E3 2013

+
Elder Scrolls Online sucks, though.

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim each for hundreds of hours, yet after having seen the latest videos and news of ESO, I'm not exactly sure why it sucks. I see it said a lot though, but nobody cares to go into detail as to why exactly.

The graphics are Elder Scrolls, only lighter of course, since it is an MMO. It's got your usual MMO elements; party instances, raids, PvP, crafting... They went the first person route, which I applaud, and the first person combat seems very smooth.

If you don't mind, could you give me a few reasons to think ESO sucks?

I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim each for hundreds of hours, yet after having seen the latest videos and news of ESO, I'm not exactly sure why it sucks. I see it said a lot though, but nobody cares to go into detail as to why exactly.

The graphics are Elder Scrolls, only lighter of course, since it is an MMO. It's got your usual MMO elements; party instances, raids, PvP, crafting... They went the first person route, which I applaud, and the first person combat seems very smooth.

If you don't mind, could you give me a few reasons to think ESO sucks?

My guess would be the bumbed down gameplay which is essential for the MMO factor. It's unavoidable. ES is probably the best single player fantasy series of all time. That does not mean it will work weell in the MMO market.

I do hope were all wrong thoigh and it becomes as popular as WoW.

My guess would be the bumbed down gameplay

I'm guessing you mean "dumbed down" gameplay. I'm not exactly sure what that would mean, though. Isn't the gameplay in the Elder Scrolls pretty straightforward? You aim your bow and shoot an arrow. That's the extent of the gameplay, isn't it? That, and collecting tons of useless crap along the way.

Perhaps I'm missing something. :cool:

I'm guessing you mean "dumbed down" gameplay.
Yes, the force is not strong with my keyboard at the moment...

By 'Dumbed Down', I mean that in single player games, you are the focus of the action. In MMO's well... Leeroy said it best.

I guess what I should have said is the immersion breaking 'social' factor. Here's an example:
You get your raiding group togther; Aughusk the Red, Ingald Oughsdottr, Kelkal of K'vash and Y0M4ma6969...

You get where I'm going.

You get where I'm going.

Well, I do understand that actual human beings playing characters in your game, with names like the ones you mentioned, jumping around and such, will break immersion somewhat, but that was obviously going to happen since it's an MMO, and such there's really no gameplay being affected. What I mean is, of course you can't compare a single player Skyrim to an MMO ESO in that regard. Gameplay, however, would be something else I think, and I'd be interested to know if gameplay has indeed been "dumbed down" for ESO in some way.

Or about any of the other reasons why it's going to suck. Other than people, that is. We all know people suck, period, but that's something one has to accept if one is going to play a multiplayer game. :cool:

I have a hard time coping with the fact that, outside Witcher 3/Dark Souls 2, Final Fantasy XV was the most impressive thing at E3. What is going on here...
Infamous is another one that looked way better than it had any right to.

STILL NO WORD ON CP2077.

I'm okay. I'm okay. Breathe. Breaaaathe.

Not like I was expecting anything anyway.

Now, any more W3 footage to come?

Maybe some of that exciting wolf/dog we saw! Because pets, yes!

Top Bottom