Dol Blathanna (The Valley of the Flowers)

+
Well, this looks to be the same place. It is unlikely to be Gors Velen. I think some months ago it has been discussed if it is Oxenfurt. To me, it looks like it could be. I don't recognize those flags. During the ign presentation they said, while standing on the bridge, that this is the place where the adventure starts to the south. And one look at the compass speaks for itself.

I wouldn't underestimate size of the game map. Skellige is 8x8 square kilometers and Novigrad area is 8,5x8,5 (http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04...s-by-themselves-3-5-times-larger-than-skyrim/). In the size of Skellige, they probably count also some water. Try to cut a piece of paper and cover Skellige with it on the map, then cover Novigrad with the same piece of paper. It reaches even Tretogor, Gors Velen and nearly Vyzima too. THEN there is No man's land, which should be the largest area of them all. Still awaiting smaller area to play? :) I would use this official W2 map for these speculations: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110530105156/witcher/images/1/17/Northernkingdoms_full.jpg but it will be most probably reworked again.

And what city is this?
View attachment 4222

Attachments

• Tw3_concept_art_White_Bridge.jpg
    Tw3_concept_art_White_Bridge.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3,854
  • Bez názvu.jpg
    Bez názvu.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 3,275
  • Oxenfurt.jpg
    Oxenfurt.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6,004
  • The-Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer_h264_1080p30_5.1-0-00-57-26.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-VGX-Trailer_h264_1080p30_5.1-0-00-57-26.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 3,061
  • Tretogor.jpg
    Tretogor.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,688
@blackstaggshredder

I doubt it is Oxenfurt, since Oxenfurt is quite a large city, in the Centre of which, lies an entire university campus. Also it lies by the Pontar River.

It is definitely not Gors Velen though. Most probably some Villa or a Castle.

I think we are on the wrong thread for this however, since this one is about Dol Blathanna.

I do, and...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Thanks for sharing :D

Have fun. :p

I find it really useful when I am reading the books, it helps me visualize the events so much better somehow..

Only bad thing about it is that I have to google translate some areas that look like they are written in Polish. But whatever. :D

@blackstaggshredder

I doubt it is Oxenfurt, since Oxenfurt is quite a large city, in the Centre of which, lies an entire university campus. Also it lies by the Pontar River.

It is definitely not Gors Velen though. Most probably some Villa or a Castle.

I think we are on the wrong thread for this however, since this one is about Dol Blathanna.
It started of as Dol Blathanna but its quite fine going into a discussion what will make it into the game, from countless deductions we are closer and closer to find out how big the Witcher 3 will be xD. And who knows maybe it will be big enough to branch into Aedirn aswell...

@scarfless

About Bleobheris, it was not in Brokilon. It was very close to Flotsam, in Ellander Dutchy. On the Crossroads between Temeria, Redania and Kaedwen.

Regarding the possible Witcher 3 map that you pointed out, I can not say much, other than "it looks too big". Maybe it is, maybe it will be even bigger, but most probably, it will be smaller. By probably I mean, most forum members seem to think so. CDPR can always surprise us.

Oh and thank you for the work you put in this post. :)

If you like maps, check this one out. It is a fan made map by Ortelius. I like his version of the world the best.
http://sendfile.pl/26870/view/mapa_orteliusa_new_with_heraldic1.1.PNG

put it in a spoiler

Yes, Yes, It's OK. Don't thank me on your knees please.....

I imagine Bol Blathanna as this one of TLOR

A main city in the middle of a valley full of light, vegetation, and good taste in every detail.. but who knows if war has arrived to there....

I imagine it to be more like a dystopia, as in things look great and different on the outside when it's actually the same old story as everywhere else.

4 - Wyzima: Probably the biggest surprise. Whether the castle will be visit-able, or will just appear in tutorial/cutscene is not sure, but Geralt will definitely visit it. I base this on the trailer, where we clearly see Emhyr var Emreis sitting in the audience room from W1 ending cutscene. The throne looks a little different and the room itself seems smaller, but it's definitely it. Also it's pretty close to the confirmed places, plus everyone must have seen the shrine, that looked similar to the ones in W1. Again some screenshots.

This I hadn't even thought about. Cheeky bastard, he is sitting in the same throne room isn't he?
Foltest will turn in his all too early grave. Rest in peace friend. Maybe I'll use that ballista trivia I was taught and aim it towards the throne. That ought to get Emhyr up from his seat. And if I miss I know I won't hit the same spot again. But Emhyr doesn't know that. ;)
"Soldier, spyglass!" :look:

I can bet that that this is what they have in mind in this interview :yes:
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/0...st-launch-content-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

Wait... "Krzywonosiuk was sure to point out that Wild Hunt will mark the end of the series featuring Geralt. When asked if he meant the entire series or just Geralt's trilogy, he replied, "Both really. This is the closure of the series. This is the final adventure of Geralt. We're closing the plot here."

What???? I thought it's the end of Geralt's trilogy but not the Witcher games entirely? Did they change their mind?

Don Blathanna is far far away to the east from Temeria (No Man Lands) - its south from Pontar Valley from The Witcher 2.
The probability that it will be in TW3 is rather small (but on the other side the devs done some work on this valley/NPCs/quest for TW2. They don't want to waste it so there can be additional DLC to TW2 or TW3 with it) ...

Dol Blathanna marked by the green oval on right down corner of the map

Last edited:
Dol Blathanna is where Geralt and Dandilion are when they are tasked to banish the 'deovel'(Torque) in The Last Wish. They mention lower and upper Posada something, but where is this on the map? Anyway, Dol Blathanna is so teeming with plantlife and fields of rich harvest I always pictured the it exactly like that. Would love to visit the place. If not then I'll enjoy these fields instead:

Can't get enough of that gif.

I think Dol Blathanna will make an appearance, with Enid and Gleanna, as a part of the main story, like Emhyr in his Nilfgaard throne, by cinematics in the main story, where they will tell us the sate of different parts of the world, Game of thrones TV show style, but I hope for missions placed outside the open-world map, main quests that will take place in "secret locations", and see if not as a part of th story like I said earlier, or in future new content, places like Kaer Morhen, Dol Blathanna, Brokilon etc. :D

Francesca Findabair (The elf Queen) to maintain a unstable relationship with Nilfgaard
She should rather have one with Geralt. I hope they have some occasions to sidetrack a little and have some nonchalantly fun.

Last edited:
Dol Blathanna and Brokilon are definitely two areas i would like to see in a witcher game. Even if the areas don't fit in the witcher 3 map they could bring a fast travel station on a border for example where you talk to someone who brings you to a new area which is apart from the rest of the world. In any case something additional will coming with the W3 Enhanced Edition even if the game won't have great financial sucess but i really think it will :)

I hope Geralt will have available sex option with Franchesca Findabair. In Witcher 2 i was upset i dont have that with Sheala, Fillipa(well, that one have explanation) and Saskia.That was my second hope after getting badass Makhakaman best smiths crafted armor and silver and steel Gvihirs.

Top Bottom