202008-10-12%2021-17-37-96.jpghttp://dl-client.getdropbox.com/u/70181/witcher%202008-10-12%2021-18-24-91.jpgI've been scouring the Polish forums with my limited polish reading ability (I only speak it) in hope that a dev responded to this bug but they didnt.
QA is aware of the problem

halohunter said:
Also look at the detail in Geralt's clothing. In the unblurred you can see folds in the fabric and even the texture of the cloth, but when its blurred the folds are less defined and the texture is definitely not apparent. Still pictures don't very well relate the issue, though, in full motion it can feel like your eyes are out of focus.

I guess the ultimate question is: how much longer will we need to wait for this fix?? For the time being I keep on playing at low lightning level, but I still hope to get a fix ASAP.Regarding Vista and Crossfire, in other games it functions well, and as everyone here has the same problem, I don't think it actually relates to my specific configuration (which, btw, is: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2,66GHz, 4 GB of RAM, 2 xATI 4850, Vista Business, GIGABYTE EX38T-DQ6 AND 1 TB of hard disk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom