Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
LordLethris said:
its funny how there is curently no common dimoninator between people who ahev the issue and people who dont.... :-\
maybe it's betwwen poeple that see it and who don't maybe

I took some time and put together all the system specifications named in this thread so far. These are the ones that have the bug. I made three versions of the table, one PDF, one for Excel and one for OpenOffice. They are in the ZIP-Archive, which is virus free. It's attached to this posting.I can't see any pattern in this mess, maybe some else can.EDIT: It appears I made some minor errors, like a system with two different graphic cards ;DMirror: http://rapidshare.de/files/40678714/systems_with_bug.zip.html

dabrood said:
Besides, why do some of you think that everyone suffers from this bug? There are several thousand players out there. So far, I estimate that 10% have this particular problem, at the most.
[rant]Welcome to the world of ignorant self involved people. They tend to think , sine I have the problem everyone must. I've encountered this... too many times. What's worse is when soemone else confirms that it is happening to them also. So out of millions that bought the game once 1-10 people say they have the problem, then we get this game is horribly bugged how dare they shove this filth upon me... Considering the lack of activity on this forum I'd say 10% is way more than the real number. Newbies think it is all about them, and their perfect machine that never had an issue with any other game so it must be happenning to everyone... [/rant]

dabrood said:
dabrood said:
I will say this. I DID notice the blurr for about 5 secs whilst the screen was refreashing "After" dialogue. But it went when the refresh finnished.
That's actually helpful, since it's exactly what happens to us, except it doesn't reset all the way, the blur just sticks around to spoil the fun. So the actual bug occurs a few seconds after the end of a cutscene. Maybe it's some sort of internal rounding error, returning the "OK, it's sharp again" a tad too soon.Besides, why do some of you think that everyone suffers from this bug? There are several thousand players out there. So far, I estimate that 10% have this particular problem, at the most.
...and on what do you base this estimate, Dabrood?

phalzyr said:
phalzyr said:
That is a MAJOR bug for me.
Yes I'm not debating that. For YOU it is serious. For the majority it isn't. So calling the game itself seriously bugged isn't acurate, especially since for most of those encountering the issue there is an easy work around. I'm not saying your claims are invalid just that in whole in and of it self the game functions fine. IF the majority thought the game was now unplayable.... Well this forum/thread would be way more active.IF you want this fixed faster convince more people you know that have the issue to send in the dxdiag and whatever else RED wants.BTW: This weekend I got to chapter two and issue didn't increase any as another poster commented about. I still have it at medium lighting and don't notice the blur...Lord_Lethris: Though there is no connection to who is having the problem maybe there is to the severity of the issue. Some of us can get by with medium some can't even get by on low...
You see mate, it is all a question of perspectives....I don't really care if others find a simple way around it or not....this remains insignificant to my INDIVIDUAL player perspective. I have a probem, I can't play, THUS the game is serioulsy bugged. For milions of other players maybe not....for me UNFORTUNATELY yes. Sure, maybe it is my PC to be seriously bugged..... :dead:..and by the way, I cant play with medium lightining, but thanks God I can do so with low lighting!

marcobonabello said:
...and on what do you base this estimate, Dabrood?
Only around 100-150 different people confirmed it in this thread, which in turn generated more than 9.000 pageviews. Since our own hits count as well, the real figure is much lower, say 3.000. Of course there are a lot of people who don't know about this forum or called the official support instead, so we can add roughly 10.000-15.000 to the total number. This last figure is open for debate, but I tend to set it relatively low. I checked some other forums and a similar discussion was nowhere to be found. I don't automatically assume that those people are blind or morons - they simply enjoy a perfectly running game.Let's put this together: 150+4.500+15.000=19.650. So, there are worldwide only about 20.000-25.000 people suffering from this blur-thingy. How many people bought the witcher? Several 100.000, apparently more than 600.000: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher/news.html?sid=6186042 (that was back in February, mind you). 25.000 from those 800.000 (including 200.000 buys since february) are about 3,115%.

