Downloadable content announcement

+
Patching the game now... Thanks to the RED team guys for bringing us such a wonderful game. Will definitely be getting the retail enhanced version when it gets to Singapore. I have the censored version... but oh well... saw the uncensored cards already in the 1st play-through. Time to see the censored ones. =P

Does the 909 mb EE patch include Price of Neutrality and Side Effects or would I have to download and install those separately after installing the 909mb EE patch? ???

Greetings All,Downloaded the patch over at FilePlanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/)The Witcher Enhanced Edition (patch 1.4)English Language PackPrice of Neutrality Side EffectsBlood Patchsize: 1.9 GBMy speed was 350 Kb/sec so took ~75 mintues to download (guessing I was AFK).Reregistered my game again.Watched a movie on my computer while waiting for the game to patch.No problems with download or installation.Thank you CDP RED for this fantastic game and free update. You got yourself a loyal customer. Looking forward to other games by you.Hopefully you guys will have a party to celebrate after this is all over. Hang in there.

I dont know about you guys, but I am literally tearing off my freaking hair trying to install the patch. I did it once... everything went fine and then I was asked to wait while the files are modified - can take up to 2 hours.My PC stopped responding, and it completely screwed up the whole thing. I tried to rerun the upgrade, but it wouldnt let me anymore.Had to uninstall the game completely, and reinstall it.Tried to upgrade again, but this time I cant connect to the server to verify my version is registered - it did the first time with no issue.Now it gives meUNABLE TO CONNECT TO REMOTE SERVERBeen trying to install for 3 hours. I give up for today. Totally disgusted.Anyone else experiencing horrible lengths while trying to upgrade???? Is it even normal it takes several minutes for the application to start after I double clicked the Upgrade.exe??

What the hell, now what, finally get the thing all down(almost 16 hours) and now when it starts to install i get a message saying- Feature transfer error-Feature: NotCensored-Component: file: Error:Catastrophic failure. AAARRRGGGGG

Irenicus23 said:
Does the 909 mb EE patch include Price of Neutrality and Side Effects or would I have to download and install those separately after installing the 909mb EE patch? ???
The Price of Neutrality and Side Effects are separate downloads. 617MB for both. The links to the downloads is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/www/ee_update_faq.htmlRead the [size=10pt]FAQ[/size] on that page as well. It explains the install process.From the FAQ:Q: I’ve downloaded the language packs/additional adventures, but the installer fails to detect them.A: Make sure that all downloaded files are located in a single source directory and that they all have their original names.Then double-click on the TWEE_Upgrade.exe only.

hELPi have downloaded upgrade and english language pack. The language pack when i try to patch asks for the upgrade first and vice versa????Neither will install without the other

For people who say the patch is not responding it says it might take up to 2 hours ,well it says if you interupt this instalation you will need to reinstall the game,guess what?you did exactly what you were told not to.I had not responding in task manager but i waited it out and guess what took 20-30 minutes tops to finish.Read whats infront of you before thinking i know best.I have started a new game and fisrt impresions are the game is smoother here.tomorow i will really give it a bashing and let you know.Thanks CDProjekt and heres awaiting the next witcher.

aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
aboogieman said:
i try to launch the TWEE UPGRADE and i get this message... >SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?
Strange..im getting>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135) PAPP: PVENDOR: PGUID $ @Windows Vista Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0 : < as well not being able to connect to the rigistration thing :dead:
Same problem here :wall: . I'm starting to wonder if this intentional .... in order to rebuy the game. ::)
Ok, this is bullshit. Free or not, who has the time to ****** around with all this? Simple? Not bloody likely. IM getting the same error now, after ive finally got the download (Started at 5AM ET) And I get all xcited and i get THIS error msg. Nothing works, no compatibility issue, it wont work under 95, 98, Service pack 1, 2 windows XP, nothing. I tried dwnlding it AGAIN and i get the same bloody msg. So what the hell? Can ANYONE give a fix on this?
I'm getting the same thing. Ideas?
Seems like this error is caused by the download terminating before it's complete leaving an unfinished file, so first idea is to check the filesize and compare it to what it should be (around 909MB?) and perhaps try to download it again. At least this was the case for me when I got the error message earlier today
Same here. There seems to be a problem with their server &/or network across the pond. I did not get an error, but the file size was short, and I got the above error. I just signed up for free FileShack.com account and downloaded the patch in less than half an hour. (I was getting 627 KB/sec! :whistle: :peace:) I just confirmed this one runs fine.
I have been downloading this bloody thing ALL day. Ive got it from three different sites. The one thats listed here, the torrent site, and Fileplanet. I have all the files. They are all the correct size. They are all located in the same folder. I have tried every compatability that is offered. I still get the same error. Why havent we seen Cdprojekt writing anything on these boards? Why havent they addressed ANY of the issues that we all seem to be having? ITs like they get us all hyped up, its free! its free! its free! And then forget about it. Thanks very much. I guess its quite true, you get what you pay for. There is NO reason I shouldnt be able to install this. None. I have a computer that is less than 6 months old, all high end gear. Every game i play installs without any significant problems, and patch fine too. This is not the fault of my system, or the patches being corrupt. There is some incompatability issue (what i cannot fathom) and I would really like to see it addressed by the company that put out the files; cdproject. Yknow, its great that they re-released the game for free. Kudos to that. But wtf? What good is that when its so completely and utterly frustrating trying to download, install, troubleshoot it? They released it on the one server, which caused immense chaos and backlogs. Then there are more troubles trying to intsall the bloody thing. I thought part of the reason for releasing this was to get rid of the bugs in the FIRST release...God knows there were enough of them. Great game guys but c'mon. Help us out, eh?

Download from officail site because you might end up with the censored version but don't expect support officially on a forum over the weekend,best thing to do is make a new folder download from official site uninstall and reinstall witcher with patch 1,3 then from the new folder run the installation making sure your prefered language pack is in same folder.it might seem as though nothing is happening once you start the installation,just be patient because waiting out what it needs to do will ultimatly take less time than redownloading.1 of the complaints you quote claims they are running vista service pack 3 ummm well im guessing its xp but if someone isnt sure about os then installing a patch might not be a good idea,get a friend in.

I finally got everything downloaded and installed after 3 downloads and 3-4 hours trying to get it installed.However, when I go to launch the game, I just get the popup box saying that The Witcher has encountered anerror and myst shut down. No explanation what the error is or anything.

Furin plz post your os and service pack plus system spec for any trouble shooting dx version graphics card.the first thing i would sugest though is make sure you have latest graphics drivers as unknown game crashes are often solved by a driver update.

I bought the UK version, downloaded the patch, successfully verified my registration, and then I get the following CRC error:"The file ...\Witcher\Data\localized.key doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted."I'm running WinXP SP 2. Any ideas?

Ok All. I had no problem Downloading the patch from Fileshack. This is how my installation went!1. Downloaded all content for the game.2. Put it all except for the extra content(Manual, Videos, CD Music, ETC.) into a single Folder. (Put Patch 1.4, Both Adventures, and language pack into this folder)3. Double Click the 1.4 patch and follow instructions. This patch took me 1 1/2 hours to install so be patient and not run more programs while it is patching or it will take longer!4. After The 1.4 patch is complete then double click your language pack and let it install.5. Registration is easy if you have a witcher forum account. Register using your Username and Password. Then type in your original Witcher Game cd key. Then you are done!For us NA/USA users you can still use the uncut patch! Just follow the following steps....1. Downloaded all content for the game.2. Put it all except for the extra content(Manual, Videos, CD Music, ETC.) into a single Folder. (Put Patch 1.4, Both Adventures, and language pack into this folder)3. Double Click the 1.4 patch and follow instructions. This patch took me 1 1/2 hours to install so be patient and not run more programs while it is patching or it will take longer!4. Install your Uncut Patch. 5. Then install your Language pack!6. Then Register!I hope this helps people out!

For those of you with Realtek integrated High Definition audio and having problems with app crashing on launch, try the following:1. Disable 'Realtek High Definition Audio' audio in device manager 2. Launch Witcher; once at Witcher menu quit3. Exit Witcher4. Re-enable 'Realtek High Definition Audio' audio in device manager 5. Launch Witcher again. Game should launch successfully now. 6. At menu, select options and then sound options7. Deselect the disable sound checkbox and accept. You should now have sound.Rinse, lather and repeat each time to play.If above still does not work try using thefollowing driver/dll updates: wdm_r204.exe (recent Realtek HD Audio Driver) available here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3mss32.dll available with miles sound tools available here: http://www.radgametools.com/mssdown.htmRun through steps above again.YMMV. Works for me each time...What a pain though. Here's hoping it is fixed soon....

Mallrat said:
It's slow going, I'm in Australia and there are no local servers hosting the patch, well not that I can find anyway.
I'm in Australia aswell, Kept dropping out last night so i didn't bother again until this morning. I started the download at 10am, finished at 1pm.Now modifying game files :D (for the last hour lol)

Okay, after a day long struggle with the Witcher patch it has finally defeated me :wall: I have down loaded this patch from three different locations, on four (or is it five?) occasions. I've deleted and reinstalled the game so many times I've simply lost count. My last try was a switch to the Aussie internode download, but using that one creates a new set of problems. I've managed to replicate just about every fault reported in the last few pages, don't know if that is something to boast about. So the game is going back into the bottom drawer and I'm going to go jog some of this tension off. :peace:

Top Bottom