Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
So, wait. Is it purely about visual fidelity? Is that why the game's "revolutionary"?

I mean people are suddenly very selective about what's considered "revolutionary".

The look and atmosphere is half the story telling in an RPG, this is why Infinity Engine games are incredible experiences to this day. The handcrafted look of every scene, the sounds, everything is timeless. Cyberpunk 2077 is like that except in a 3D environment, almost every single frame is incredible and the sound design is the best I've ever experienced.

I'm gaming since the mid 90s and Night City has given me feelings I haven't experienced in a long time. My first MMO, my first CRPG, the first time I played Doom. It gives me these feelings because Night City is something that has never been done in gaming. All other cities and hubs in games still feel gamey. GTA 5? It's still a cartoony city. Watch Dogs Legion tried to recreate London and it still feels like a cartoony gamey city.

Night City feels like a real city. It feels like something that exists, the views, the sounds, the attention to detail, no effort has been spared. No other game is comparable, so when people are saying that CP2077 doesn't do anything new, I'm gonna do a hard disagree on that. CDPR has achieved something incredible that will serve as the groundwork for their future work. The most beautiful game, the most amazing city in the most beautiful game.

I mean people are suddenly very selective about what's considered "revolutionary".

The look and atmosphere is half the story telling in an RPG, this is why Infinity Engine games are incredible experiences to this day. The handcrafted look of every scene, the sounds, everything is timeless. Cyberpunk 2077 is like that except in a 3D environment, almost every single frame is incredible and the sound design is the best I've ever experienced.

I'm gaming since the mid 90s and Night City has given me feelings I haven't experienced in a long time. My first MMO, my first CRPG, the first time I played Doom. It gives me these feelings because Night City is something that has never been done in gaming. All other cities and hubs in games still feel gamey. GTA 5? It's still a cartoony city. Watch Dogs Legion tried to recreate London and it still feels like a cartoony gamey city.

Night City feels like a real city. It feels like something that exists, the views, the sounds, the attention to detail, no effort has been spared. No other game is comparable, so when people are saying that CP2077 doesn't do anything new, I'm gonna do a hard disagree on that. CDPR has achieved something incredible that will serve as the groundwork for their future work. The most beautiful game, the most amazing city in the most beautiful game.
Not everyone has this experience. To me it looks hazy, blurry, grainy, textures not loading, far from beautiful.
Visually its does not looks such a wonder to me.
pic1.png

pic2.png

Not everyone has this experience. To me it looks hazy, blurry, grainy, textures not loading, far from beautiful.
Visually its does not looks such a wonder to me.

Wow I have never seen that in over 100h of gameplay. That's not how it's supposed to look like and I hope they will soon address these issues so you can enjoy the game as well.

My disappointment can't be described by words. But i appreciate stunning world level design with graphic.

Last edited:
Night City feels like a real city.
Only on the surface. As soon as you do almost anything in game this feeling vanishes like smoke. And I mean "anything" - even turning around can cause this effect to go "poof" (say hello to standing NPCs suddenly changing appearance / vanishing / etc).

So, as I said - perhaps if CDPR had stuck the landing, then maybe? Otherwise this is just such a stretch...

Until their "next gen" npc's which are actually zombies break the immersion of the whole city...

I would say cyberpunk 2077 in enjoyable game, interesting narrative, interesting characters and immersive world, BUT fuck how much missed opportunities are in this game is mind BLOWING.
Overall i would they did not deliver single promise, its lesser game then witcher3.

Snowball in hell, like chance for this reaching developers of this game. And snowball in hell that this reaches people who don't necessarily even like story driven games, because why would they be reading this forum and going through all these posts here and reading this. Also, too long.

Screw me, I take even those chances, because this game, it really was that good.

A lot has been discussed about tech side of things but I finished the game just fine. There are multiple endings and game left me curious enough to try two other endings too. I didn't encounter any issues with those either. I played on Xbox One X

Platform: Xbox One X
Game version: Two Blu-Ray disc edition, day 0 to 1.06
Character: Male, straight, Nomad
Game difficulty: Normal
Other: 55" Smart TV, dedicated sound amp, game pad. I don't know if game supports keyboard and/or mouse on Xbox

Performance: With 1.06 patch very good. There were only two very noticeable framerate drops that were repeatable. Always driving a car (in car perspective, don't know if issue remains in 3rd. person view). Always mid wide turn, one area at City Center, don't remember exact location. Watson fps drop was perhaps somewhere close Misty's place and ripped doc, not sure.

