DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think a prequel would make sense...the 6 month montage is a missed opurtunity...i wan to live that 6 months and get to know every fixer...and then a sequel to the ending also would make sense...like v trying to find a cure...ading more storys to the world...

T

TW3 was undisputed hit, this is a train wreck.

They literally traded their “10 years of hard workl” reputation for this game.

It will need more than hotfixes, patches and 2 mid game dlc.

No arguing there BUT...and its a BIG butt: that TW3 you wrote, has a "3" at the end because it took them a couple of tries to figure out what they wanted and more importantly, HOW to do it. As you pointed out, CP1 is NO TW3! Not an apologist here, or fanboi, just a strightup realist. This is CP1...you honestly didn't think they would get everything 100% right out of the blocks, did you?!?!

No arguing there BUT...and its a BIG butt: that TW3 you wrote, has a "3" at the end because it took them a couple of tries to figure out what they wanted and more importantly, HOW to do it. As you pointed out, CP1 is NO TW3! Not an apologist here, or fanboi, just a strightup realist. This is CP1...you honestly didn't think they would get everything 100% right out of the blocks, did you?!?!
No one cares, there is no consolation prize in the real world.

Either you are making from day 1 game at least on par with other successful games in particular genre or you are falling from cliff, or being thrown.

continuation of the main story obviously. Fix the plot cancer, let me have agency and get a satsfying conclusion. I won't buy any mid-game or prequel DLC if I always have to think about my V kicking the bucket in the not so distant future.
All three endings where V goes back to his body can be relativey easy comsolidated into one quest chain.

I also really want the romance/friendships quest of the four LIs to be expanded both in act 2 and in "Act 4".

And It would be great if the Peralez quest could be expanded in the Mr Blue Eyes part of the DLC.

Regarding the fact that Cyberpunk is only he first game in the franchise and Witcher 3 didn't have any real post game DLC...
I don't think this matters in the end. Just because they went into one direction with Witcher DLC doesn't mean they have to do the same thing again. Look at the Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC. It picks up after the main story, takes all player decisions into consideration and changes the game world, the future of important NPCs as well as the Inquisitor significantly. And it's beatutiful and rewarding. There is definitely some precedent for ending altering DLCs in the genre CDPR could emulate. And Cyperpunk is not Cyberpunk 1, it is a stand alone game that has to work on its own, especially after the lanch clusterfuck. DCPR can't bank on a sequel, they have to fix this mess within this game or give up on the IP completely.

CDPR does not live in a vacuum. Games set precedents. They set precedents in their own marketing. Yes, TW3 did evolve from the previous games. But CP2077 has come after WC3. Your mind doesn't lose what you learned from TW1-3. Imagine R* if they made GTA 3. Than went backwards. Because they forgot they made GTA 3. No, once you set a benchmark. That is the new standard. RDR2 set a standard of NPC AI systems and immersion. CD openly said their game AI will be on par to RDR2. They set that goal. They said their character creator will be extensive. They set that goal. They failed in these areas. Be honest with what your game is gonna be. People aren't gonna get pissed off/disappointed like this.

Guest 4354978

Imagine if there were 3 minor DLC packs. One where they give us more of Vs prequel with Jackie before the heist. This will make the relationship more substantial. Here they focus on world building with the inclusion of barbers and interactive vendors. Also activities... Like bowling with Jackie ?

Then a life path DLC which expands on them with special quests, clothes, vehicles, romances, maybe even giving them separate endings. Insert vehicle customisation options with nomad mod shops or favela like auto shops.

Then the third and final is a corporations/gangs dlc where they expand more on the lore and make call backs to the og ttrpg. We could play as johnny during the corpo wars and get to meet him from that perspective. Or as rogue shortly after Johnny's untimely, where she lives out the formation of these gangs. Here they can introduce new mechanics and weapons, like a grapple hook/ wall running/ cool weapon reloads that can be learnt/ some ninja shit like parlour and back flips like Oda.

So eventually we could play one massive cyberpunk'd experience. The continuations can/should be a sequel rather
damn straight cdpr DID NOT do their homework on the CP PnP lore man.

After they finish putting in all the missing content and un-censor things at least for PC....

First Expansion. Crystal Palace. V robbing it and it goes wrong, but at the end finds a hint of a cure.
Second Expansion. A Laughing Man type quest line tying in Cyber-psychosis to a Puppet master some detective work as hints of a cure sends V to solve the mystery and maybe finding the cure.

