Did you start a new game because of 'Hearts of Stone'?

+
When HoS was released, I was in the middle of the second of the "choices I wouldn't really do" playthroughs. As I was feeling like a complete scumbag for how I treated the Ciri decisions and various other things, there was no way I would venture with this Geralt into HoS. I also finally bought TW1 at about that time.

So, when I had seen the second "bad ending" of TW3, I felt like doing a "my personal idea of good choices" TW1->TW2->TW3+HoS megaproject.

So yes, you could say that I started a new game for HoS. :)

Well I wanted to try the NG+ and It had been 3 months since I last played Witcher 3 so I wanted to start playing it again with all the new stuff that had been added in the Hear of stone expansion. It is one of the best expansion packs that I have bought and it was worth every penny.

Nope. I just carried on from where I left off at first. But then I started a new game cause I heard about the extra dialogs and references so in that play through I deviated from the main game campaign to HOS so Gerald got branded by O Dimm to open up those dialogs. Have not played NG+ yet since some stuff is still broken for us ps4 peasants.

Lucky me, I had just finish another playthrough after many others, in NG this time and was ready to start NG+ when HoS came out. But I didn't reload the end game save for it. I started the NG+ and went all the way until I was ready for it. Then I started another NG with HoS and after that, another NG+ where I tried and done HoS before the Isle of Mists to see some small subtle and rewarding dialogue changes. It's hard to be ready for HoS before Isle of Mists but in NG+ it was definitely easier than in NG. (I have a video for the different dialogue options posted in the spoiler forum, in case you want to be spoiled =)

I must be honest though, after finishing HoS, I did went for the Isle of Mists and I had so many contracts and side quests open that it was overwhelming. With 90% of that playthrough done I took a break from TW3. 1,550 hours of it. I'm dying to go back, finish that run and wait to start a new for B&W. I'll probably do that as soon as I finish a few runs with DA:Inquisition which I had since release but was never really interested in playing. Turned out to be a good game for this waiting time! But there's no comparison to TW3, IMHO.

I did. And I'll do again with B&W. And still I know for sure I missed some quests (with more ha n 150 hours in the last game)

Nah,I have a post-end save file just for the expansions. Will probably give another full playthrough of the Witcher 3 once the Enhanced/GOTY edition of the game is released sometime in 2016 or early 2017 since it is a 100 hour + game.

I did too. And if BaW will be released I will do it again. My last playthrough will be so far away at that time... ::) I play always at a stretch! :cat:

I finished my first two playthroughs via the PS4. Now that I have a gaming PC, I purchased the Witcher Trilogy + Hearts of Stone (bless you Steam Winter Sale) which means it's a fresh start! Loving the Witcher 3 on PC!

No way... I don't wanna to lose my progress, gwent cards and whatever you lose when you start a new game or a new game +.

Top Bottom