Syvere said:
I think we may have something that's related to fullscreen mode only.
No such luck I'm afraid. I just tested, and fullscreen vs. window makes no difference, at least for me.
Syvere said:
..and by the way, I cant play with medium lightining, but thanks God I can do so with low lighting!
Same here, on medium it's still too noticable, low lighting seems to do the trick.But that in turn makes the game look quite lifeless, dull.

marcobonabello said:
You see mate, it is all a question of perspectives....I don't really care if others find a simple way around it or not....this remains insignificant to my INDIVIDUAL player perspective. I have a probem, I can't play, THUS the game is serioulsy bugged.
I think you missed my point. There is a difference between a game being seriously bugged, and there being a serious bug in a game. For a game to clasify as seriously bugged, the MAJORITY of people have to find the game unplayable due to said bug(s). Though it obviously isn't the case with this bug as there is no correlation with system specs (that we can see, maybe we all installed a certain program that bugged out our graphics in a very specific way that the witcher doesn't like... I installed a 3d editor 3dsmax and now I'm getting alot of windows errors when closing forms). Anyway normal serious bugs are system specific and can't be 100% erradicated during testing, because no dev can have all hardware/software combos.Again, I'm not saying there isn't a serious bug. I'm saying one serious bug(minority encountered) doesn't equal a seriously bugged game. No program is 100% bug free. I bet you all there testers didn't notice this bug and that how it got out. Like I said I really don't notice it on medium so maybe either there tester didn't encounter it or did but simply didn't notice because they didn't max settings... Now there are some game releases that made me think "how dare they" but the witcher EE isn't one of them.I understand it is unplayable for you, what I'm saying is give them info and time to fix it. calm down, relax, you can attract more flies with honey...etc.

dabrood said:
Only around 100-150 different people confirmed it in this thread, which in turn generated more than 9.000 pageviews. Since our own hits count as well, the real figure is much lower, say 3.000. Of course there are a lot of people who don't know about this forum or called the official support instead, so we can add roughly 10.000-15.000 to the total number. This last figure is open for debate, but I tend to set it relatively low. I checked some other forums and a similar discussion was nowhere to be found. I don't automatically assume that those people are blind or morons - they simply enjoy a perfectly running game.Let's put this together: 150+4.500+15.000=19.650. So, there are worldwide only about 20.000-25.000 people suffering from this blur-thingy. How many people bought the witcher? Several 100.000, apparently more than 600.000: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher/news.html?sid=6186042 (that was back in February, mind you). 25.000 from those 800.000 (including 200.000 buys since february) are about 3,115%.
As was stated numerous times in this thread, the "blur-thingy" was introduced in the EE version of the Witcher. If you want to play the numbers game with this, a more accurate number would be the # of downloads of the EE patch for existing registered owners of the Witcher + new purchases of the Witcher EE. Percentage derived from # of reported "blur-thingy" problems. Of course, you don't have all that data, so a semi-accurate number is impossible for you to calculate. So let's just take that 3,115% and throw in in the trash, shall we?

phalzyr said:
phalzyr said:
You see mate, it is all a question of perspectives....I don't really care if others find a simple way around it or not....this remains insignificant to my INDIVIDUAL player perspective. I have a probem, I can't play, THUS the game is serioulsy bugged.
I think you missed my point. There is a difference between a game being seriously bugged, and there being a serious bug in a game. For a game to clasify as seriously bugged, the MAJORITY of people have to find the game unplayable due to said bug(s). Though it obviously isn't the case with this bug as there is no correlation with system specs (that we can see, maybe we all installed a certain program that bugged out our graphics in a very specific way that the witcher doesn't like... I installed a 3d editor 3dsmax and now I'm getting alot of windows errors when closing forms). Anyway normal serious bugs are system specific and can't be 100% erradicated during testing, because no dev can have all hardware/software combos.Again, I'm not saying there isn't a serious bug. I'm saying one serious bug(minority encountered) doesn't equal a seriously bugged game. No program is 100% bug free. I bet you all there testers didn't notice this bug and that how it got out. Like I said I really don't notice it on medium so maybe either there tester didn't encounter it or did but simply didn't notice because they didn't max settings... Now there are some game releases that made me think "how dare they" but the witcher EE isn't one of them.I understand it is unplayable for you, what I'm saying is give them info and time to fix it. calm down, relax, you can attract more flies with honey...etc.
Cool cool....I take your point. Thew game isn't seriously bugged, but it just has a very serious bug (that in my case undermines the entire game)! Better?Now that we put the semantics right, shall we also try to fix this serious bug?

