[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
Notice, on the saddle? It's the Witcher thermos, a new item for the on-line store.

pretty bright for 3:53 AM:facepalm:

@C0bR Well, he is far north; if it's summer I can understand it... :p Kidding aside, be thankful that the sun is coming from the right side :)

Guest 3782876

You can see the wings there.
But the damn thing may as well be just a flying mermaid, I think. :hmm:
Ekhidna is the name, I found it, well, it seems there are the same think, but... Ekhidna like to attack you, Mermaid I think not. :wat:

I think that is a Siren in the picture. They look like mermaids, with the human top half+blue fins. While the Ekhinda are more monstrous looking. In the footage it also seems like Ekhinda are always flying above the water, while the Sirens are in it.

Ekhidna is the name, I found it, well, it seems there are the same think, but... Ekhidna like to attack you, Mermaid I think not. :wat:

Well, there are plenty of tales about how mermaids (and sirens) lure sailors to their deaths...
But in the Witcher universe they aren't all like that. Though their fish parts attack and confuse man's pride more than anything.

In the footage it also seems like Ekhinda are always flying above the water, while the Sirens are in it.

Not saying that it isn't a siren, but Ekhidnas dive and attack from the water in some of the footage.

Guest 3782876

Well, there are plenty of tales about how mermaids (and sirens) lure sailors to their deaths...
But in the Witcher universe they aren't all like that. Though their fish parts attack and confuse man's pride more than anything.

Not saying that it isn't a siren, but Ekhidnas dive and attack from the water in some of the footage.
In Two trailers we can see three mermaids: in gameplay trailer has two and one in a older trailer, remember ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwe_WHARdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ_G6XiHoUA

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah they can dive. What I mean is that everytime we've seen them in footage they are flying and then dive.

Nvidia removed those pics from today and put in some already released screens from CDPR btw. May have been some fuck up with extra old pics on their part, since they really did not look good.

But there is a footage where we can see the difference between them?
They appear in old footage with reasonable comparability (excuse my amazingly low quality screengrabs):

Old footage: https://youtu.be/TZ_G6XiHoUA?t=1m5s

I assume the difference between the old footage and the new screenshot is that they're less resistible :p I'm not sure about the more humanoid sea-creature's tail/wings. Maybe we might see Sh'eenaz or characters who know her? I have a feeling the merfolk (not sure if they're sirens or something else) are more quest related than Ekhidna are.

Attachments

• screenscapppe.jpg
    screenscapppe.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,762
  • scrrennnacapppsppspe.jpg
    scrrennnacapppsppspe.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 347
If it's isn't the same place, no, for me it wouldn't be strange, because we are not in modern world where you can build something that's 100% identical to another one. So I I think that it's possibile to have a different pattern of cornerstorne on a pillar or of a cobblestone on the ground.

I guess we shall see when we'll play. :)

First pic Novigrad, second Oxenfurt (lucky guess)

---------- Updated at 08:08 AM ----------

She's even lovelier in real life

Attachments

• EVEN.jpg
    EVEN.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 388
Top Bottom