Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
LOL *looks at own avatar*

Lol this sounds good so far.
And luckily you can remap the keyboard so i'm definitely not going to have loot and jump as the same button.... sucks to be a console user however

I'm going to be sacrificing small children to various gods when the game is released in the hope it will run on my laptop.
Although that 'will it run on my pc' website said it wouldn't, it said the same about Dragon Age 2 but that runs fine with no crashes whatsoever. So I have hope.
Hopefully they won't pull an Assassin's Creed on us and have the multiple actions on the same key on PC as well.

Also hate to say this but Frostbite 3 can be a bit demanding. IIRC you have a "generic intel graphics" GPU in your laptop so I wouldn't hold my breath :(

My instincts say wait, of course. I just hate it when other people are playing something and having fun when I'm not, lol. But also, if it turns out bad, I'd rather not have this be my first new actual new game on my gaming pc.

Teaser for a launch trailer. Varric looks... different, guess it's the lighting.

EDIT: "Not all images are of actual gameplay" Whaa ?

Last edited:
They all look different to me. Could be updated character models.

"The threat will unite them, you will lead them." Every Bioware game ever, lol.

Pre-rendered on Frosbite? Seems to be the safest bet. Looks to bad to be a purely CGI trailer IMO.

It looks like they used to ultra high poly and resolution source materials that would make your PC crawl. It's not CGI like CDPR or Blizz makes but still good enough to be cinematic.

I'm curious about the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of DA:I. The difference between them and the next-gen/PC is gonna be massive.

@Princess_Ciri I recall you asking whether your laptop would be able to handle DA:I. I would suggest getting Battlefield 4 [wink wink], since it's build on Frosbite 3 just to see whether it works - if it does, you're safe. If not, well... you're buying a new PC for Christmas, aren't you?

LOL *looks at own avatar*

Hopefully they won't pull an Assassin's Creed on us and have the multiple actions on the same key on PC as well.

Also hate to say this but Frostbite 3 can be a bit demanding. IIRC you have a "generic intel graphics" GPU in your laptop so I wouldn't hold my breath :(

Yeah I'm going to pray it works but if it doesn't, my lovely flatmate has offered to let me use his laptop, which has a better graphics card than mine. Not all is lost :p

I recall you asking whether your laptop would be able to handle DA:I. I would suggest getting Battlefield 4 [wink wink], since it's build on Frosbite 3 just to see whether it works - if it does, you're safe. If not, well... you're buying a new PC for Christmas, aren't you?

How much is Battlefield 4 on steam? If I have to pay more than £5 I'd rather just wait and see.
Yes, on the brightside my PC will be here come Christmas, and at least it's only Dragon Age I'm missing out on and not the Witcher 3. (Although I won't be able to play that when it comes out either due to my desktop being at home whilst I will be at uni *sobs*)

Last edited:
Battlefield 4 is only available on Origin, which is similar to Steam. I wouldn't count on it being just 5 pounds though. Still, it's a fun game.

How much is Battlefield 4 on steam? If I have to pay more than £5 I'd rather just wait and see.

Well Battlefield 3 was free for a day about 3 months back from what I remember, but I would not count on seeing BF4 go on a sale anytime soon and even then it wouldn't be 5 pounds, I would honestly recommend Bad Company 2 over BF4, it's the best battlefield game from the post Battlefield 2-Era.

But nothing will beat Battlefield 2, it's a shame not that many people play it anymore. :(

Am i the only one who thinks Varric looks like hes trying to morph into geralt?
Regardless wtf is going on?
View attachment 7202
BioWare............:facepalm:

Attachments

• 432bdf37fded38b53c3f1e588b4bd5e9.png
    432bdf37fded38b53c3f1e588b4bd5e9.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hooo boy, last two videos injected me with a big dose of hype. The crafting is awesome, I'm surprised by the level of customization. And that some armors look different for each companion depending on their style? That's great. Cassandra had a utilitarian look, Vivienne was more elegant. The armor itself also looked good - it had that sweet spot between realistic and fantasy'ish.

So far it looks as if it'll be a very fun game to play which BioWare poured a huge amount of effort into. I'm excited. Not that I'll be able to play it anytime soon. My main concern at this point is the story, but I'm not too worried. The tale it tells doesn't have to be innovative (not that I'll complain if it is), it just needs to be told well. As long as character interactions will be interesting and the dialogue good, and not stoop to ME3 Shepard levels of "...what?", I'll be satisfied. If my Inquisitor blurts out a line that suggests "fighting" isn't about "strategy", I will, I'll... I'll-pretend-to-do-something-extreme-while-in-truth-remain-blank-faced-as-I-am-when-in-front-of-a-screen-and-continue-to-play-anyway.

Edit: I wanted to add that I also really like it that the Inquisitor slides down when he tries to descend a steep hill. I want that for TW3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom