Good?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 43.5%
  • Refund pre order and wait for stadia.

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
You could argue the same for console users. Quality of Internet doesn't necessarily correspond to their computer specs.

no, but the level of fidelity needed in the internet connection and then the hardware on your home end to make say the 4k option worth while (the option that is actually better than a console) is going to be a combination of clearly has a bunch of spending power, is interested in gaming but doesn't have their own hardware already.

which doesn't feel like it's going to be a lot of people.

Because this is not movie streaming, you have to be able to interact with this in real time which is going to need really good ping times to not feel like trying to control the game through some one else.

which are basically the same problems Online and Gaikai had when doing this 10 years ago.

This is not against CP2077 but chances of me going anywhere close to Stadia are absolute zero.

Last edited:
no, but the level of fidelity needed in the internet connection and then the hardware on your home end to make say the 4k option worth while (the option that is actually better than a console) is going to be a combination of clearly has a bunch of spending power, is interested in gaming but doesn't have their own hardware already.

4K is a red herring, and I wouldn't focus on it for "better than console". Practically anything is better than a console, when hardware is concerned. I.e. even 2K with high settings, which console simply can't handle, while Stadia easily could.

Having thought more about it, I decided on a hard "No". Why? I don't want good games on Stadia. Why? Because I would vastly prefer it to fail, just like OnLive did. Why? Because if it succeeds, more and more publishers will lean into the idea of streaming games only and the concept of actually owning games will be a fond memory, and when that happens? I find a new hobby.

Well. Although I coudn't care less for Stadia, there are a lot of people over there who would benefit. If they are ok with (probably) average graphical experience, and possible lags, thay may spare themselves expenses of buying a gaming machine. It's kind of sunday gaming :)

So the game comes to Stadia, then mGPU for Vulkan on the PC is confirmed? ...because Stadia requires mGPU working in the game... ...and we already saw it working in your gameplay demo...

Don't accept money from Nvidia for removing mGPU support on PC so they can sell more RTX cards!

Mutli GPU is interesting, but I don't think either radv or amdvlk drivers support it yet (not sure about the later). I tried finding out which of them Stadia uses, but there is no public info. For multi-GPU to work, they need to support VK_KHR_device_group* and friends.
Post automatically merged:

I don't see an implementation in radv (funnily, only anv - Intel Vulkan driver added support for it so far):

* https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commits/master?utf8=✓&search=VK_KHR_device_group
* https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/search?utf8=✓&search=VK_KHR_device_group&group_id=&project_id=176&search_code=true&repository_ref=master
Post automatically merged:

Oh, correction, amdvlk supports VK_KHR_device_group:
https://github.com/GPUOpen-Drivers/xgl/search?q=VK_KHR_device_group&type=Commits

But it's not clear if Stadia is using it, or radv like above.

Last edited:
Quake II RTX is running just fine with RTX, Vulkan and mGPU. No problem there. ...and that game was made by some dudes in a basement.

while I agree more options only make the game better. I think this move might of been better after seeing how the stadia will perform not only in performance. but also security-wise It would be unfortunate to have pirated copies leaked because of poor cybersecurity on stadia servers. Just seems like would of been better to of waited till month or two after that system launches

It would be unfortunate to have pirated copies leaked because of poor cybersecurity on stadia servers.

That's a total non issue. Games will be pirated without Stadia, and if Stadia versions will leak, they won't be playable without someone writing a shim to SDL and desktop Vulkan. And even after that, it will be only playable on Linux.

I say yes and no really It gives them wider potential player base yes. But on the other hand its an untested unproven platform. It could be amazing and everything works great, or it could be a nightmare of errors and security breaches. It would of been wiser, in my opinion, to have waited until the stadia had a few months active service to see if it is decent or not. It could easily turn out to be another Epic game store nightmare with lackluster security and performance compared to other options. its really a wait and see

That's a total non issue. Games will be pirated without Stadia, and if Stadia versions will leak, they won't be playable without someone writing a shim to SDL and desktop Vulkan. And even after that, it will be only playable on Linux.
any potential increase to a game getting pirated is going to be an issue and concern especially for developers.

and coding for linux is hardly an issue once familiar with the OS quirks. I could rewrite most games to change the supported OS from windows to Linux in a relatively short time if I wanted to take time to dig my old notes out of storage across town. I did it to diablo 1 and another game after professor messed up my laptop by interrupting bootNnuke and the only OS the system would accept was Linux.

any potential increase to a game getting pirated is going to be an issue and concern especially for developers.

Not to normal ones, who are already releasing their games DRM-free, like CDPR. Besides that potential is irrelevant in comparison with releases in stores which sell actual games.

I remember there was a time when PS3 (maybe PS4) was hit with multiple ddos attacks by some anonymous group going after gaming companies. The Playstation Network was shut down for more than a month. Hope that doesnt happen with Stadia.

I could see it being a serious possibility mostly because its new and some dont like change and will do anything to try to stop change happening too fast, just hope it doesnt mar the launch too badly

4K is a red herring, and I wouldn't focus on it for "better than console". Practically anything is better than a console, when hardware is concerned. I.e. even 2K with high settings, which console simply can't handle, while Stadia easily could.

You wouldn't, but they are, like the console manufactures do, because it gets big splashy numbers for the marketing to use.

also, what? since when can't the Pro and the One X not handle games well at 1080? specially for £300 - £400 boxes.

Top Bottom