Expectations. Cyberpunk 2077 exceeded them easily.

I read Gibson's Neuromancer, during early '90s. Technically lot of stuff were hopelessly outdated, but there were other things in that book, things that I thought intersected with reality, that launched me to do other things. Good education, read a lot of non fiction not related directly to my profession and other mundane things.

I expected that CP 2077 would take some aspect of genre, but it does far more than that. It can be played like action adventure, but it's RPG with many possibilities for different kind of build that can solve problems differently, there are consequences for player decisions.

But most importantly, It's very multilayered game in ways that it can be played and completed while enjoying the genre tropes, but that's not the only way we can play it.
It's also game that transcends way beyond those tropes, things that matter for player like me. We can't explore transhumanism if we don't understand what is human, and game does that way beyond I have ever seen in games.
Same can be said about an AI. We wont have any hopes ever, to make any informed decisions regarding it, something very different to us, if we don't understand even our own consciousness.

I'm at loss of words and can only echo what some other people have wrote. Stick with your vision.

The game is very lacking in quality of life features...
The menus are not from a game from 2020...
The city is grrat but is just a faced...so much talk about verticalaty and man...theres nothing to do in the city aside from the gigs and side missions...there is no sense or some reason to explore...every building is closed,stores have signs sayimg open 24hours,but are closed...there are no side activities...in gameplay wise,the story is goog...it shines,and when that happens im like...what?i think this is going to be a game of whys,and i hope that they fix the game,but after fixing the bugs(someones i like them makes the game more funny)the real problems will start to reveal the lack of things the game has...

Nope. Not true.

His statement is absolutely true. Not all quests, but most non-GIG side quests have multiple ways they can play out and multiple endings depending on what you did and what you said. It's just that they are told so well it seems there's no way something else would happen, but it does.

I think CP77 would only win if were NOT open-world adventure, but rather like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or the original Mafia.
Story missions, and in-between — limited, pre-written activities, side-jobs included.
For example, after the Heist V must go undercover, because Arasaka ninjas are searching him to take back the Relic etc. So V must hide in one small area at time, where local fixer hide V in return for some jobs completion. Main plot is developing, and V moves to new areas to hide, because, for example, previous area is compromised and local fixer can'r protect him anymore.
Each and every gig and job have reason — work for local fixer in return for his protection. Each location has a major NPC like Panam, River, Judy or Kerry, whom V can help or not. I would probably add some game mechanic of V's cover — hitting the citizens with your car, open firefights and other noize would decrease your Cover meter, and if it's zero, game over. And some jobs and gigs could also decrease or increase V's Cover meter.
That approach would allow devs to reroute their time and effort from open-worldness (which they failed) towards plot, characters and sidequests.
That said, the Night CIty (from the point of game design) is a stunning masterpiece, pinnacle of style, to be adored for years to come...with absollutely nothing to do here when you've done all the jobs, gigs and NCPD markers. The world, crowd, police and gangs are just inanimated scenery, bereft of true life like in GTA or Red Dead Redemption 2.
Lazy, half-baked endings, without proper closure and at least resemblance of logic or respect to world's lore, kill any replayability.

Nope. Not true.
His statement is absolutely true. Not all quests, but most non-GIG side quests have multiple ways they can play out and multiple endings depending on what you did and what you said. It's just that they are told so well it seems there's no way something else would happen, but it does.

Multiple endings are no secret, so just bait for someone to post without spoiler tags I guess. But thanks, appreciated. And as opportunity present itself, I take it. A lot can be said without spoiling anything.

Subtlety you mention, that was huge factor contributing to my experience. Without spoilers, someone may ask a favour, went with it, didn't really liked the outcome, so I cheated by this handy time machine "load save" and did something differently and outcome was also very different. Happened to read later that there are three possible outcomes, depending from player choices. Subtlety in this context means that there's nothing jarring, nothing earth shattering, that wouldn't even make sense in larger scope of game.

There are different types of tasks to do in game world and not all of them have some sort of branching story line, nor should. Delivery mans job is to deliver stuff. He may visit lots of places, but that doesn't mean he is involved in any other function than delivering packages. While V isn't exactly delivery man, he often just have certain function, does the job and only consequence is that V gets paid. Nature of jobs and that there isn't any other consequence kind of gives its own flavour to what kind of city, the Night City is.

Top Bottom