Those who don't know The Laughing Man is from Ghost in the Shell SAC would be a great Easter egg and hat tip to Ghost in the Shell.

What we will likely get....

Bug fixes but not all think Bethesda
A new car
Maybe a few cloths pieces
Maybe a Quest
Then A Expansion... Most likely Crystal Palace

Then they hype up MP to the heights of SP and most likely not deliver
But time will tell.

I can’t rightly say what I’d want for DLC.

Adding more content for V seems kinda pointless considering the core storyline and the poor state of the gameplay, plus that the game doesn’t really seem tuned for more side content. His thing seems done for with what we got.

Adding a new protagonist feels kinda off and wouldn’t probably end up very content heavy unless the DLC is huuuge.

So I dunno.

continuation of the main story obviously. Fix the plot cancer, let me have agency and get a satsfying conclusion. I won't buy any mid-game or prequel DLC if I always have to think about my V kicking the bucket in the not so distant future.
All three endings where V goes back to his body can be relativey easy comsolidated into one quest chain.

I also really want the romance/friendships quest of the four LIs to be expanded both in act 2 and in "Act 4".

And It would be great if the Peralez quest could be expanded in the Mr Blue Eyes part of the DLC.

Regarding the fact that Cyberpunk is only he first game in the franchise and Witcher 3 didn't have any real post game DLC...
I don't think this matters in the end. Just because they went into one direction with Witcher DLC doesn't mean they have to do the same thing again. Look at the Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC. It picks up after the main story, takes all player decisions into consideration and changes the game world, the future of important NPCs as well as the Inquisitor significantly. And it's beatutiful and rewarding. There is definitely some precedent for ending altering DLCs in the genre CDPR could emulate. And Cyperpunk is not Cyberpunk 1, it is a stand alone game that has to work on its own, especially after the lanch clusterfuck. DCPR can't bank on a sequel, they have to fix this mess within this game or give up on the IP completely.

Yeah i'm definitely holding out hope for a post game expansion. Pick up the endings and expand upon where they leave V and have him/her setting off on a wildl ride to find salvation. At that would justify the plot cancer in some way.
I would very much like additional romance content for the LI's too. I don't think it's quite the issue as when they went back and made additions to TW3 dialogues but would be good if they were involved in a meaninful way in the expansion story.

honestly i want a ghost in the shell type ending where you and johnny can merge into one person both of them not quite ether,
and a continuation in the story difenantly

I picked prequel to V meeting Johnny—reading between the lines, I’m voting for that six month montage to be a full playable section of the game.

that would require reworking the game map completely, as Haywood is not exactly low level area..

CDPR does not live in a vacuum. Games set precedents. They set precedents in their own marketing. Yes, TW3 did evolve from the previous games. But CP2077 has come after WC3. Your mind doesn't lose what you learned from TW1-3. Imagine R* if they made GTA 3. Than went backwards. Because they forgot they made GTA 3. No, once you set a benchmark. That is the new standard. RDR2 set a standard of NPC AI systems and immersion. CD openly said their game AI will be on par to RDR2. They set that goal. They said their character creator will be extensive. They set that goal. They failed in these areas. Be honest with what your game is gonna be. People aren't gonna get pissed off/disappointed like this.

Well, you can't make everyone happy all the time. If they'd delayed it for another 6 months, someone would be on here right now bitchin about that...so here we are taking part in a paid beta or EA game. Maybe they get it right in the end...who knows.

I don't think they need to change the endings so much as give them an actual point. If the PC's gonna continue to play as V, then I need to see content that actually allows the player to find some closure and development with V - a cure per say for me isn't necessary since it's pointed out that his condition is incurable from the onset (them inconsistently applying some kind of timeline to it is the problem in that case). As it stands it paints a very bad image that suggests it's impossible for V to be able to come to terms with their condition and find other things to aspire to in the meantime. The Nomad ending at least offers some ambiguity that doesn't obsess over it but the other "good" ending (Mikoshi) does the opposite. The ending doesn't have to be "happy", V doesn't even have to be "cured".

The ending doesn't have to be "happy", V doesn't even have to be "cured".

Maybe that is true for you, but not many see it that way, let's not kidding ourself everyone want to live every one would fight to stay alive.
You don't want happy ending fine don't go for it, but let people who want that have that option, why would i want my V to die for some stupid reasons, hey this relic can save your soul bla bla bla hey this relic rewrited your DNA but now when it need to save you he can't, but why ? well reasons fuck you, have nice day you just a loser how die for nothing.

Top Bottom