DLC Beard still grows.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some commands related to the beard growth for the debug console but I don't think they work or maybe I dunno how to use them properly. Might work for some people. Here's the debug console mod that enables it. http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m...er3/ajax/moddescription/?id=28&preview=&pUp=1

And the commands are:
blockbeard (try blockbeard (true) if it doesn't work otherwise.)
setbeard
Bool maxBeard

They don't seem to work though or at least not for me. I also found some entries about "blockbeardGrowth" in the cooked.redscripts file but I opened it in notepad and it was all gibberish since the code came out all wrong. Probably need REDKit for it or something. I dunno, try these, see what they do and let me know if you guys find anything.
There's also a command for shaving Geralt at any time, even during cutscenes. Just open the console and type shave. Simple as that.

Last edited:
I agree to that... please add a option/choice to stop the beard growth.
Or please tell community "Where and in which files we find the process for the beard growth"?

That would be really nice. Shaving every day is a pain already, it's the last thing I want to do in a video game. I'm sure some people like it, but a toggle or a file value we could modify would help a lot.

I actually like that it's growing. It's pretty cool to look like Oetzi after you've spent some time hunting in the wilderness.
It just happens after some days. It's not that you have to shave every morning.

I also have this problem, it's really annoying, because the beard growth isn't even immersive, it goes from the short beard to a massive fullblown beard in seconds sometimes, for example from starting a fistfight to the cutscene where you're announced as the winner, the beard is suddenly massive.

Could we please have the option of just completely disabling beard growth? It's annoying enough to have to trim my beard in real life every week, having to visit a barber every hour of playing if you want to keep a neatly trimmed beard is insane.

The jumping Beard is a Hairworks Bug. The second stage of the Beard is the same like the 4th stage.

Ok try this:

Load the Game with the debug console AND Hairworks enabled.
Use the Codes from this Post:

setbeard 0,2 and 0,4 are the same state WITH Hairworks enabled. State 0,2 is completely missing.

Im uploading a video right now.

PLZ fix this, CDP. The growing Beard Feature is just weird with Hairworks enabled!

---------- Updated at 08:03 PM ----------

Video is uploaded (youtube is a little bit lagging, today. :p So maybe you have to wait a bit for the HD Version)

Same issue as of 1.10. Nice to see they don't care... at least the console helps fix it but it's still annoying.

Same issue as of 1.10. Nice to see they don't care... at least the console helps fix it but it's still annoying.

I asked about giving Geralt a razor blade for shaving on the road and Burza said that:
On the trail it is hard to find time for shaving :) That's why in his free time Geralt likes to relax in a barber shop ;)

AFAIK, beard grows with time when 1)Shaved clean 2)Full beard trimmed short. When I chose a goatie it never grew back.

That's what I remember hearing/reading. I haven't bothered to download the beard styles and /hairstyle dlc because I remember one of the devs saying that it stopped the beard growth.

Faces the Necromancer directly. A Wand of Locking appears in his hand. Glances sadly over the desiccated posts ripped from their peaceful slumber. A brilliant flash...and only memories remain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom