Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
I would enjoy playing as either a Cop or a Solo. Cop because I enjoy bringing justice, and solo so that I can role-play as an ex-cop.

i think i'd like to be a cop testing the latest technologies and hunting people down. If i remember correctly dev's are taking inspiration from GITS too, it would be cool dealing with ghosts and figure out what happens to them. Like in the teaser trailer. Reminds me of the good times playing NeoTokyo

Unlessss things have advanced a lot further than Cyberpunk standard, there are no "ghosts".

Strike that. Since you can be uploaded into machines - even against your will - there are ghosts, yes. BUT it's not widespread or used commercially in the game setting, unlike in GITS. They may change that, but hopefully not too much, since your very humanity being pinned to how much flesh you have is a part of Cyberpunk 2020.

Still, it would be fun trying to track down a renegade uploaded human consciousness, eh?

Still, it would be fun trying to track down a renegade uploaded human consciousness, eh?
Yea. The teaser trailer looked like a nice mix. It reminded me of a replicant woman from bladerunner (the one killed in the street) and the cyborg Molly from Neuromancer. The last bit of the video was the one recalling gits to me, when the psycho thing becomes part of the squad, i took it as something related to the whole ghost deal.

Nah, they just put her in Heavy Metal Psychotherapy, pulled most of her cyber out of her, ( perhaps putting their own back in later) and probably wiped chunks of her memory to boot. That's what you do with cyberpsychos that you don't manage to kill taking down. Hiring her for Max-Tac is optional.

It's weird to me how many people want to play cops here.... Don't get me wrong, I love Cop campaigns, they are my favorite to run... but many of my players tend to loathe them. They wanna fight the man, not be the man.... Same reason they don't typically play corps.

I guess people feel like that the best way of changing "the man", the system if you will, is from the inside.

What better way of changing a certain aspect of society than becoming the very thing you wish to change. The cops are corrupt pricks? Journalists are misinforming the public? The corporate twats are furthering their own twisted agenda? Then enter their "world" and change shit from the inside.

At least, that's my thinking. I wanted to be a journalist, until I realized that a journalist that tells the fucking truth, won't live long enough to appreciate his contribution...

I was thinking cop at first but after further contemplation of my char concept I think nomad might be a lot more entertaining.

I guess people feel like that the best way of changing "the man", the system if you will, is from the inside.

What better way of changing a certain aspect of society than becoming the very thing you wish to change. The cops are corrupt pricks? Journalists are misinforming the public? The corporate twats are furthering their own twisted agenda? Then enter their "world" and change shit from the inside.

At least, that's my thinking. I wanted to be a journalist, until I realized that a journalist that tells the fucking truth, won't live long enough to appreciate his contribution...

I want to play a Techie the most, but a Corporate is on my list. Reason being I want to further my own agenda...

Never rule out that players want to be assholes. Look at WoW, EVE, or any other MMO.

ok this poll was a great idea,but i'm pretty sure for me is WHICH role i'll play first...
For me is gonna be :

Fixer
Solo
Netrunner
Corp
Nomad.

not cop because...well [video=youtube;7WiT-c3NA0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WiT-c3NA0M[/video]

I hope that Fixer, Corporate or Media will be in the game. I would love to create a character that is not based on force / weapons / stealth. You know, a wordy type of guy. Inquisitive, meddlesome, intelligent, deceitful, slippery smartass, that uses people rather than weapon/brute force.

At first...
Depend on the mood of the moment.

But I think I'll play a Cop on my first game, just to see if I can be a crooked one lol

Netrunner too maybe, but i'll try every classes for sure :)

not sure between cop or netrunner I`ll probably go cop first just to get a feeling of what a cop would operate in nightcity! I wonder if you can be a bad cop?

Forum veteran
Whichever one is shiniest. Rockerboy seems like a very shiny, flashy role, so probably that. It's also the least popular option in the poll, so the contrarian in me is also pulling in that direction.

Also, I don't know if any of your have ever changed guitar strings, but they can seriously sting when they snap, especially if they hit anywhere near the eyes. Just imagine—non-lethal guitar takedowns! Awesome.

Top Bottom