Does demons exist in the witcher world?

+
Does demons exist in the witcher world?

i've seen several reviews stating that demons exists in this world, however since there is supposed to be no real evils in this world, that surprises me, since demons normally are defined as pure evil

There are succubus and other demons like as far as I know. But the frontier between good and evil is blurry in the witcher universe. I think every author has his own way of seeing and writting about the monsters in their universe.

I suppose it depends on how you define them, but as I see it, there are no demons (that we know of) in the world of The Witcher.

All those who may resemble one, such as the succubus, the draug and draugirs, the Beast, are either something related to curses or creatures of their own. Specters at most, personifications of hatred and foul deeds, but not demons in the common sense.

There are definitely demons, but not the kind you're thinking of. Nothing to do with good and evil, just another kind of monster. This is a different kind of mythology.

i've seen several reviews stating that demons exists in this world, however since there is supposed to be no real evils in this world, that surprises me, since demons normally are defined as pure evil

I agree with Darkarhon. demons are in fact a class of beings with many sub branches. they have free will and their own agenda. that's at least what you can find in mythologies and scriptures from different cultures around the earth. to say that they are pure evil is like saying that Felidae are evil beings.

There is a special form of magic called Goëtia in the newest witcher book season of storms.

Sorcerers/ess can summon demons and do that from time to time to experiment with them. They can also be summoned into bodies of humans and animals and possess them. When they are possessed their power increases tremendously and they belong the most dangerous enemies Geralt ever dealt with (according to the book).

Top Bottom