phalzyr said:
...maybe we all installed a certain program that bugged out our graphics in a very specific way that the witcher doesn't like...
This could be a good point...any thoughts? How about STEAM for instance?

marcobonabello said:
This could be a good point...any thoughts? How about STEAM for instance?
I don't have internet at home so no to steam ;)marcobonabello: It is getting looked into. How much we bicker doesn't matter ;) I was just against "The game is seriously bugged" statement because that is an atack upon the game, which happens to be better than almost any game I've played (bug wise). No I'm not a fan boy just looking big picture...

I can't believe you are actually trying to convince us that's it's not that serious. Taking people that view / post on the thread is absolutely no indication of how many people are effected. I can tell you now EVERYONE is effected by this. Some just more than others. We've had a very good mix of hardware configurations all reporting the same, so that's clearly not the determining factor.Graphically, this is the worst bug I've ever seen in my 15 years of gaming. And you can't tell me it casually 'slipped' passed their QA team. I bet you they knew about it before release, but couldn't hold back anymore. Either that or they are true muppets and not worthy of their titles.All software has bugs and it can probably never run 100% But it's the nature of the bug that's the problem. It's actually causing people headaches and eye strain. This is now not just an incovenience, but a health risk!This bug is MASSIVE! end of..

Believe me, there is no point in yelling about it.The Dev's are aware of the issue.Its not actually that bad. Its only bad for the few who have "Super human Vision" or are drunk who can actually see it. Its NOT a major bug. A Major bug is if the game keeps crashing, polygons streach across the screen or a rabbid hamster leaps out of your CD-Rom drive and chews your eyes out. Basicly anything that "halts" the gameplay.It is a minor bug. if not, a "tweek" more than anything.I still say its A DOF v's AA issue, as thats what kicks in when you goto a dialogue scene.

All this arguing is fun, but ultimately pointless. I doubt the developers are still reading any of this.

LordLethris said:
Believe me, there is no point in yelling about it.The Dev's are aware of the issue.Its not actually that bad. Its only bad for the few who have "Super human Vision" or are drunk who can actually see it. Its NOT a major bug. A Major bug is if the game keeps crashing, polygons streach across the screen or a rabbid hamster leaps out of your CD-Rom drive and chews your eyes out. Basicly anything that "halts" the gameplay.It is a minor bug. if not, a "tweek" more than anything.I still say its A DOF v's AA issue, as thats what kicks in when you goto a dialogue scene.
Ummm, no it is THAT bad. I'm sick of all these people trying to lessen the problem. Ever think that maybe, just maybe, since everyone has diffrent computers and videocards, ect, that just MAYBE this issue may vary from person to person? No thats impossible! Obviously everyone has it to the same degree as you right?Oh no wait... not me. I could play through the intro and chap one with lighting on low. A little blurry, but so freakin what right? Then once I hit chapter 2, it got worse, and now I can't play. Lighting still helps, but not as much as it used too. And I know others have had this get better and worse at various times.

Captbigbeard said:
Ummm, no it is THAT bad. I'm sick of all these people trying to lessen the problem. Ever think that maybe, just maybe, since everyone has diffrent computers and videocards, ect, that just MAYBE this issue may vary from person to person? No thats impossible! Obviously everyone has it to the same degree as you right?
WTF? ??? you have read what I put correctly? because what your saying is compleatly out of context.
Captbigbeard said:
Oh no wait... not me. I could play through the intro and chap one with lighting on low. A little blurry, but so freakin what right? Then once I hit chapter 2, it got worse, and now I can't play. Lighting still helps, but not as much as it used too. And I know others have had this get better and worse at various times.
Exit and re-load, try that.Try a higher screen rez. the smaller the pixels, the less notisable this blur is. try with DOF off. (i understand that someone already tried this but i think that doesn't help the problem, it might eaze the pain and suffering to your eyes for a few more chapters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom