E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tieco;n10433872 said:
I'm wondering something... Can some one confirm that CDPR has stated they plan a significant marketing plan for CP2077?

They did say something to that effect, yes, but it wasn't clear what they meant exactly. Sardukhar can probably remember the specific quote.

Suhiira;n10433342 said:
even with an actual Luck stat in the game one shouldn't rely on it too much.

Forget Luck, I wanna know how they'll implement the Cool stat and the kinds of actions it may have ingame. My 2020 group had more fun rolling for "Cool Moments" than anything else..cept the power creeps who bribed the GM to let them god-mode their characters.

walkingdarkly;n10434102 said:
Forget Luck, I wanna know how they'll implement the Cool stat and the kinds of actions it may have ingame. My 2020 group had more fun rolling for "Cool Moments" than anything else..cept the power creeps who bribed the GM to let them god-mode their characters.
That's actually very problematic because in a video game it's up to the designers to include instances where such a check can even be made. The outcome is secondary because if there's no option to even make a check it doesn't matter in the slightest.

walkingdarkly;n10434102 said:

I want to know if they're implementing Mechs in Cyberpunk 2077.

I think that making a big announcement regarding Gwent at E3 (like mobile port or Thronebreaker gameplay) after that "beep" in January and all the attention it got, would be pretty much an PR... maybe not suicide, since they did garner a lot of credit from the fans, but definitely an equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot, something that CDPR... PR department wouldn't do. Financial conference in March seems like a much more appropriate place for some big news regarding Gwent (maybe with a minor tease regarding Cyberpunk as well). Coming to E3 just to announce the new game they work on before Cyberpunk reveal after all of that also seems like a poor move from PR perspective, unless they are really confident and decide to do both things by revealing Cyberpunk at one conference and teaser for their next project at another.

Shavod;n10439822 said:
I think that making a big announcement regarding Gwent at E3 (like mobile port or Thronebreaker gameplay) after that "beep" in January and all the attention it got, would be pretty much an PR... maybe not suicide, since they did garner a lot of credit from the fans, but definitely an equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot, something that CDPR... PR department wouldn't do. Financial conference in March seems like a much more appropriate place for some big news regarding Gwent (maybe with a minor tease regarding Cyberpunk as well). Coming to E3 just to announce the new game they work on before Cyberpunk reveal after all of that also seems like a poor move from PR perspective, unless they are really confident and decide to do both things by revealing Cyberpunk at one conference and teaser for their next project at another.

With some luck, Gwent will already have been released by E3, so there will not be much to announce about it. I am not really up to date on Gwent, but was a release not planned in 2017, and only recently changed? Even with a delay into 2018, I would think it is more likely in the first half of the year, maybe around April. So, the main attraction at E3 could be a full reveal of CP2077 with gameplay footage (similarly to Witcher 3 in 2014) and the planned release date announced soon afterwards. Maybe the mystery AAA title would be announced as well with a small teaser like what Cyberpunk got years ago, since as the game enters full production, there will be job postings for it anyway. It could all be wishful thinking, though.

I think the full release of Gwent coincides with Thronebreaker, which was initially targeted for Holiday 2017 until (just like everything CDPR makes) it was delayed. I imagine it will release around May, which is still well ahead of E3.

If they are going to show Cyberpunk, I think they would want everyone to have their full attention on it rather than divide it with another product that won't release for some time.

Meccanical;n10440782 said:
If they are going to show Cyberpunk, I think they would want everyone to have their full attention on it rather than divide it with another product that won't release for some time.
That's really the point. Whatever CDPR plans I doubt it'll involve more then one product. As you say they're not the sort to muddy the waters by talking about multiple ones in any but vague terms.

Suhiira;n10445872 said:
That's really the point. Whatever CDPR plans I doubt it'll involve more then one product. As you say they're not the sort to muddy the waters by talking about multiple ones in any but vague terms.

*CDPR announces Cyberpunk 2078 at E3*

Snowflakez;n10433982 said:
They did say something to that effect, yes, but it wasn't clear what they meant exactly. Sardukhar can probably remember the specific quote.

I ask as traditional marketing plans have a tempo. That is, once they start spinning up the hype machine, you know the release is near. Like 6-9 months near. Of course this conflicts with their stated goal of releasing it when it's ready, so YMMV.

Either way I hope we something CP at E3

Meccanical;n10440782 said:

If they announce the other AAA game first, then Cyberpunk gets a full reveal (30+ minutes gameplay shown, pre-orders made available, etc.), then I do not think it would take away much attention from CP2077. That is, except maybe if it is another Witcher. But otherwise it would be more like what CP2077 was to TW3 in 2013. It would be Cyberpunk taking away the attention from the other title, but that is not a major problem, since it is only planned to be released in a few years, the announcement would be more about confirming what the game is than being part of a large marketing campaign.

Tieco;n10447252 said:
I ask as traditional marketing plans have a tempo. That is, once they start spinning up the hype machine, you know the release is near. Like 6-9 months near. Of course this conflicts with their stated goal of releasing it when it's ready, so YMMV.

A few months before release the game would probably be close to being ready, in the final stages of polishing. By that time, the developers could be confident enough about the planned release date to announce it. Although for similar reasons I also think a major reveal at E3 would make the most sense with a release towards the end of this year, otherwise, the game might be shown only in some smaller way, like another short trailer and limited gameplay (only shown to the press, not to the public).

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10454622 said:
CDPR changes so much over the years that it's hard to make predictions about them
That and games ALWAYS change even more between inception, execution, and final release.

I actually don't have a problem with them revealing another game alongside Cyberpunk. In fact, it would make logical sense to do so, if they are indeed aiming for a 2021 release date. As sv said, it's unlikely to take much steam away from CP. People aren't going to see that and think "oh another RPG that isn't coming out anytime soon let me save my money for that instead of a game that's releasing in 6-9 months".

Now, if that release date is starting to seem further away due to how much longer 2077 is taking to finish than they may have initially thought, I can see them delaying it to 2022 or even 2023 and waiting another year or so to reveal it. But I don't think it harms Cyberpunk 2077 at all to have another game unveiled at the same conference.

I don't know if it's any true but according to MadQueen who contacted CDPR and people behind E3 herself, RED requested several "spots of stage time" as well as their own booth at the convention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBW-KidUyM
And that is stage time not just a few posters and TVs around the game's logo.
Now I know I might be going nuts on this one but my prediction is that they might not only show the trailer at one of the conferences but also an extensive presentation at one of the stages (for example NVIDIA's).
They wanted a Bethesda-type reveal after all.

Kuboniusz;n10460242 said:
I don't know if it's any true but according to MadQueen who contacted CDPR and people behind E3 herself, RED requested several "spots of stage time" as well as their own booth at the convention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zBW-KidUyM
And that is stage time not just a few posters and TVs around the game's logo.
Now I know I might be going nuts on this one but my prediction is that they might not only show the trailer at one of the conferences but also an extensive presentation at one of the stages (for example NVIDIA's).
They wanted a Bethesda-type reveal after all.

MadqueenShow How exactly did you cantact the organization behind E3?

With all this talk about another AAA RPG from CDPR - anybody heard anything at all to indicate if it is another IP, or part of an existing series such as The Witcher (would love to see more from that world).

Razrback16;n10461532 said:
With all this talk about another AAA RPG from CDPR - anybody heard anything at all to indicate if it is another IP, or part of an existing series such as The Witcher (would love to see more from that world).
CDPR has said the Witcher series is over for the moment, they might come back it at some point in the future.
And we have no clue what their other IP is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom