E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved melee. Excellent news.
1591632111065.png

Can we has fine-tuned roleplaying system closer to interlock unlimited? It's also fluid class system sorta classless system. Can we has fine-tuned itemization? It's been 20 years yet no other RPG since Diablo 2 improved on itemization.

Thanks.

Last edited:
-According to a dev working on quest design they have no „rules“ about how a quest has to be (eg. Do not let you move more than 1000meters, you talk to 2,5 people[Yes the dev said "2.5 and not 2-5]) the only rule they have: If it‘s good, we expanding it and implementing it.

This is great, as this is one of the primary complaints leveled at Rockstar and how its quest design has evolved moving to RDR2. The quests in RDR2 tended to be very strict in what you can do and what you are supposed to do. Yet one of the main reasons why people liked the old GTA games, was the "Freeform" quest completion. Letting players invent new ways to finish quests is simply fun, rewards exploration and increases replay value.

Some of that info might not be exactly true. Here's an update from Philipp Weber. I hope hes not referring to that Cyberspace bit, that sounded amazing haha
View attachment 11044742
I think this bit about "three times as many quests to complete quests then in The Witcher 3" has been posted some time ago and Phillip then clarified that this wasn't a very accurate translation. What he really meant by that was that they will be giving players more tools to play with then in The Witcher 3, which means that they often have to design more paths leading through the quests because of that and IN SOME CASES that means designing three times or more ways of completing the quest then in The Witcher 3.

"-While there are some areas in the Witcher 3 where villagers don’t have a daily routine, they are planing to improve this with giving more than a thousand NPCs a handmade routine."

That's great! :D
TW3 had many static NPCs, many generic and cloned NPCs roaming the cities..it bothered me.
I really hope that they improve the NPCs.
Similar to RDR2 it would be great.
RDR2 has hundreds unique NPCs with routines.

Some of that info might not be exactly true. Here's an update from Philipp Weber. I hope hes not referring to that Cyberspace bit, that sounded amazing haha

As you probably know by now, since Moraez corrected the main post after Benz talked to him, that was indeed the incorrect bit.

The devs were talking about how 2020 Netrunning worked - you launch programs and Daemons that have icons like fantasy monsters that fight each other and/or try to kill/capture/stun/track you. Hellhound is a hound from hell, for example, that follows the runner - eternally- and then tries to give them a heart attack and kill them. A Liche wipes your mind and turns you into a preprogrammed "zombie" for the attacker, etc.

That's 2020.
Netrunning.JPG

Hellhound.JPG

Sadly, running the 'Running in game wasn't generally as exciting. But! Cool ideas!

As you probably know by now, since Moraez corrected the main post after Benz talked to him, that was indeed the incorrect bit.

The devs were talking about how 2020 Netrunning worked - you launch programs and Daemons that have icons like fantasy monsters that fight each other and/or try to kill/capture/stun/track you. Hellhound is a hound from hell, for example, that follows the runner - eternally- and then tries to give them a heart attack and kill them. A Liche wipes your mind and turns you into a preprogrammed "zombie" for the attacker, etc.

That's 2020.

Sadly, running the 'Running in game wasn't generally as exciting. But! Cool ideas!

This is the way I understood it too, mainly from this answer
Context.JPG

Seems like OP misunderstood the context.

Also not sure if this qualifies for spoilers, tag it up if needed

Should I expect that when Night City Wire starts that is the beginning of the aggressive marketing campaign for Cyberpunk 2077? Like the fallout one they mentioned long time ago.

And if that serious marketing doesn't happen will that mean the game will get delayed again? :eek:
Because if this ugly news happen I am sure the game's lore book and Cyberpunk Red will get delayed as well.

Should I expect that when Night City Wire starts that is the beginning of the aggressive marketing campaign for Cyberpunk 2077? Like the fallout one they mentioned long time ago.

And if that serious marketing doesn't happen will that mean the game will get delayed again? :eek:
Because if this ugly news happen I am sure the game's lore book and Cyberpunk Red will get delayed as well.
I may be wrong here, but it's been reported that the game is in its final stage of development and any further delays are out of question. Nobody actually said the latter, but the former is a good sign to speculate that we do have a solid and final release date.

Given who actually is in the game (besides "Refused", they're here for the punk part), what is so cyber in this punk?

Night city is a multi-cultural place. So influences for music, or art, or style could be influenced by the people in place.
I can't imagine a future where people only listening to darksinth and synthwave. This is so cliché.
And for some music I heard, it will be very interesting to heard the cyber in pop, in rap, in latina music.

I can't imagine a future where people only listening to darksinth and synthwave. This is so cliché.
The absence of what you call "darksynth and synthwave" is the cliché as overabundance of it. Besides, Perturbator's stuff is not set in stone as darksynth only, this opinion is a cliché on it's own.
I’m having a bit of a dull moment here. What do you mean?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom