don't know anything about the boxing mechanics...

+
don't know anything about the boxing mechanics...

i've played and beaten witcher 1, about 2 times now and i am on my 3rd playthrough to make a perfect save for the witcher 3 arrival, and i still up to now do not understand the boxing mechanics in this game, i just click smashing my mouse so geralt will just punch, then stop clicking when the cursor has this do not punch icon to it i don't know if its a do not punch icon but thats how i interpret it, and also i just hold right click when enemy is about to punch me but i don't see any comparison between blocking and not blocking enemy punches, except for the animation of geralt being punched in the face is kinda funny.... and also getting punched in the face kinda gets geralt shocked so you can't punch back faster compared to when you block their punches, which i don't know if that is real, also man i tried hard mode in witcher 1 and man the boxing matches their is so hard, its even harder than facing the beast..... i don't know if its just me but i get more frightened when boxing in hard mode compared to fighting monsters in hard cause man the boxing is so hard...

The simplest way to play boxing is to reduce it to counterpunching. Keep close to your opponent and hold right to block; when the opponent has punched, whether or not he misses, click left once to punch. Successful blocking is a random chance: you may get hit even with your guard up. More skilled opponents have a greater chance to hit you through your block. Practice with weak opponents (Eskel, the Wimpy Fistfighter, ordinary Fistfighters, the Thug) before you take on Fat Fred or Butter Bean.

You cannot button-mash in this game. Button-mashing interrupts your own actions, and Geralt just does nothing except get hit. Single-click only when attacking. (Yes, this ignores power attacks. If you're still on elementary boxing, power attacks are not in the frame yet. And they're no good in the boxing minigame anyway.)

Boxing can be difficult when other fistfighters don't get out of your way, or you back your opponent into the scenery. This tends to create a situation where you cannot hit. To avoid this, retreat to an open area of the floor. Do not leave the boxing area; this is an instant loss. On the other hand, forcing your opponent to step out of the area is an instant win. Try this with the more difficult boxers.

Last edited:
ah, i thought before when you block you reduce the damage, but as i played more clearly it was not, since i get the same damage when blocking and not blocking, also i played the boxing match the same way i fight a monster i thougt it was the same, like when you fight monsters right? you time your attack to do combo, i do the same thing with boxing thats why i just keep on clicking when that fist icon appear then stop clicking when i get thet not fist icon... that's why up to this point i don't understand the boxing mechanics of this game, until you explained it to me thanks, i didn't notice the enemy missing their attacks when i block.

What I've found out on the matter is that, right after the animation for attacking ends, if you instantly click hold defence, you do not get hit. No matter what. Quite useful if you are having trouble beating somebody.

Top Bottom